Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Strange that the Porsche Assistance is national and not European. I presumed it would be like BMW. I once had a problem. Just pushed the button in the car and it contacted BMW assistance. They could see my location and solved things.
That is probably what I missed out on. I tried to use the app and since I was back in our room then it only brought up the French number.

I searched for the Swedish number and spoke with a very helpful guy there. He informed he could not get any details on my car since it has French plates?

Hopefully the workshop will have access to the details from my VIN.
Sponsored

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
That is probably what I missed out on. I tried to use the app and since I was back in our room then it only brought up the French number.

I searched for the Swedish number and spoke with a very helpful guy there. He informed he could not get any details on my car since it has French plates?

Hopefully the workshop will have access to the details from my VIN.
I just checked and the number in my app is an international Belgian number. I used the Belgian one once when my heater broke.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Sorry @Scandinavian to hear this. It's especially acute being on our own trip ourselves at the moment.

When we broke down in the UK – last of the many 22 kW charger issues – we also had to co-ordinate recovery from Ireland – which was outsourced to AXA Insurance.

In our case they were great – organising a tow truck to bring the car to a large Porsche Centre around 150 km away. They paid for additional night at the hotel we were staying in (which wasn't cheap) and flights to get us home. Now granted UK to Ireland is much simpler than Sweden to France – but not by that much!

My Porsche Centre in Dublin then organised to get the repaired car brought back to Ireland a few weeks later.

Seem like Porsche Assistance service levels might be very country dependent. Do you know who they are outsourced to in France? Be surprised if it wasn't AXA too – considering they are a French company.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Scandinavian

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sorry @Scandinavian to hear this. It's especially acute being on our own trip ourselves at the moment.

When we broke down in the UK – last of the many 22 kW charger issues – we also had to co-ordinate recovery from Ireland – which was outsourced to AXS Insurance.

In our case they were great – organising a tow truck to bring the car to a large Porsche Centre around 150 km away. They paid for additional night at the hotel we were staying in (which wasn't cheap) and flights to get us home. Now granted UK to Ireland is much simpler than Sweden to France – but not by that much!

My Porsche Centre in Dublin then organised to get the repaired car brought back to Ireland a few weeks later.

Seem like Porsche Assistance service levels might be very country dependent. Do you know who they are outsourced to in France? Be surprised if it wasn't AXA too – considering they are a French company.
No I have not tried to see who Porsche have outsourced their service to. Could well be AXA since they are a huge company.

Most disappointed that my first call and case had been dropped completely. A very nice lady then in the afternoon reinstated the case and gave me the case number over the phone. Had I not noted that I would not have known. The Swedish organisation, which was Co-ordinated from Norway, had a completely different case number?

Unfortunately the two first hotels we had planned to use, could not be cancelled. And I had planned and chosen them because they were in a nice spot and had good ratings. Will see if Porsche will reimburse those. NO offer so far to cover anything like extra costs here in Sweden now either.

I hope they will diagnose fault today and then present an action plan.

OP
OP
Scandinavian

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just checked and the number in my app is an international Belgian number. I used the Belgian one once when my heater broke.
Yes that is exactly the same as I had. My SA in France gave me another international number, which was from Switzerland!! I did not try that though.

DJP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Porsche Assistance in France is with the AA.
I had a very frustrating experience with them a couple of weeks back addressing a flat tyre on 21 inch wheels. Took 6 days to resolve whilst they suggested I remain in a local hotel.
Over hours of calls it became clear they had no idea what terms of the assistance policy were and what that required them to do and were quite content to argue about it.
What I did find helpful was to contact Porsche GB (not Porsche assistance) directly and tell them about my experience - that got things moving and when Porsche Assistance refused to refund the 300euro trailer fee I’d had to pay to Porsche Reims they reimbursed me directly.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
To @Scandinavian
Sounds like it's been a real nightmare so far.

I am sure I speak for all of us here when I say I hope things start to improve from this point on.
Hopefully the worst bit is over now.

Best of luck with it - and if it helps in any way, just know that some bloke you don't know in a foreign country - and only knows you from an internet forum - feels your pain and wishes you well.

Keep smiling. Sometimes life throws these hurdles to all of us.
It's just your turn.
Try and roll with it. 👍

OP
OP
Scandinavian

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks, we are all in good spirits here and not in any hardship at all. Some delays but we have the time.
I was just reminded about some crazy rumours about Taycans not liking to be recharge with less the 7.x kW power. And I have during the last 6 weeks used the free charging in the underground garage quite a lot. That only provides a max of 3.2 kW??
If I remember correctly the issues were overheating of some cells, disconnect of certain cells/modules with result of loosing capacity.
I need to search this forum for these points later today?

But again that was scaremongering I felt at that time, but is there some issues there??

