NJ-Taycan

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Took an overnight business trip from Philadelphia to Chicago. Got back to the Philadelphia airport for what I was hoping would be an enjoyable drive home in my Taycan, but the car had other plans for me.

1. Got in the car and was welcomed home by the black PCM screen with the blue spinning wheel of death. Thankfully the two finger reboot resolved the problem. This is the second time this has happened in the past week to 10 days. And I swear I can predict when it’s going to happen as the interior door lock lights always seem to flash red just before this issue occurs. I did have the back door open with the keys sitting on the front seat for a few minutes as I was cleaning out my backpack from my flight (not sure if related)? I wonder if a factory reset of the PCM might help to ease the problem? For the record my car does have the uPdate applied with the new colored icons.

2. As soon as the car powered up, I heard that fan ticking sound from the center console behind the PCM. This has happened before but normally goes away quickly once driving. Tonight it persisted for the entire 25 minute drive home. Battery temp was 64 degrees when the car powered up and the sound stopped just when getting home and the battery temp was just touching 73 degrees. Wondering if this is related to battery temps?

3. Last issue, and this is the second time I have experienced this. While driving on the highway, I stepped on the brake pedal at around 60 mph and the regenerative braking did not kick in, the car used the normal brakes for 1-2 stops. And no, this was not right after getting under way, I was already driving for 15 minutes when it happened this time and again last week (I know this is common for the first couple of stops to clean the brake rotors). It feels strange as you need to apply more pedal pressure as opposed to the regen stopping the car. Has Anyone else see this from time to time?

Damn EV technology gremlins!
Sponsored

• Sad
Reactions: B61

ejcintr

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s, F150
Country flag
I have had your first issue as well when I was gone for a week... had to do the two finger salute as well to address. I also have the uPdate.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Took an overnight business trip from Philadelphia to Chicago. Got back to the Philadelphia airport for what I was hoping would be an enjoyable drive home in my Taycan, but the car had other plans for me.

1. Got in the car and was welcomed home by the black PCM screen with the blue spinning wheel of death. Thankfully the two finger reboot resolved the problem. This is the second time this has happened in the past week to 10 days. And I swear I can predict when it’s going to happen as the interior door lock lights always seem to flash red just before this issue occurs. I did have the back door open with the keys sitting on the front seat for a few minutes as I was cleaning out my backpack from my flight (not sure if related)? I wonder if a factory reset of the PCM might help to ease the problem? For the record my car does have the uPdate applied with the new colored icons.

2. As soon as the car powered up, I heard that fan ticking sound from the center console behind the PCM. This has happened before but normally goes away quickly once driving. Tonight it persisted for the entire 25 minute drive home. Battery temp was 64 degrees when the car powered up and the sound stopped just when getting home and the battery temp was just touching 73 degrees. Wondering if this is related to battery temps?

3. Last issue, and this is the second time I have experienced this. While driving on the highway, I stepped on the brake pedal at around 60 mph and the regenerative braking did not kick in, the car used the normal brakes for 1-2 stops. And no, this was not right after getting under way, I was already driving for 15 minutes when it happened this time and again last week (I know this is common for the first couple of stops to clean the brake rotors). It feels strange as you need to apply more pedal pressure as opposed to the regen stopping the car. Has Anyone else see this from time to time?

Damn EV technology gremlins!
I've only experienced point 3 which lasted for 2 - 3 weeks after uPdate and is now back to recuperation braking as normal. I've put this down to "re-learning" as per when the car was first new.

Dr.Ericthedrill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, Audi RS3, Nissan Serena
Country flag
I have experienced your first problem f a blank screen I had to switch off and on a few times to get rid of it. Happened twice in my 8 month ownership.
BTW, I’m ignorant what is the two finger solution?

Dr.Ericthedrill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, Audi RS3, Nissan Serena
Country flag
Thank you for your reply.
Does this reboot wipe out my memorized settings?