astrojeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, VW ID.4, 2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Update: I locked the car overnight and checked it this am,but still no apps. I left the car at home today and when I came home home from the Spotify and A music choices were there! So all is good now. I think my system had to download the data from Porsche to update. When I got into the car it asked to verify my identity and then the apps were there. My dealer told me that the Porsche server had crashed on Friday or Saturday so they were delayed in finishing the update.
Sponsored

OP
OP
4thPcar

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
There was a question earlier, "will we get an updated owner's manual?" I cannot find the original post on that question but I did find a new 350-page owners manual in my mailbox today. But who needs that when I have all you guys?

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
Can someone help me understand, is there an ANA6 update that keeps an older version of the PCM, say Cluster 36, and does not do the upgrade to cluster 37 (colored tiles)? I'm less concerned about the color tiles, but the fact that cluster 37 is likely setup to accept real OTA updates.

Last edited:

Snowbird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 turbo — Taycan turbo S
Country flag
For those of you anticipating this update, here is an update:

I dropped my car at 8AM this morning, was told "we did one of these yesterday and it took all day." No problem, I was expecting to hear that.

At just before noon, SA calls and says "its a 4-step process and the first step did not take." He went on to suggest that I probably won't get the car back today.

They were out of loaners, so here I am without my car. Good thing I also have an electric motorcycle.

Good luck to those of you with this update on the schedule. I'll report back when I have an update on the update.
My taycan (2020) entered Porsche on Monday morning for the big update. On Thursday morning I am informed that Porsche is requesting an update "software" air conditioning compressor. Maybe I'll pick up the car tonight.

stirthepot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
2020 4s here. Got the update, was at the dealership for 1.5 days. All good so far, no issues post update. And the UI feels more responsive.

OP
OP
4thPcar

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So it looked like all was "chill" with the update but yesterday driving along my whole PCM went blank for like 30 seconds while driving, then when it recovered it could not figure out how to get me home. It took me an extra 30 minutes of driving in circles to find my way.

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
... it could not figure out how to get me home. It took me an extra 30 minutes of driving in circles to find my way.
Not to be a wise guy, but it took you 30 minutes of driving in circles to find your way home?
Is this a new home or have you been there awhile.
:)

PS I have no comment on the blank screen, but I know it can happen.

OP
OP
4thPcar

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not to be a wise guy, but it took you 30 minutes of driving in circles to find your way home?
Is this a new home or have you been there awhile.
:)

PS I have no comment on the blank screen, but I know it can happen.
@Windpower aka wise guy, methinks there was a sporting event or similar letting out at the time we were trying to get home. Here in Point Loma, CA, there is only one way in and out of the peninsula, and the PCM was routing me around in circles trying to find the interstate. In reality I spent most of that time sitting still in traffic, waiting for the opportunity to inch forward.

More importantly, it happened again today - screen went blank for about 30 seconds, then came back. On the other hand I drove up to Monterey last week (422 miles, an 8-hour drive up the coast), and it did not happen at all.
Sponsored