AnhMinh85

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 718 Cayman S
Country flag
Wow lots of great feedback. I totally appreciate it you guys.

The biggest things I’m getting are remove the puddle light, getting it later is cheaper, and add 150kW/400DC Charger

@PDACPA If I don’t pick heated steering wheel, it’s still the GT one, but in Dallas there’s about a month of cold weather, and I think heated would be good for that.

@trogger Yeah I left it off on purpose, because I was thinking the color scheme of the car is ice grey (which is almost white) and black (tires and wheel spokes), so keeping a monochromatic crest would fit the color scheme. Would putting a colored crest with red and gold mess with the color?

@RAHRCR and @daveo4EV I think you both are correct that fitting 3 kids in the back is not ideal. I do have other vehicles (like SUV’s) that I usually take the kids in. This is just for that off time where I have to pick them up while I’m in the taycan.

@SergeyIndy I went to go see it at the dealership, that’s where I fell in love with ice grey. TBH I don’t think it looks that great in pictures, but in person it’s so different, especially how much light is hitting it.

If the silver on the mission e wheel gets chipped or faded, is it possible to get them painted afterwards?

Chalk seat belts would be great! I’m just worried about it getting dirty, but that’s good you said there’s no evidence of that happening.

I think I read you or someone else mention the same thing about the variable light control in another post. Hmmm I’ll have to consider it.

@007 Wow good build! Is it worth it for the performance package? And also the 19.2 KW on-board charger?

Thanks everyone for replying. I love how friendly this forum is!
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
@007 Wow good build! Is it worth it for the performance package? And also the 19.2 KW on-board charger?
On the performance pkg, I think so, but I know others on here will disagree. Depends how you drive. If you’re able to find a dealer that has cars with and without, I would suggest doing some spirited back to back test drives. At the least, I would get rear wheel steering.

On the 19.2 kw onboard charger, maybe not needed. I have it, but I charge at 10kw max because I get a penalty for going over when charging at home (I live in Poland). But it could be useful at home, office or hotel charging situations.

Tighlines

First Name
Klint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 panamera turbo, 2023 taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Hello all, this is my first time posting on here, so go easy on me. I just put a deposit down on a ’24 Taycan 4S Yay!!!! Super excited! Estimated October delivery date, and I would love some advice on the build. My car before this one was a 2018 718 Cayman S that I also built. I made the mistake of not showing anyone the build because I thought I knew what I was doing, so this time around I’m going to get some feedback. I am in the Dallas, TX area, and I mainly will be using this car for daily commute to work and taking and picking up kids from school. I have other vehicles that would be used for long trips and traveling. I’ve basically divided up the options I picked into 3 categories; need, want, and totally unnecessary but still getting.

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRWVQF53

Need:

Exterior color: Ice Grey Metallic

Wheels: 21’’ Mission E Wheels – I’ve considered getting these painted in exterior color, but wouldn’t the base silver look so similar to the ice grey? What would be the advantage of getting it painted?

All season tires – Are these needed? It doesn’t get that cold in Dallas except for 1 month or so. Would it be better to get summer tires?

Interior color: Leather Black/Chalk

Rear 2+1 seats – I have 3 kids so I think this is needed

Premium Package

Technology Package – I think ACC is a must

PSCB with caliphers in white – comes with Mission E Wheels

Advanced 4 Zone Climate – with 3 kids in the back

Performance Battery Plus – I think this is needed

Want:

Exterior window trim in high gloss

Rear Axle Steering – I originally didn’t put this on, but I’ve read on here that this option is really useful

Porsche Electric Sport Sound

Sport Chrono Package with Subsecond Clock – I do want the sport chrono package for the sport plus mode. The subsecond clock puts such a classic feel to the car.

Panoramic Roof with Variable Light control – My kids hate the sun in their face, so I think this will better help with it

Interior Trim in Carbon Fiber – Saw this on a car at the dealership and looked very nice

Heated GT Sport Steering Wheel

Totally Unnecessary but still getting:

Under door puddle light

Porsche Crest on Headrests

Power Charge Port Cover – I know, unnecessary. But I do think it looks very cool

I did not include:

150kW/400V DC Charger – I read this is recommended for Telsa charging stations in the future? But I don’t really plan on being that far away from home with this car.

What do you guys think? Any obvious flaws with the build? Or did I put too much options and should take some off? TIA!
I think you nailed it!
Love all your choices, can't wait to see pics of the finished product.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
Now, we would like to have your revised build code to see what you ended up with.
The best way to do it is to post it in your signature as soon as you get the new one, so anyone replying can hit it and see the latest at any thread point.

Tucson_Jim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan turbo
Country flag
^ this. Even though my '22 was used with only 1800 miles when I bought it, I felt like I bought it a year too early. OP, my build is very similar to yours and heavily optioned (almost everything except for ACC/tech package/carbons). Options total came out to about 46k.

