Cincy2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S Plaid, Mercedes EQB
Country flag
I'm going to move from a Tesla S Plaid to the new model 2025 Taycan. Tesla of course, never negotiated prices (I've had three Model S's, a Model 3 and a Model Y). What can I expect from the average Porsche dealer if I ask for 10-15% discount from MSRP if I spec a car and order it? If you have recent experience in negotiating a Taycan price, please weigh in. All comments appreciated.

Cincy2
Sponsored

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
Unlikely on a just launched refresh model.
Doesn't hurt to help but ask. Let us know how you get on!

OP
OP

Cincy2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There are eight 2023 -2024 models with less than 10 miles sitting on the dealer's lot. EV prices are softening on most makes. It is a remote possibility I agree but definitely worth a shot. I only need 10% to be a buyer.

n4ronin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I'm going to move from a Tesla S Plaid to the new model 2025 Taycan. Tesla of course, never negotiated prices (I've had three Model S's, a Model 3 and a Model Y). What can I expect from the average Porsche dealer if I ask for 10-15% discount from MSRP if I spec a car and order it? If you have recent experience in negotiating a Taycan price, please weigh in. All comments appreciated.

Cincy2
On a 2025 model maybe 3%-5% movement off MSRP at best probably. Agree with other comment going for a 2023-2024 model they will be more aggressive on price. Probably 10% if not more.

ShiftyWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2017 Audi Q5 PP
Country flag
Plus, the 2024 and earlier look better, unless you specifically need the efficiency updates or new power options in the 2025.

Just points to ponder

unbiased

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota
Country flag
Friend of of mine got 3k off MSRP on a 2025 model after talking to several dealers. No significant discounts to be expected for now. For 2023/24 models you can easily get up to 20% discount if you lease it and are good at negotiating. They are desperate to empty the existing stock.

OP
OP

Cincy2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Plus, the 2024 and earlier look better, unless you specifically need the efficiency updates or new power options in the 2025.

Just points to ponder
Working through this option now. Also considering downgrading to a 4S. I really don't think I need the extra horsepower. My Plaid's 1020HP made me wet my pants every time I actually used it. My priority is the Porsche handling and fun factor. The Taycan can never match the software / range of a Model S. Once I get past that, the choice should be simple.

Cincy

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
Working through this option now. Also considering downgrading to a 4S. I really don't think I need the extra horsepower. My Plaid's 1020HP made me wet my pants every time I actually used it. My priority is the Porsche handling and fun factor. The Taycan can never match the software / range of a Model S. Once I get past that, the choice should be simple.

Cincy
@ShiftyWolf makes a good point on Gen 1 vs. Gen 2 you are after especially so many good deals to have on Gen 1. Please post your Gen 2 (2025) build and rationale of what specific changes making it compelling for you to forego Gen 1 that can be had at very deep discounts. I have Gen 1 and while Gen 2 improvements are really nice, they are in the really nice category for me, and not compelling to want Gen 2. Please see my analysis in this link of what I found the differences to be that might be helpful to you after studying many initial launch docs that Porsche shared that are no longer accessible. I made copies.

Last edited:

OP
OP

Cincy2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@ShiftyWolf makes a good point on Gen 1 vs. Gen 2 you are after especially so many good deals to have on Gen 1. Please post your Gen 2 (2025) build and rationale of what specific changes making it compelling for you to forego Gen 1 that can be had at very deep discounts. I have Gen 1 and while Gen 2 improvements are really nice, they are in the really nice category for me, and not compelling to want Gen 2. Please see my analysis in this link of what I found the differences to be that might be helpful to you after studying many initial launch posts that are no longer accessible.
I see the wisdom in your argument. In fact, I have found a 2024 GTS on the lot that is loaded to the gills with options. It is listed at the same price as MSRP for the 2025 4S I configured. I could be happy with this car. I am retired so range is not a big deal to me. This is a fun car and I have a charger at home. Stay tuned. I am going to meet with the sales guy. If I can get a good discount, there may be a deal here.

https://www.porschetampa.com/inventory/new-2024-porsche-taycan-gts-awd-4dr-car-wp0ad2y1xrsa47929/

kmcdonal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan 350Z, Subaru WRX
Country flag
@ShiftyWolf makes a good point on Gen 1 vs. Gen 2 you are after especially so many good deals to have on Gen 1. Please post your Gen 2 (2025) build and rationale of what specific changes making it compelling for you to forego Gen 1 that can be had at very deep discounts. I have Gen 1 and while Gen 2 improvements are really nice, they are in the really nice category for me, and not compelling to want Gen 2. Please see my analysis in this link of what I found the differences to be that might be helpful to you after studying many initial launch docs that Porsche shared that are no longer accessible. I made copies.
I just placed an order for a 2025 Turbo. (I had a 2020 4S previously.) For me the extra range was appealing. I do one trip in particular that is on the edge of the current Taycans' range, and the charging infrastructure on the trip is very limited.

I also was hoping that the new cars will polish some of the gremlins that were in the early cars. That might be wishful thinking, but we will see.

Archon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Taycan GTS - BMW E92 M3
Country flag
I see the wisdom in your argument. In fact, I have found a 2024 GTS on the lot that is loaded to the gills with options. It is listed at the same price as MSRP for the 2025 4S I configured. I could be happy with this car. I am retired so range is not a big deal to me. This is a fun car and I have a charger at home. Stay tuned. I am going to meet with the sales guy. If I can get a good discount, there may be a deal here.

https://www.porschetampa.com/inventory/new-2024-porsche-taycan-gts-awd-4dr-car-wp0ad2y1xrsa47929/
The deal is to lease first, ask for 12-14% off MSRP and the lease rebates totaling $22.5K.

Your GTS choice looks great…does it have rear axel steering? A must IMO. Good luck.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag

Please ask for the full sticker printout. There is no way to tell what the build for this example is without it. Lots of useless pictures of the same thing but too lazy by the dealer to not have full sticker shown.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Chalk with satin black wheels is a fantastic combination. You’re gonna fall in love when you see it in person.

ShiftyWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2017 Audi Q5 PP
Country flag
I have found a 2024 GTS on the lot that is loaded to the gills with options. It is listed at the same price as MSRP for the 2025 4S I configured. I could be happy with this car. I am retired so range is not a big deal to me. This is a fun car and I have a charger at home. Stay tuned.
Please ask for the full sticker printout. There is no way to tell what the build for this example is without it.
Agreed on both counts, although you can at least see options such as Bose stereo, sports chrono with drive modes, and passenger display. Try out the 18 way seats to see how they fit you, as this is very subjective.

Rear axle steering is nice but not a requirement. My 4S doesn't have it and, as long as you are aware, does not cause any issues with u-turns or in parking lots.

bluesky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW F10 M5 Comp, BMW F10 550i
Country flag
If you want to pay $13 you can get a dump from vinanalytics.com using the VIN in the listing.
Sponsored