Active Park Assist

Mwa3aan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Raptor, Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Does anyone have a 2021 Taycan with Active Park Assist where the car can park itself?
I saw a video where you can be outside the car and it parks itself. How well does this work?

I also saw another active assistance system where the car will help you avoid hitting sidewalks as example. Does anyone have a car with this feature?
Sponsored

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
I have it, I have never used it and I have had other vehicles with similar features and not one has ever worked well for me, I am able to park the car faster than any auto park feature could

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Agreed, Waste of money. 360 pano is enough especially with the useful bug that allows us to see the 3D image of the car if needed.

I liken active parking to using the Porsche App to unlock / lock the car - it is a faff and near to pointless for every day use.

dbot16

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have it, I have never used it and I have had other vehicles with similar features and not one has ever worked well for me, I am able to park the car faster than any auto park feature could
Oh interesting. Was this a feature you had to add when you built the car, or is it an add-on/subscription option? I wanted to add it to my '21 Taycan (when I ordered in Nov '20), but I could not find the option.

I also have it on my BMW but have never successfully been able to use it. I had used it on my Tesla (years ago). I do miss having the option.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
The 3D option is not an FoD (Function on Demand) option as it requires hardware to be in place (additional sensors etc).

There is a hack (if you search this forum) for enabling the 3D display on cars with 360 Surround. It uses virtual cameras (which you can’t see on the screen) to enable side views and an option to spin the car around and look around. The image / wheels even move when you move the car.

So in essence there are 4 parking options - base level, reversing camera, 360 surround (with hidden hack for 3D image) and finally, 3D with Park Assist. You have to have 360 before you can add 3D and becomes ridiculously overpriced as a result for what it is. Manual parking is infinitely quicker with 360 surround.

Better spending the money on rear axle steering (RAS) which helps with parking manoeuvres in addition to increased handling / stability.

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S - 2020
Country flag
The 3D option is not an FoD (Function on Demand) option as it requires hardware to be in place (additional sensors etc).

There is a hack (if you search this forum) for enabling the 3D display on cars with 360 Surround. It uses virtual cameras (which you can’t see on the screen) to enable side views and an option to spin the car around and look around. The image / wheels even move when you move the car.

So in essence there are 4 parking options - base level, reversing camera, 360 surround (with hidden hack for 3D image) and finally, 3D with Park Assist. You have to have 360 before you can add 3D and becomes ridiculously overpriced as a result for what it is. Manual parking is infinitely quicker with 360 surround.

Better spending the money on rear axle steering (RAS) which helps with parking manoeuvres in addition to increased handling / stability.
I tried to get rid of park assist but seems to make my price go up:/

SteveDC

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 308QV
Country flag
I tried to get rid of park assist but seems to make my price go up:/
I have the feature and haven’t used it yet. My original thought in specing the feature was to aid me in getting into tight spots without damage, especially given the width of the car. Now I am of the view that I never want to park in tight spaces: what will adjacent drivers do when they swing doors open and then pull out of a tight space? Too much opportunity for missed or careless judgments.

Artman

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I have the feature and haven’t used it yet. My original thought in specing the feature was to aid me in getting into tight spots without damage, especially given the width of the car. Now I am of the view that I never want to park in tight spaces: what will adjacent drivers do when they swing doors open and then pull out of a tight space? Too much opportunity for missed or careless judgments.
The reason I'm ordering is for the times I "head in" park. Even if there is plenty of room left and right, there is a feature that protects you while backing out from that idiot speeding through the parking lot. I've never made contact but have had a close call or two.

SteveDC

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 308QV
Country flag
The reason I'm ordering is for the times I "head in" park. Even if there is plenty of room left and right, there is a feature that protects you while backing out from that idiot speeding through the parking lot. I've never made contact but have had a close call or two.
Interesting. Well, I will try it next time the chance arises.
Sponsored