6 weeks and still no idea when my new main battery will arrive

baldybot1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo
Country flag
I am beyond annoyed with Porsche who can still not give me an ETA when my new battery will arrive. Its been six weeks already and I have a basic Q3 as a loaner and I’m concerned even when I do get the taycan back what will be next.

When are the issues with the Taycan going to be highlighted by a magazine or journalist. Problem is they pay too much advertising…

They are still coming off the production line when they know they have major issues and can’t support with parts..
Sponsored

• Wow
Reactions: B61

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
6 weeks??
in our country, after 45 days, you can require new same product or money back (full refund).

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
F that. Real journalism is dead in the 21st Century. 1 or 2 vehicles with a faulty component is not a big deal - and certainly not worth stirring the pot.

I waited ~8 weeks from diagnosis to back in my hands for an entire drive unit replacement. According to everyone involved I was the catalyst prompting an in-depth look into drive unit noise and my dealer believes I received an superseded design unit which is why it took a couple weeks longer. All in it's not that much time considering the parts long trip across the ocean.

At least you have a decent vehicle to use in the interim.

Dslev

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
6 weeks??
in our country, after 45 days, you can require new same product or money back (full refund).
California: 30-days it's presumed a "Lemon", new car or money back

OP
OP

baldybot1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo
Country flag
So Porsche dealer calls me today… good news.. the battery has arrived.. bad news.. they need to hire a fork lift truck to remove the old battery and install the new one… REALLY…..?‍♂

GRV

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X7 | Tesla Model 3 | Taycan 4s (MY21)
Country flag
F that. Real journalism is dead in the 21st Century. 1 or 2 vehicles with a faulty component is not a big deal - and certainly not worth stirring the pot.

I waited ~8 weeks from diagnosis to back in my hands for an entire drive unit replacement. According to everyone involved I was the catalyst prompting an in-depth look into drive unit noise and my dealer believes I received an superseded design unit which is why it took a couple weeks longer. All in it's not that much time considering the parts long trip across the ocean.

At least you have a decent vehicle to use in the interim.
What type of noise was your drive unit making? I'm past day 60 at shop for a noise issue that requires front motor replacement.

OP
OP

baldybot1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo
Country flag
My drive unit hasn’t been making a noise. It’s a dead main battery that needs replacing

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Reactions: GRV
OP
OP

baldybot1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo
Country flag
Ah sorry.. so I was getting a really high pitched noise which i posted which I felt was coming from the wheels or the drive unit. I have standard wheels and tyres. Porsche could find no issue when it went in and they cleaned the brakes. I could still here the sound faintly in the background. Then the battery failed. I’ll have to see how it’s is when the car comes back. Apparently my battery is fitted but my dealer now needs to get a digital key or something from another dealer to pair the battery to the car…. ?‍♂?‍♂?‍♂?‍♂

OP
OP

baldybot1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo
Country flag
Update. So main new battery has arrived at dealer. They phoned me a week ago to tell me they had received the battery but now needed to hire a forklift truck to remove and install the battery. I presumed they would have some Porsche designed service equipment for this procedure…. I then received a call saying the battery is in the car but they don’t have the key to pair the car to the battery.. I just don’t get how these dealers don’t have the tools to repair / service the vehicles.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Update. So main new battery has arrived at dealer. They phoned me a week ago to tell me they had received the battery but now needed to hire a forklift truck to remove and install the battery. I presumed they would have some Porsche designed service equipment for this procedure…. I then received a call saying the battery is in the car but they don’t have the key to pair the car to the battery.. I just don’t get how these dealers don’t have the tools to repair / service the vehicles.
Porsche going old school Soviet tech perhaps? No need for specialized tools. A forklift, hammer, screw driver, shovel, etc. is all you need to service the machine. Whoever heard of a key needed to pair the battery with the car? It should take nothing more than dropping it from the forklift, battery will mate/pair on impact, repeat drop if needed. ?

On a serious note though, I am surprised, and a little scared , that Porsche allows dealers without the required tools/equipment to service their cars. Isn't there some minimum tool-set and training required in order to sell and service Taycans? Or can anyone do that? Maybe I should register as a dealer from my residential garage so I can get my allocation sooner and all the service manuals.
Sponsored