A New Generation Of EV Mechanics?

MPawelek

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1919 Ford Model T, 1931 Ford Model A, 1957 Nash Metropolitan, 2017 Mercedes SL, 2018 Ford F250
Country flag
  • Banned
I wonder how Porsche will train mechanics on the battery systems/ electric motors/ computers on the Taycan? Do they send them to Germany or have roaming instructors give classes in different countries? Seems to me this will be some totally different training than the older “wrench” type mechanic. If we have initial problems with a new Taycan will our local Porsche dealership be ready to deal with it?
Sponsored

PAG_J1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No information
Country flag
I wonder how Porsche will train mechanics on the battery systems/ electric motors/ computers on the Taycan? Do they send them to Germany or have roaming instructors give classes in different countries? Seems to me this will be some totally different training than the older “wrench” type mechanic. If we have initial problems with a new Taycan will our local Porsche dealership be ready to deal with it?
Every dealership has the order to get Taycan and BEV specific Trainings and instructions (for EU Dealerships was the Training in Spain, Mallorca). So therefore you won't have any Problems giving your car to your local dealership for Service.

Haros

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You bet
Country flag
I have also heard they are doing VR training.
I would not be surprised to hear that would help assist a technician for the Taycan as well.

gwestr

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
There’s nothing to do. You remove the subframe and replace the motor if it fails. It takes like 1 hour. After that, it’s just typical brakes and suspension and wheels aftermarket work.
Sponsored