If I would have waited a year and bought around this time, I could've had a slightly used Turbo for the price I paid a year ago.
Same here. Used Turbo with 3600 miles and more options for $50k below sticker. Within 10K of our original base sedan order (cancelled due to "heatergate").

tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Cayenne Coupe E-Hybrid (RIP), 2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Paint the wheels satin platinum! I saw it on an ice grey on this forum and it looks insanely good.

Like someone else said, if you're doing 14 way seats, add the massage seat function. I love it mine.

Rear axle steering is definitely a must have.

And if you wanna give it a sporty look, consider painting the door handles in gloss black. It flows well with the power charge port cover and the mirror base in gloss black.

tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Cayenne Coupe E-Hybrid (RIP), 2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Paint the wheels satin platinum! I saw it on an ice grey on this forum and it looks insanely good.

Like someone else said, if you're doing 14 way seats, add the massage seat function. I love it mine.

Rear axle steering is definitely a must have.

And if you wanna give it a sporty look, consider painting the door handles in gloss black. It flows well with the power charge port cover and the mirror base in gloss black.
Here are the pics I was taking about. Check this post. https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/ice-grey-taycan-club.2823/post-147161

I love that car.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
On the performance pkg, I think so, but I know others on here will disagree. Depends how you drive. If you’re able to find a dealer that has cars with and without, I would suggest doing some spirited back to back test drives. At the least, I would get rear wheel steering.

On the 19.2 kw onboard charger, maybe not needed. I have it, but I charge at 10kw max because I get a penalty for going over when charging at home (I live in Poland). But it could be useful at home, office or hotel charging situations.
I have the performance package and would recommend for those that want the full range from lux cruiser to surgical instrument. It’s really good.

seattlefox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Try these on. I liked them.

SportDesign Side Skirts
Exterior Mirror Lower Trim in Exterior Color and Base in High Gloss Black
Door Handles in High Gloss Black
Model Designation on Rear in High Gloss Black

These go really well with Ice grey + Mission E. Made the car look both sporty and elegant.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
3 people in the back is no bueno even if they are children.
I have taken 3 under 12 year old grandchildren in the back often without complaint and they have enough room.
With a single adult being one of the 3 it wouldn't be comfortable.

AyTifosi

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S, 2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Nice build, however at $160k for a 4S, why would you not opt for a GTS? At the higher base, it will always be worth more. I used the configurator and optioned a GTS similar to your 4S and came up with $167K. I think that is too close not to. Sure, I know it's another $7k.. It's just money, you'll make more!

Some suggestions... I had a 4S and now have a GTS, so I can speak to some direct comparisions that might be useful.

Tires - In the Pacific NW summer tires are sketchy for about three months. I had the choice of going with all season and handicapping the car for 12 months, or going with summer tires and handicapping it for 3. The all season tires were quite good (despite me not liking Continentals), however I prefer knowing I have performance tires under me when I push.

Wheels - I had to get the GTS wheels as I think it is part of what makes a GTS. However, the Mission E wheels are so cool. I personally would paint them to match the exterior as I like things like that. Personal choice though. With Ice Silver they almost match anyway. I did get the White PCCBs also. I wanted the color, but am finding the rotors become mirrors and I like that too.

Variable roof - I had the fixed panorama roof in my 4S. It was fine. However, I opted for the Variable light roof in the GTS and am glad I have it. Not always sunny here, yet when the sun is high I can block it using the different settings. In a sunny part of the country with kids in the back, I think it would be wise.

Power charger door panels - I had manual in the 4S - totally fine. However, I much prefer the power version. I like the added trim piece's look and like that they move out of the way, versus flapping up and open.

Rear axel steering. I thought it would be a must. Honestly, I don't know if I've ever noticed it. I must have, right? Jury is out for me on this one.

Interior - I have the carbon fiber panels. Sure, it's carbon fiber so they're cool. However, no one notices except me. In fact, this is one place I think I goofed. I have the chalk/black interior. I didn't really think this through when I added carbon fiber panels, door handle in exterior color (frozen blue), and orange stitching. Frankly, there is a lot going on! Too much really.. I own it though. (see pic).

Rearview mirror - high gloss trim with bottom matching exterior color. I think this is the way to go.

One thing I added and love - door sill guards in carbon fiber. They light up with "Taycan".

Seat belts - consider slate grey instead of chalk. Yes, the chalk would look good. However, the slate grey might give you some look without too much contrast.

Porsche design clock - I ordered this as I didn't like the standard ones. I like it, yet weirdly I don't think anyone at Porsche tested the clock at night. The hands are clearish, so at night they are quite hard to read. Strange they don't light up in read or something other than clear.

