neilp1

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S with Mission E Wheels and PCCB breaks
Country flag
how does that android auto for those with the older models that got the update. I can not wait for that feature. (dont give a shit about color icons :)
Sponsored

Chuck J

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Silver Taycan 4S, 2012 991 911 (sold), 1995 993 (Gave to son) 1965 356 (gave to son)
Country flag
I own a 2022 model so any improvements might be negligible. The level 2 charging rate is unchanged while the range shown after charging has moved up slightly but time will tell if I get any range benefit.
But did you upgrade to the 22kw level 2 charger- or do you have that already?

Chuck J

toddbe

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I called to schedule my Taycan for the update, and this is what I received. Is this the new update?

Repair Services:

Recall 1
WNK1

Last edited:

astrojeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, VW ID.4, 2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just got the car back with the ANA6 update. They had it since Friday. Told me
It Took about 8 hours to do. MY 22 Nov build. I don’t see Spotify or Apply music icons anywhere. My account is linked with Spotify on the My Porsche app. I don’t use Apple
Music. How do I use Spotify without using Apple Car Play ?

OP
OP
4thPcar

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
Just got the car back with the ANA6 update. They had it since Friday. Told me
It Took about 8 hours to do. MY 22 Nov build. I don’t see Spotify or Apply music icons anywhere. My account is linked with Spotify on the My Porsche app. I don’t use Apple
Music. How do I use Spotify without using Apple Car Play ?
i think the first thing you need to figure is why you are not seeing Apple CarPlay, because if you had it before you'll want it again, and it provides seamless access to Spotify. My car is similar age to yours and I've had very few issues with this. Sometimes it takes about 30 seconds for the car to recognize the phone and add the CarPlay icon to the dash. Music will start up immediately from Spotify or, worse case, I have to start the song from my phone.

One of the many benefits of CarPlay is it can find appointments in your phone and go direct to navigation, saving you the trouble of having to say "Hey Porsche" which has a high error rate for a host of reasons.

Does the car at least recognize your phone when you start it? That would be step 1. If not, try "Connect New Device"

Last edited:
Reactions: B61

astrojeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
i think the first thing you need to figure is why you are not seeing Apple CarPlay, because if you had it before you'll want it again, and it provides seamless access to Spotify. My car is similar age to yours and I've had very few issues with this. Sometimes it takes about 30 seconds for the car to recognize the phone and add the CarPlay icon to the dash. Music will start up immediately from Spotify or, worse case, I have to start the song from my phone.

One of the many benefits of CarPlay is it can find appointments in your phone and go direct to navigation, saving you the trouble of having to say "Hey Porsche" which has a high error rate for a host of reasons.

Does the car at least recognize your phone when you start it? That would be step 1. If not, try "Connect New Device"
Yes Apple Car play works. I thought the new Spotify access would allow me to use it without the phone in the car. Does the car not connect directly to cell service to receive music without using the iPhone?

OP
OP
4thPcar

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes Apple Car play works. I thought the new Spotify access would allow me to use it without the phone in the car. Does the car not connect directly to cell service to receive music without using the iPhone?
I guess I misunderstood. your issue, will have to hope others chime in. I think Spotify integration is improved for Android users and this was the main Spotify benefit of the update. I would be surprised if it worked without a phone connected. I have premium subscription so how would it even know that if not through the phone? Happy to be proven wrong and in any case, I am quite satisfied with this aspect of the PCM performance. Just don't get me started on other aspects....

astrojeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I guess I misunderstood. your issue, will have to hope others chime in. I think Spotify integration is improved for Android users and this was the main Spotify benefit of the update. I would be surprised if it worked without a phone connected. I have premium subscription so how would it even know that if not through the phone? Happy to be proven wrong and in any case, I am quite satisfied with this aspect of the PCM performance. Just don't get me started on other aspects....
Thanks. I have had no problems with the Apple car play .it has worked flawlessly in my car and I use it for Waze and Spotify. Two other issues: Did they give you a new owners manual as stated in the recall notice? The tech told me it is is the PCM. But I don’t see it. The recall implied that a new manual would be issued.
Also when I picked up the car I thought there were
Also colored icons on the console display. Specifically. The top right was green for
Max AC. Now it is Black and white.

JDNEPA

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
@astrojeff Spotify does show up along with Apple Music as its own apps. Do you have 5 icons on the right with the colored tags or no? I'll send a photo of where Spotify shows on mine - 2021 (got the ANA6 already).....

Okay - edit. You go into MUSIC, then hit the 3 dots. Should have it listed in the music sources.

Porsche Taycan ANA6 recall uPdate Update tempImageWd1DKW

Last edited:
Reactions: B61
OP
OP
4thPcar

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have the same on mine and clicked on Spotify which prompted a registration process that led to an error. Since I already access Spotify through CarPlay it’s not a problem for me to solve.

astrojeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@astrojeff Spotify does show up along with Apple Music as its own apps. Do you have 5 icons on the right with the colored tags or no? I'll send a photo of where Spotify shows on mine - 2021 (got the ANA6 already).....

Okay - edit. You go into MUSIC, then hit the 3 dots. Should have it listed in the music sources.

tempImageWd1DKW.png
I don’t have Apple Music or Spotify on my music list;although they both are linked
Porsche Taycan ANA6 recall uPdate Update F6C05008-F460-479B-9ADF-A8FBC502E3BA
Porsche Taycan ANA6 recall uPdate Update C20350F9-DA7A-4025-AF10-FE02639E1582
Porsche Taycan ANA6 recall uPdate Update B0BBF932-0E0A-4899-BF1D-6A67118966E8
Porsche Taycan ANA6 recall uPdate Update 874A72AB-410F-47D2-A36A-F923FA39FDA8
Porsche Taycan ANA6 recall uPdate Update 43DB6566-A20B-4334-BC12-1B0916780A89
in my Porsche acct.

JDNEPA

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@astrojeff - This is a dumb question but when you go to your music, then hit the 3 dots and get the music sources, can you scroll down? There were more than just show up initially and it doesn't really seem obvious that if you scroll down on that list there are more like podcast, Apple Music, Spotify, and a host of others.... Gut check that but seems like you have the updated version. I think once I missed with it and realized, I was able to adjust which order they show up in from there too and can move things up. I only noticed this as I was trying to get my Sirius radio and it wasn't showing initially either but it was just scrolled down and out of view.

JDNEPA

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Here's what I have when I scroll thru....

Porsche Taycan ANA6 recall uPdate Update tempImage2Ir6QE

Porsche Taycan ANA6 recall uPdate Update tempImageVU7FPP

Porsche Taycan ANA6 recall uPdate Update tempImageSb6UYR

astrojeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Here's what I have when I scroll thru....

tempImage2Ir6QE.png

tempImageVU7FPP.png

tempImageSb6UYR.png
No. I don’t have anymore. No scroll bar. Just the five choices. Will have to check with the dealer
Tomorrow. Thanks

JDNEPA

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
sorry man. I'll try to check my version tomorrow morning before I had to work.
Sponsored