RBGtaycan

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia EV6; Taycan RWD....Past: 356, Cayman S
Country flag
Because of this forum I was aware of the AMB5 recall and a week ago setup an appointment for Sept 2 (wanted a loaner!). I felt no urgency since the car has been running great for a couple of months and has about 2500 carefree miles on it. By chance, I get the Recall letter today and file it away since I already have an appointment. Then I take the Taycan out and within 100 feet of my house, on a quiet side street, my baby pops a message and stops dead! Suddenly the recall fix seemed more urgent - so I call the dealer and, after some pleading, get them to take the car today. Not sure how long the fix will take but I feel lucky that the problem did not occur on a busy highway.
Sponsored

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
1-4 hours is the norm. Mine took ~1.5 hours.

smohr33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S -> Taycan CT4
Country flag
Because of this forum I was aware of the AMB5 recall and a week ago setup an appointment for Sept 2 (wanted a loaner!). I felt no urgency since the car has been running great for a couple of months and has about 2500 carefree miles on it. By chance, I get the Recall letter today and file it away since I already have an appointment. Then I take the Taycan out and within 100 feet of my house, on a quiet side street, my baby pops a message and stops dead! Suddenly the recall fix seemed more urgent - so I call the dealer and, after some pleading, get them to take the car today. Not sure how long the fix will take but I feel lucky that the problem did not occur on a busy highway.
Which dealer on LI are you using?

Raek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, E92 M3, Wrangler TJ
Country flag
I've yet to schedule an appointment with my guy at Huntington Porsche for the same reason. I had the issue happen to me back before the recall campaign on the first stretch of a road trip back to LI from Florida...but, I pulled over, restarted the car and it's been fine since :/

smohr33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S -> Taycan CT4
Country flag
I've yet to schedule an appointment with my guy at Huntington Porsche for the same reason. I had the issue happen to me back before the recall campaign on the first stretch of a road trip back to LI from Florida...but, I pulled over, restarted the car and it's been fine since :/
LOL I could write a book about my nightmare experience at Huntington on my previous car. PCNA involvement and all. Never again.

Raek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, E92 M3, Wrangler TJ
Country flag
Crazy. Been using them for the past 6 years without a problem. Win some/lose some, I guess.
Sponsored