Dan1210

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo.
Country flag
They had one like this at Porsche Exeter, might be worth giving them a call to see if they still have it.

Porsche Taycan Allocation and Slots!? 8C37AB67-47BB-4989-9162-37DEBA9438F4
Sponsored

Last edited:

NJ-Taycan

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
A slot is a slot, is a slot. What you want from your dealer s a commission number and a V200 status from the Porsche Sales & Vehicle Management System. This is the positive indicator that you actually will be getting a car. Build slots are just that, slots, and dealers tend to toss these words around while collecting deposit money. When giving a deposit, please confirm that you have a commission and V200 status. You may also hear the term V70 status, this is what is called an order demand, whereas the dealer informs Porsche they have a ready customer, but this does not guarantee a build allocation.

Once the above is confirmed, the dealer can then load your build spec on top of the official allocation. You then will have up to the point of what is called the freeze date to make any changes. Once the car locks or hits the freeze date, the build is etched in stone. Along the way, your dealer can provide you with screen shots and updates from the PSVMS system which illustrates the entire journey of the car, from projected date to enter and exit the body shop, completion, entry and exit of port and also shipping and delivery to the dealer.

Hope this helps.

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
When the dealer assigns an allocation to you you will receive an automated email saying "Thank you for your order......" The dealer can then supply you with a screenshot showing all the projected dates.

I ordered my 4S CT on the 9th June 22 and received the email on 2nd July 22. My SA called later that day to say build is scheduled to start on 1st November with delivery to Porsche Reading (PRG) on 28th.... all projected dates of course.

OP
OP
DavidS78

DavidS78

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
I've a Turbo S on order from Porsche Centre Dublin.

Dates:

March 2022:
Deposit and order interest recorded
June 2022: Commission number and allocation secured (V200)
Sept 2022: Build locks
Nov 2022 (est.): Build/manufacture
Dec 2022 (est.): Delivery to dealership
Thank you

This is super helpful.

With my deposit going down in wk 1 of July it’s early for me. I’m told to expect a slot in Oct/Nov for delivery in Jan ‘23 which was my original goal.
While I have no reason to doubt this estimate now, some of the stories from folks in the UK always peek my interest!

OP
OP
DavidS78

DavidS78

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
A slot is a slot, is a slot. What you want from your dealer s a commission number and a V200 status from the Porsche Sales & Vehicle Management System. This is the positive indicator that you actually will be getting a car. Build slots are just that, slots, and dealers tend to toss these words around while collecting deposit money. When giving a deposit, please confirm that you have a commission and V200 status. You may also hear the term V70 status, this is what is called an order demand, whereas the dealer informs Porsche they have a ready customer, but this does not guarantee a build allocation.

Once the above is confirmed, the dealer can then load your build spec on top of the official allocation. You then will have up to the point of what is called the freeze date to make any changes. Once the car locks or hits the freeze date, the build is etched in stone. Along the way, your dealer can provide you with screen shots and updates from the PSVMS system which illustrates the entire journey of the car, from projected date to enter and exit the body shop, completion, entry and exit of port and also shipping and delivery to the dealer.

Hope this helps.
Thank you
This is very insightful.

Parlorman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I put my deposit down in May. The dealer had a build slot for a CT 4S in July that they let me have. Porsche just assigned a VIN number which my dealer said was right in line for a July build date.

I went with the standard interior. There were other things more important to me than leather that won‘t be touching me. Also, my CT will my daily driver here in New England and used for ski trips, kayaking and to carry my gear to music gigs.

TxnBluDvl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I would figure out how to get a bit more in my budget to spring for the full leather interior. Of the options you’ve selected, I’d consider eliminating the puddle lights, ambient lighting, crests in the headrests and colored wheel crests. I have all four of these but don’t really notice or appreciate them post-purchase.

In some ways, I would forego the wheels to have the full leather interior. You can’t add the leather interior later but it’s trivial to swap wheels (and maybe even pick up a used set later on).
Sponsored