ANA6 recall uPdate Update

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I assure you I was being very serious! ;) I just meant that the apple UI is very "colorful" and simplistic, which made me jokingly assume that you probably didn't like the color icon change to the Porsche UI either along with all of the others who claim not to like the Skittle vomit rainbow (what's not to like?). I had noticed earlier that many who don't like the colored icons also happened to have grey Taycans (or black, silver, or chalk) while those who did had Green or Blue. So I was just trying test my informal hypothesis. Happy Friday.
I have a white car and I don't like the colored icons.
But what about interior color?
That would make more sense but then again, it doesn't...
Sponsored

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
I have a white car and I don't like the colored icons.
But what about interior color?
That would make more sense but then again, it doesn't...
Porsche Taycan ANA6 recall uPdate Update F5CCC0DC-6781-4266-8B06-9C0E3C78BF70

• Haha
Reactions: Dee
OP
OP
4thPcar

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
I tried the filtering feature for charging stations again today.

Sorting on 250kw+ the system returned many options. So, progress. The options were not listed in order of proximity, which makes NO sense to me. You have to scroll down to find the closest, unless there is a setting that I am missing (if you found that setting, please share!).

I also checked the box "Porsche Charging Service" thinking this would filter for EA stations only, but the station at the top of the list was EVGO. I don't think they are the same.

For me this would be the most valuable improvement (for RWD owners), but it doesn't seem to be an improvement yet.

Please share your own experience with this feature.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
The options were not listed in order of proximity, which makes NO sense to me.
C’mon…you can’t expect a computer to know how to sort a list. /s

Last edited:

Knight Rider

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo, Tesla Model X
Country flag
Update completed yesterday..no issues to report. I like the colored icons much better. My IPad, IPhone, Apple watch and now my Taycan all have colored icons.

JustWatching

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (April '22)
Country flag
Overview of the new features of the software update

Overview:

FunctionDescription
The new features depend on the country and vehicle equipment
Model year 2020-2021Model year 2022
Vehicle electrical system
  • The functionality of the battery management system is optimised to prevent intermittent discharging of 12V batteries
  • Increased stability of 12V vehicle electrical system during long idle periods
Function on Demand
  • A subsequent activation of the comfort opening/closing (KESSY) and the virtual pedal for opening the rear lid is now via Function on Demand
Navigation and infotainment: Porsche Communication Management (PCM)
  • After setting up Spotify, Spotify is available as a separate media source in the PCM
  • Android Auto is available via a cable connection
  • New PCM design (coloured tiles)
  • Voice control with new functions and improvements (intelligibility of voice commands)
  • Adaptation of the layout of the route monitor and the setting for deactivating traffic symbols (e.g. roadworks, one-way streets)(Navigation Plus)
  • Charging stations can be filtered and selected in the search function for their charging power
  • The On Board Driver’s Manual can be used via voice control (“Hey Porsche...”)
  • Improved route overview and operation display
  • Omission of AM radio function in the Porsche Middle East market
View
  • Upgrading of the all-wheel drive display by repositioning it in the central computer (PCM)
  • Revised and optimised display in the instrument cluster
Rear display unit
  • Display in national language for the Ukraine market is now available
Connectivity
  • Longer availability of the VTS alarm
Connectivity
  • Better availability of the colourful and grey services (News, Weather, Online radio, etc.)
Head-up display
  • Revised and optimised display in the head-up display
  • Extension of display content in head-up display
  • Optimised teaching of the head-up display in the workshop case
Assistance systems
  • Higher precision of assistance systems and expansion of market-specific availability
  • Improved parking space detection for intelligent ParkAssist (even small parking spaces available)
  • Higher availability of Lane Change Assist in confusing traffic situations
  • Availability of Porsche Inno Drive in the markets Lithuania and Vatican
  • Optimisation of traffic sign recognition
  • Extension of ParkAssist for the Lithuania market
  • Increased ParkAssist sensor range and better object detection
Diagnostics
  • Increased diagnostic reliability with external access
Vehicle handling
  • Further comfort enhancement of vehicle handling
  • Further optimisation of braking performance
Power train
  • Increase in power train efficiency to increase range through improved all-wheel drive distribution (4WD only)
  • Acoustic optimisation of power train noise from electric machines
Power train
  • Enhanced stability of the power train
Thermal management
  • Range optimisation/increased efficiency due to improved thermal management in the vehicle
Air conditioning
  • Avoidance of failure of the air-conditioning compressor and reduction of the risk of misting on the windscreen
Charging
  • Increased charging stability during AC charging
  • More frequent availability of fast-charging when utilising the charging planner due to preconditioning of the high-voltage battery (not available for model year 2020)
  • Better availability of the plug-and-charge function
  • Selection of more powerful charging pedestal in charge planning
  • Avoidance of very short charging stops in charge planning
  • Adapted energy content of the battery during charging stop (adapted to removal of the quick-charging network)
OTA
  • Enabling online updates for various control units
  • Significantly improved charge planning in navigation

