4S options - what have you picked?

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
My 4S comes out to ~$138k. If I recall correctly, the Turbo with the same options was between $175k-$180k. Granted that was with bigger tires and brakes 'standard', too. These are things I didn't feel I absolutely needed, and thus felt the 4S was best for me. I know many would disagree.
My original 4s order was for £93k I've ended up with a turbo at almost £135k

i keep adding things!!!!!! I cant wait for my build to be locked in
it just starts running away

I wouldn’t have added some of the items that came as standard on the Turbo, but I’m now at Turbo S money and it would actually be cheaper on a 3 yr PCP But i cant get one for at least 12 months
Sponsored

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control Sport
Rear-Axle Steering inc Power Steer plus
Surface Coated Brakes
Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus.

Stuck on if these are really worth the money on a 4S.
No - No racing for me
Yes - I drive a lot in big city and tight parking
No - What is it for?
Yes - I like going fast around tight corners

Ups, now everybody knows, I know nothing about cars! :angel:

GEE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
Hi,

I am set on most of the optional extras, but where I am struggling are on whether the following are worth it, or who has picked them:

Surface Coated Brakes

No - I'm confident the chassis will be awesome without it
No - I did consider this option, but went for just power steering instead (tight parking or cornering isn't a problem around where I live).
No - Not needed imho
No - I was tempted but decided to put money elsewhere.

ImThestig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control Sport-I didn't opt for this, because the car is so low from before, I can't imagine it will be that much more stable with it?
Rear-Axle Steering inc Power Steer plus- yes because faster thru corner and easy to turn around on small places
Surface Coated Brakes- good for stopping in high speeds, and I love the look of those massive brakes.
Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus- this one was the one I was most unsure of, I took it because on all of the sportscars I've owned it made a big difference.

I've tested the turbo and the turbo s on track with all options, the only thing I can't decide was a clever decision is the pdcc, the turbo and turbo s was so amazing flat on the track. I dunno if it is the same without

Rodders

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST GTS, R8 V10, TVR Griffith, Range Rover
Country flag
Hi,

I am set on most of the optional extras, but where I am struggling are on whether the following are worth it, or who has picked them:

Surface Coated Brakes

I've gone for all of these on my Turbo. I read a road test that rear-axle steering makes the car defy the laws of physics in terms of turn in. Regarding the brakes the dealer told me that, because of the regenerative braking, the pads rarely actually touch the disks, so without the surface coating they'll look rusty all the time.

OP
OP
GDHazy

GDHazy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I've changed to a turbo now as I should hopefully get it Sept/Oct this year. So only one i am not picking is PDCC

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I placed my order for a 4S from my dealer in FL on 3/13/2020. Dolomite Silver, Build code PLSC6BJ5

I ordered rear wheel steering out of the chassis performance options.

V900 Dealer Inventory 08/07/20

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
I’m in the same boat like many here, where i’m in the same price range as a turbo. But i want the mission-e look and other extras. With that the turbo comes out to be $28~30k more. Is that ok ? I’m not leasing, so it makes sense to me to not jump to a turbo. But I just feel there’s so much that needs to be added to a 4S

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
Brakes are under-appreciated for the safety factor, plus they’re one of the most impactful visual elements you can upgrade. Of course the price is outrageous when you factor in bigger wheels as well.

Almost everyone seems to appreciate the 4-wheel steering in both high and low speed situations.

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
Hi,

Surface Coated Brakes

I only got surface coated brakes as I had to I order to get mission e rims. The rest are great if you love to drive (and you’re buying a Porsche so I’ll assume that’s a yes!) haha Have fun!
Sponsored