Android Auto No Longer Working

iten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
I have a 2020 4S with the uPdate.

Android Auto has been working fine since the day it was added to the PCM after the uPdate.

However, since last week, I have not been able to connect my phone to the PCM via USB.

1) When I connect my phone to the USB cable, the PCM will load for a few seconds

2) Then it will ask me if I wanted to add the previously registered phone as a new phone.

3) If I press yes, it will ask me to stop the car and continue the set up on my phone, but there is nothing to set up on my phone.

4) However, my phone's USB preference setting will prompt me to choose whether I want to let the connected device to control my phone. I choose yes, but it will bounce out and ask me the same question again.

I do not have Porsche Connect, so it couldn't be anything related to OTA updates.
I have tried to connect with a second phone (same brand), and the same thing is happening.
I have upgraded my phone from Android 11 to Android 12 after it stopped working , still no luck
I have updated my Android Auto App to the latest version
I have tried a brand new cable.
I have restarted my PCM...

Any suggestion is appreciated.
Sponsored

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S [MY2022]
Country flag
I would test the following:
- Delete your phone from PCM
- Delete the bluetooth connection to the taycan from your phone (decoupling)
- Restart PCM (2-finger reset)
- Restart your phone
- Try to establish a new connection from your phone to the PCM

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I have a 2020 4S with the uPdate.

Android Auto has been working fine since the day it was added to the PCM after the uPdate.

However, since last week, I have not been able to connect my phone to the PCM via USB.

1) When I connect my phone to the USB cable, the PCM will load for a few seconds

2) Then it will ask me if I wanted to add the previously registered phone as a new phone.

3) If I press yes, it will ask me to stop the car and continue the set up on my phone, but there is nothing to set up on my phone.

4) However, my phone's USB preference setting will prompt me to choose whether I want to let the connected device to control my phone. I choose yes, but it will bounce out and ask me the same question again.

I do not have Porsche Connect, so it couldn't be anything related to OTA updates.
I have tried to connect with a second phone (same brand), and the same thing is happening.
I have upgraded my phone from Android 11 to Android 12 after it stopped working , still no luck
I have updated my Android Auto App to the latest version
I have tried a brand new cable.
I have restarted my PCM...

Any suggestion is appreciated.
Can you explain what you mean by "I don't have Porsche Connect '?

As per other post delete your phone from PCM and vice versa to essentially start over.

Have you tried connecting wirelessly?

ccyr15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s (upcoming), RX450H, Ram 1500
Country flag
I am also having odd behavior the last few weeks. Originally, my phone would connect wirelessly to Android Auto as soon as I got in the car and powered it on. No it won't connect on it's own and only reliably connects via wired, which takes a minute or two to form the connection.

I haven't spent any time debugging, but plan to clear caches and delete/reinstall things to see if it affects anything.

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
I am also having odd behavior the last few weeks. Originally, my phone would connect wirelessly to Android Auto as soon as I got in the car and powered it on. No it won't connect on it's own and only reliably connects via wired, which takes a minute or two to form the connection.

I haven't spent any time debugging, but plan to clear caches and delete/reinstall things to see if it affects anything.
Two finger salute for the pcm.
Sponsored