So I read through all the threads I think...

My MY22 build was completed on 3/29 and came with color PCM. Many of the things listed above are already in my build. Maybe all of them, some are not easily confirmed.

One of the threads says

• WNK1 vehicles have Cluster 37 already installed (colored icons) and only need the remaining update to the full VR19.0.1 suite.

I assume that is me. But does anyone know what I don't have that I will have? Or am I really completely up to date?

Oh...and I promise I'll wait until most of you get caught up before getting in line if I do need to take it in.

OP
OP
4thPcar

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
The focus on the color icons seems off the charts. There is so much practical value to the update that has nothing to do with the icons. Just sayin!

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
The focus on the color icons seems off the charts. There is so much practical value to the update that has nothing to do with the icons. Just sayin!
True, but it is fun to choose a camp on something trivial, for a change.

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Oh, and I guess you don’t consider grey a color ;)?
Channeling my inner Jeff Foxworthy,
  • If your car finish is recommended by the Federal Witness Protection Program, it's not a color.
  • If your wife — who thinks of cars as an appliance to be abused, and is obsessed with what other people will think — demands you choose grey, it's not a color.
  • If your car looks like the 95% of cars sold in the US that are dealer specified, it does not have a color.
  • If you would be hard pressed to prove that a photo of your car was not taken in black-and-white, your car does not have a color.

Last edited:

Visceral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991 Turbo S. Spyder and CT4S on the way
Country flag
True, but it is fun to choose a camp on something trivial, for a change.
I'd love to be thinking about the colors of the icons in the car in my driveway. The latest on the car that was stop-saled in February and then again stop-delivered in June is that is now needs a coolant pump replaced to be taken home (and that's not something the dealer has on hand).

The colors are annoying, you say? :D

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
I'd love to be thinking about the colors of the icons in the car in my driveway. The latest on the car that was stop-saled in February and then again stop-delivered in June is that is now needs a coolant pump replaced to be taken home (and that's not something the dealer has on hand).

The colors are annoying, you say? :D
I am turning red (not grey) in light of your frustration…

Chuck J

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Silver Taycan 4S, 2012 991 911 (sold), 1995 993 (Gave to son) 1965 356 (gave to son)
Country flag
Update completed yesterday..no issues to report. I like the colored icons much better. My IPad, IPhone, Apple watch and now my Taycan all have colored icons.
Did you notice any improvement in battery charging or range efficiency as advertised?

Chuck J

Knight Rider

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo, Tesla Model X
Country flag
Did you notice any improvement in battery charging or range efficiency as advertised?

Chuck J
I own a 2022 model so any improvements might be negligible. The level 2 charging rate is unchanged while the range shown after charging has moved up slightly but time will tell if I get any range benefit.

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I still find it absolutely shocking that a software patch can take 2 days.

Can you think of any other consumer device that requires taking it back to update?
Or that takes anywhere near this long?

My Tesla-enthusiast friend finds all this hilarious.

I truly hope the update does allow for OTA updates going forward.
Otherwise the more Taycans they sell, the more they are DDOSing their own service bays.

I am a person who -hates- not having my car, and staying out of the service bay was a big reason I wanted to go EV.

I guess I am a bit crabby this morning as I can't get my daily coffee without a car...but I said before this is hopefully the release that forgives all.
Buy a Hario pour over kit and mueller burr grinder from Amazon for about $150. Teach yourself how to do a pour over from YouTube. Subscribe to awesome coffee club or Philz. Thank me later although when you are out of the house, you will never be able to replicate as good a cup of coffee again :)
Sponsored