There's my two cents. Let us know what you decide!

Porsche Taycan '24 Taycan 4S build feedback GTS_door

OP
OP
AnhMinh85

AnhMinh85

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 718 Cayman S
Country flag
Ok lots to think about with all the responses.

New build code is in the signature

I know it doesn’t look it, but I am trying to not have the price go up too high. There’s a lot of good suggestions of adding massage seats and exterior cosmetic things, but if I add anymore, I might as well get a GTS (problem is I already put deposit down for a 4S and can’t change models). @AyTifosi I put in my build on a GTS and got around $171k. 10k more for a GTS is very tempting, but I really should be removing options to drive the price down instead of up. On the tires, do you really feel like all season tires would handicap you during summer months? Is it really that much of a difference? On Porsche design clock, I thought I read somewhere that there’s a brightness you could increase? Your door interior looks very unique, maybe a little too colorful for me.

Things I could potentially give up to free up some money:

Rear axle steering – I never really considered this until reading what everyone says about it on here

Electric sport sound

Porsche design clock – such a nice clock though

Variable light control – could really knock the price down

Interior trim in carbon fiber – what is here as a standard? Does it look cheap?

Things I’m considering adding:

Exterior mirror in exterior color/black

Door handles in black

Massage seats?

I have 1 month before my freeze date, so little time to decide. Thanks everyone for your input!

RMB

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
I drove a car with the electric sport sound and then shut it off and enjoyed much more the sound of the motors themselves. Albeit I'm one of those people that hears very high-pitched sounds and I say hear that? and most people say no, what? Birds, dog whistles, 110v chargers, sirens in the distance. Sometimes can be a nuisance.

Also ordered mine with the variable tint roof. Anything to keep it cooler inside plus you might check on the value of thermal and insulated glass. Especially in Texas.

Be patient after ordering! it's going to be a while.

ARTAL EV

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo 4
Country flag
Hello all, this is my first time posting on here, so go easy on me. I just put a deposit down on a ’24 Taycan 4S Yay!!!! Super excited! Estimated October delivery date, and I would love some advice on the build. My car before this one was a 2018 718 Cayman S that I also built. I made the mistake of not showing anyone the build because I thought I knew what I was doing, so this time around I’m going to get some feedback. I am in the Dallas, TX area, and I mainly will be using this car for daily commute to work and taking and picking up kids from school. I have other vehicles that would be used for long trips and traveling. I’ve basically divided up the options I picked into 3 categories; need, want, and totally unnecessary but still getting.

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRWVQF53

Need:

Exterior color: Ice Grey Metallic

Wheels: 21’’ Mission E Wheels – I’ve considered getting these painted in exterior color, but wouldn’t the base silver look so similar to the ice grey? What would be the advantage of getting it painted?

All season tires – Are these needed? It doesn’t get that cold in Dallas except for 1 month or so. Would it be better to get summer tires?

Interior color: Leather Black/Chalk

Rear 2+1 seats – I have 3 kids so I think this is needed

Premium Package

Technology Package – I think ACC is a must

PSCB with caliphers in white – comes with Mission E Wheels

Advanced 4 Zone Climate – with 3 kids in the back

Performance Battery Plus – I think this is needed

Want:

Exterior window trim in high gloss

Rear Axle Steering – I originally didn’t put this on, but I’ve read on here that this option is really useful

Porsche Electric Sport Sound

Sport Chrono Package with Subsecond Clock – I do want the sport chrono package for the sport plus mode. The subsecond clock puts such a classic feel to the car.

Panoramic Roof with Variable Light control – My kids hate the sun in their face, so I think this will better help with it

Interior Trim in Carbon Fiber – Saw this on a car at the dealership and looked very nice

Heated GT Sport Steering Wheel

Totally Unnecessary but still getting:

Under door puddle light

Porsche Crest on Headrests

Power Charge Port Cover – I know, unnecessary. But I do think it looks very cool

I did not include:

150kW/400V DC Charger – I read this is recommended for Telsa charging stations in the future? But I don’t really plan on being that far away from home with this car.

What do you guys think? Any obvious flaws with the build? Or did I put too much options and should take some off? TIA!
I have a Turbo S with every Option. I don't like the All Season tires as the sidewalls seem softer and since it's a heavy car the stiffer sidewalls of a summer tire should be better. Also the curb guard does not seat as well on the front rims with the all season's and makes it look like the rim edges stick out too much from the tire. Looks odd to me. Chalk interior is harder to keep clean with children and dogs. I don't use the Electric Porsche sound nor do I think the 4 Zone is needed. Go for the lighted door sills instead of the puddle lights. You could save the money on Panoramic Roof with Variable Light control and just put a high quality tint on the roof. That money saved could go towards interior upgrades. Just a thought.
Sponsored