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Thanks, we are all in good spirits here and not in any hardship at all. Some delays but we have the time.
I was just reminded about some crazy rumours about Taycans not liking to be recharge with less the 7.x kW power. And I have during the last 6 weeks used the free charging in the underground garage quite a lot. That only provides a max of 3.2 kW??
If I remember correctly the issues were overheating of some cells, disconnect of certain cells/modules with result of loosing capacity.
I need to search this forum for these points later today?

But again that was scaremongering I felt at that time, but is there some issues there??
I hope this is incorrect. I have been charging at home with my Wallbox set at 5-6 Kw since I got the car last year. It is connected 3x400 V and can deliver 22kw. But we are billed for the peaks we generate in Belgium so I use the lowest power setting. Currently it is set to eco pro mode and the power is continuously changing with the generated solar energy from 3,7 to 10 Kw.

OP
OP
Scandinavian

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I will ask the SA once they have found my fault and issue. I have not found anything in any manual

OP
OP
Scandinavian

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Preliminary update.
Porsche Handen have concluded their tests etc, and found that there is a problem with the control unit for charging the main battery. They could not say anything about the health of the cells or the complete battery now, but would ask the technician If he had any data. The Service Advisors at Porsche Handen have been first class. Knowledgable and helpful

Now they were waiting for approval of the repair from Porsche mothership and then trying to locate and order the part(s). If they managed to find parts the repair was estimated at at least one week. The whole battery will have to come out since the control unit sit on top of the battery?

Finally after more than a dozen calls to Porsche Assistance France I have managed to get them to look for flights back home. That was a nightmare to get any attention from them. No call backs, no information, just one way conversations. That had been an absolute disaster and feedback will be given once we have got the car back. Guess the car will be transported down after the repair.

It has been like pulling teeth, but once we have our tickets confirmed we will be fine.

Will provide further update if/when available.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Preliminary update.
Porsche Handen have concluded their tests etc, and found that there is a problem with the control unit for charging the main battery. They could not say anything about the health of the cells or the complete battery now, but would ask the technician If he had any data. The Service Advisors at Porsche Handen have been first class. Knowledgable and helpful

Now they were waiting for approval of the repair from Porsche mothership and then trying to locate and order the part(s). If they managed to find parts the repair was estimated at at least one week. The whole battery will have to come out since the control unit sit on top of the battery?

Finally after more than a dozen calls to Porsche Assistance France I have managed to get them to look for flights back home. That was a nightmare to get any attention from them. No call backs, no information, just one way conversations. That had been an absolute disaster and feedback will be given once we have got the car back. Guess the car will be transported down after the repair.

It has been like pulling teeth, but once we have our tickets confirmed we will be fine.

Will provide further update if/when available.
Wow - so potentially not a full on HV Battery fail but the control unit - interesting! Will def be interesting to see what they discover as to SoH and that dicey cell module.

And TBH I had not really thought much about this but are you saying Porsche will cover for your travel home as a result of the car unit failure under warranty (vs say your insurance company etc.)?

Have to say I actually have no idea if Porsche themselves get involved with that aspect in the US - my assumption was I'd have to have my insurance co. involved for any travel upset - so now I need to find out! :)

OP
OP
Scandinavian

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wow - so potentially not a full on HV Battery fail but the control unit - interesting! Will def be interesting to see what they discover as to SoH and that dicey cell module.

And TBH I had not really thought much about this but are you saying Porsche will cover for your travel home as a result of the car unit failure under warranty (vs say your insurance company etc.)?

Have to say I actually have no idea if Porsche themselves get involved with that aspect in the US - my assumption was I'd have to have my insurance co. involved for any travel upset - so now I need to find out! :)
Let us see what will be uncovered later if anything?? But good that this will be covered by my extension of the warranty. The Porsche warranty is only two years in France so we’ll worth the fee I paid with that job.

And yes, as part of the enter warranty there is the Porsche Assistance that covers you for break downs, towing hotels etc. And also repatriation of us by flights home as well as the car being transported to France. 😁😁

Being one of the first delivered Taycans in France it was a no brainier to sign up for the extended warranty.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Let us see what will be uncovered later if anything?? But good that this will be covered by my extension of the warranty. The Porsche warranty is only two years in France so we’ll worth the fee I paid with that job.

And yes, as part of the enter warranty there is the Porsche Assistance that covers you for break downs, towing hotels etc. And also repatriation of us by flights home as well as the car being transported to France. 😁😁

Being one of the first delivered Taycans in France it was a no brainier to sign up for the extended warranty.
100% - I too (for the first time with any car I've owned) got a great deal on an 8 yr extended platinum warranty (fits my plans for the car) and very pleased I have it.

Thats great re the travel cost coverage and car recovery - but will they bump you to business :)!

OP
OP
Scandinavian

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thats great re the travel cost coverage and car recovery - but will they bump you to business :)!
Yes they did and also taxis at both ends
Sponsored