'24 GTS ST Build Feedback

AlexR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (on order), BMW X5, Golf GTE
Country flag
I love the clarity of tone Burmester gives even to podcasts etc. It's an expensive option for what it is but gives me the most pleasure out of all options.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Porsche know plenty about brakes.
Squeaking brakes on my former cayenne were like no other I’ve experienced. Service advisors always explained that it was normal. Drove me nuts.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
Squeaking brakes on my former cayenne were like no other I’ve experienced. Service advisors always explained that it was normal. Drove me nuts.
+1 to that. Have constantly squeaking brakes on 2016 Macan Turbo after everything was replaced at 50k miles (red caliper iron kind but larger than the S of the same year) with stories that this is totally normal, and now 2020 Cayenne with PSCB (white caliper) are doing the same even after replacing most of the parts under the TSB. They may know brakes, but they do not know how not make them squeak. Every time I experience it, I think that all of their desert/arctic testing is bogus if we end up with this in production.

Reactions: 007

The Riddler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
+2 on squeaking PSCB on my Cayenne Turbo… at their worst when cold, typically driving off first thing or moving about a car park. You can literally see pedestrians wincing..!

I am not speccing these for the Taycan, never again!

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
+2 on squeaking PSCB on my Cayenne Turbo… at their worst when cold, typically driving off first thing or moving about a car park. You can literally see pedestrians wincing..!

I am not speccing these for the Taycan, never again!
Porsche actually did a YT video a few years back which explains that their squeaky brakes are a feature and not an issue. Engineer explained it with a straight face.

tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Cayenne Coupe E-Hybrid (RIP), 2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Not sure which seats you selected but in going to excites my love for massage seats here. Didn't think this option would be so good but now i turn it on every time I drive

They're available with the 14 way seats as an added option.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Porsche actually did a YT video a few years back which explains that their squeaky brakes are a feature and not an issue. Engineer explained it with a straight face.
Let me guess, so that you know that your brakes are working? Now the big question, will Porsche fix any car that doesn't squeak, or buy it back as a lemon if they cannot make it squeak as per design?

Last edited:

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Not doubting fellow forum members reports of squeaking PSCBs, but I've never noticed any unusual noises in my own car nor in any of the 3 other Taycan Turbo's I've driven (all with PSCBs as standard).

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Not doubting fellow forum members reports of squeaking PSCBs, but I've never noticed any unusual noises in my own car nor in any of the 3 other Taycan Turbo's I've driven (all with PSCBs as standard).
I haven't either, until I read this and started paying more attention. I did catch a few squeaks lately - in the past I would have dismissed them as coming from other cars, but they might have come from mine. They don't reproduce reliably. Will do some more observation.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Not sure which seats you selected but in going to excites my love for massage seats here. Didn't think this option would be so good but now i turn it on every time I drive

They're available with the 14 way seats as an added option.
One of the reasons I ended up not going with the GTS was I wanted ventilated massage comfort seats and they aren’t available with the GTS interior, which largely defeated the object of getting a GTS in the first place IMO.

A CT4S to my spec was a bit cheaper and probably better for my local roads with 20mm more bump travel in the suspension. I don’t like the plastic wheelarch cladding but prefer the CT 21” wheels over any for the GTS and that sealed it.

tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Cayenne Coupe E-Hybrid (RIP), 2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
One of the reasons I ended up not going with the GTS was I wanted ventilated massage comfort seats and they aren’t available with the GTS interior, which largely defeated the object of getting a GTS in the first place IMO.

A CT4S to my spec was a bit cheaper and probably better for my local roads with 20mm more bump travel in the suspension. I don’t like the plastic wheelarch cladding but prefer the CT 21” wheels over any for the GTS and that sealed it.
I guess I de-GTSed a GTS, as I got mine with leather interior and thus, ventilated, massage seats. 😊

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
I haven't either, until I read this and started paying more attention. I did catch a few squeaks lately - in the past I would have dismissed them as coming from other cars, but they might have come from mine. They don't reproduce reliably. Will do some more observation.
Very curious about your experience. I optioned them on the Taycan but do not have it yet.

I have Cayenne with them and know another Cayenne owner and a Macan owner with them with all of us have undisputable squeaking issues with the PSCB setups. The issue is widespread with Porsche releasing a TSB under which all break components had been replaced on mine but the front rotors, and the fronts still squeak. Service Manager says, we can pay for 1 rotor, and you pay for the other, is the best they can do, while I am at 30k miles and 1 year of warranty left, so why would I pay for anything.

My experience is that as soon as the rotors become glazed and look like a mirror, then when the squeaking starts and for me it was at 10k mile point. The squeaking would even happen when not braking on the rears and pretty loud and unsettling, may be due to having PTV+. The master tech at the shop says when the rotors are mirror like, there is no brake pad that can exist to perform without squeaking noise.
Sponsored