Annoying triple beep…

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
A few times when our driving in a ‘sporty’ fashion (eg heavy braking into roundabouts, fast cornering etc) I’ve had a triple beep from the dash.

I’m not talking about reckless stuff, just the sort of sporty driving that the Taycan is designed for.

Which system is causing this and can I turn it off?
Thanks
Sponsored

oxum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
I have had the same when driving more agressively. I believe it's the collision avoidance warning not working so well. Mostly happens at round-abouts for me.

OP
OP
Sidicks

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have had the same when driving more agressively. I believe it's the collision avoidance warning not working so well. Mostly happens at round-abouts for me.
If it’s the same collision avoidance system that applies emergency braking when it thinks you might crash into an obstacle when parking, then I’ll probably keep it on and live with the warning beep - it’s saved me at least once when I’ve been manouvring and been focusing on not hitting the wing mirrors only to miss a different obstacle behind the car!

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
A few times when our driving in a ‘sporty’ fashion (eg heavy braking into roundabouts, fast cornering etc) I’ve had a triple beep from the dash.

I’m not talking about reckless stuff, just the sort of sporty driving that the Taycan is designed for.

Which system is causing this and can I turn it off?
Thanks
It's the system that asks you to keep your hands on the steering wheel.

OP
OP
Sidicks

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It's the system that asks you to keep your hands on the steering wheel.
I don’t think it is. I’m definitely holding the wheel (and turning it!) when I’m entering a roundabout / cornering etc!!

There are other systems (that I’ve turned off) where I get a warning about hands on the wheel.

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I don’t think it is. I’m definitely holding the wheel (and turning it!) when I’m entering a roundabout / cornering etc!!

There are other systems (that I’ve turned off) where I get a warning about hands on the wheel.
... my attempt at sarcasm didn't work 🙄...

bn8959

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I experienced that several times on my short test drives! I changed the collision avoidance alerts to ‘Late’ and it seemed to stop it.
Waiting for my own Taycan before I can test more though!

OP
OP
Sidicks

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You can also press the PSM ‘button’ on the dash to switch it to PSM sport or hold it to turn off. This will disable collision warning and allow more tire slip for ‘sporty’ driving ;).
I‘m normally in Sports Plus on the Sports Chrono anyway, but maybe I can include the PSM Sport setting in my individual profile?