718 Boxster EV pricing and first deliveries timing speculation

mcr21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Will definitely consider the Boxster once the EV version is released, and am curious about pricing expectations for a decently optioned build. Read that the starting price will be around $80k / GBP 65k, i.e. considerably higher than the current ICE version.

Given that the EV is slated for 2025, when would it realistically be available for delivery in UK for those putting in early pre-orders?
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Will definitely consider the Boxster once the EV version is released, and am curious about pricing expectations for a decently optioned build. Read that the starting price will be around $80k / GBP 65k, i.e. considerably higher than the current ICE version.

Given that the EV is slated for 2025, when would it realistically be available for delivery in UK for those putting in early pre-orders?
2024 is the plan but ICE will continue alongside for a while.

Range will be a problem I'm sure.

£65K seems about right and Q3 2024.

NJ-Taycan

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Porsche just announced that 2023 will be the final year for GT4’s, Spyder’s and the Boxster T. The electrified 718’s are coming soon and the 4.0 liter ICE cars will begin to appreciate in value.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
I would be surprised if a base car launches first. I would bet that Porsche will launch with the S/Turbo, just like they did with the Taycan. Porsche wants to maximize profits, which the base vehicles do not achieve. Car should be shown this summer or early fall.

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
The taxes / running costs on 4L 6/8cyl cars will go crazy. These no longer will be the toys that you can keep around for 200€/month. I think the market will be flooded (t.b.h. It’s already flooded with 991/718‘s from the last 15years)

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I am ambivalent about an EV sports car.

Yes no problem to get straight line performance but will miss the lightweight cornering and braking and not have sports car engine noise.

Yes, I can't be impressed by a faux noise and quiet is much, much better for an everyday car for me but a sports car?

Mind you I already avoid any "sports car" with driver aids and semi auto geatbox so most of todays sports cars have been unlike what I enjoyed for my first 30 years of fun driving.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I think it's challenging to go fast with a heavy EV sportscar (like the modern 911 is a featherweight...).
But knowing Porsche, it'll be a fun car to drive but like many, I do like an engine sound but that's just a generation thing, I assume younger generations don't know any better in a few years than just hearing the tires squeeking in corners...
But then again, driving sporty isn't car-related, it's driving style and can be done with any car.
Just know your limitations instead of your performance.

mjw930

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT, ‘21 Ridgeline (modded)
Country flag
The taxes / running costs on 4L 6/8cyl cars will go crazy. These no longer will be the toys that you can keep around for 200€/month. I think the market will be flooded (t.b.h. It’s already flooded with 991/718‘s from the last 15years)
A lot of that depends where you live. Here in the US, outside of the California, tax and “running costs” aren’t going to change significantly for the next decade or more. I feel sorry for those who have to suffer the idiotic mandates the UK and EU are dictating. Hopefully sanity will prevail but having worked in the International arena for the last 30 years I’m not holding my breath.

OP
OP

mcr21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Latest “spy” shots with limited camouflage look good. Looking forward to more news flow on the release date!
Sponsored