Superrat

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Crosss Turismo
Country flag
hope its not an issue for you .. I have had a couple false alarms in the past couple days but nothing like when I first got it.....still pretty damn
very annoying for + $ 120K
Sponsored

Reactions: B61

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
hope its not an issue for you .. I have had a couple false alarms in the past couple days but nothing like when I first got it.....still pretty damn
very annoying for + $ 120K
When you lock the car, press twice (you'll get longer "blink") and alarm will be dissabled.
It's not a solution, it's a workaround when you are in safe areas...

jimtoniq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s Cross Turismo
Country flag
Mine is at the dealership today for a readout because of the false alarm issue to send to Porsche. They should be well aware by now and I hope to get a permanent solution soon. They will call me in for repair once they have a solution back from Stuttgart. For now its double tapping as a workaround. Not ideal but better than having a giant alarmclock in the driveway waking me up at night.

Superrat

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Car alarm going off at random is not the car working the way it's supposed to. Now I have that dreaded "Right front parking light defective"
more joys of owning a Taycan!

jimtoniq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s Cross Turismo
Country flag
Just received info from my dealership that unexpectedly Stuttgart has already replied and is working „high priority“ on a fix for the alarm issue hoping to find a solution soon. Based on the reaction time this seems to be a critical topic. Hardware repair/exchange such as the motion sensors (currently) is not effective.

So it seems that we will need to wait until a fix arrives, presumably software.

Superrat

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for the heads up. Yes I was hoping that with all the comments here and alarm issues that Germany would have to respond to the it. Clearly it's a joy of ownership issue.
I just had my right turn signal and marker light failure warning...at least the CT are consistent at being f...up
SR

285kph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 BMW X5 - 2021 Taycan - 2022 BMW X5 45e
Country flag
Porsche should have plenty of experience fixing fake alarm issues. I got used to double-clicking the lock button for my Macan, after the 2nd or 3rd time security at work had to track me down to take care of my Macan's alarm in the company parking garage.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Porsche should have plenty of experience fixing fake alarm issues. I got used to double-clicking the lock button for my Macan, after the 2nd or 3rd time security at work had to track me down to take care of my Macan's alarm in the company parking garage.
Well, it sounds like they have plenty of experience hearing about it, but fixing it might be another story? ;) Also, if they follow standard automotive software process, even if they have a software fix already, it's probably not going to show up in customer cars for months (next release which will go through complete QA and include more than just this one fix). It's not a Tesla which OTA updates even as often as twice a week in the early days.

Superrat

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How can they deliver the car with this problem, I would think that they lock the car at some point before delivery and this problem had to show up at the factory or dealer? Very annoying problem to have, I hope my CT4 isn't affected (delivery in october).
Thats why my dealer think it’s related to the Porsche Connect app. Doesn’t become and issue till the owner picks up his car and connects car to the App.. I have deleted the app from my phone and turned on Privacy mode. NO false alarm SINCE..I am pretty happy bout that.

DrT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Thats why my dealer think it’s related to the Porsche Connect app. Doesn’t become and issue till the owner picks up his car and connects car to the App.. I have deleted the app from my phone and turned on Privacy mode. NO false alarm SINCE..I am pretty happy bout that.
Would probably be smart to not use the app at all. Waking up the neighbourhood at night would not be fun.

OP
OP
Oysterquartz

Oysterquartz

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4s Cross Turismo
Country flag
Will try that.

OP
OP
Oysterquartz

Oysterquartz

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4s Cross Turismo
Country flag
My CT4s is currently at the dealer, the Dynamic Light System has given up, so they are checking that out. Does that work for you guys?

They are also checking out the "Front Left Direction Indicator faulty" thing out, will update you guys later on this, on what the dealer will say.

The screens in the middle shut off for me once, so they are going to check that out too. Have that happened for you guys as well?

Edit: Changed it to the Dynamic Light System from the Dynamic System.

Superrat

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hey man, sorry to hear. Most of my issues have been related to the alarm and black (dead) screen related..this last week of ownership has been a dream everything works as it should. I got the faulty right cover lamp warning for a day and now it is gone away. The dealer needed to order a new left headlight for some minor error code (two weeks out from Germany)
All they did I absolutely love the car there just a lot of little niggly issues.
All that said I've had a great experience with my dealer (Porsche of Irvine) it has been a pleasant sales and service experience.

OP
OP
Oysterquartz

Oysterquartz

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4s Cross Turismo
Country flag
The car is amazing except these minor faults. Dealer said no error codes whatsoever. My 2010 Lexus RX450h swivels more than the CT4s. That PDLS+ is really really disappointing. About the middle screens turning off, no error codes there either but they recalibrated the screens so there should be no more faults there. The did the same with the front left indicator faulty bug.

OP
OP
Oysterquartz

Oysterquartz

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4s Cross Turismo
Country flag
Update about the lights:
Was at the dealer again, and now a technician was in the car while we tried the lights by driving around. The technician states that there is something wrong but he doesn’t know what. He’s going to talk to the repair shops manager to find any potential setting that need’s to be fixed or anything else that might be hassling!
Sponsored