Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Thanks for clarifying. I would be curious what the split was between extended and standard warranty cost coverage for this breakdown.
I have no information about it. The main issue here though is, that I understood it, that the Control unit on top of the battery, can only be accessed by lowering the battery. The work to open up the battery, revealing it and pressure testing it would not be needed. If I understood the info correctly it takes about 8 hours to drop the battery??? And about the same to install it? But there I am not on detailed ground . (just memory picture from a screen)

@Tooney sent me a picture of what we believe is the Control unit.
Porsche Taycan Another MY 2020 Turbo bites the dust IMG_1764
Sponsored

andb

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
But the car is amazing and surprised at the battery stats.

SOH 99%+
Range 420 km.
And all cells are equal balanced!!
Impressive battery stats, basically that means the 'old' cells have very little degradation but that's unlikely.

Gru

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo - 20"
Country flag
🧐 I would be curious to see what SOH you get in a few thousand(s) km.
It doesn’t make much sense that 2 new (out of 33) modules bring the whole battery back to its brand new value

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
SOH might be based on some cumulative numbers in the BMS which got reset during battery repair.

PorscheCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo CT
Country flag
Final update about the breakdown, repor and transport.
I got a phone call from my Service Advisor yesterday afternoon with good news! The car had been delivered to my Porsche Centre and they had check it up. He said it looked amazing and very clean.
Good to know it got sorted. But your Porsche advisor tells you it looks amazing and clean and yet...it has many (superficial) scratches? Will someone cover for the re-PPF of the front?

OP
OP
Scandinavian

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Good to know it got sorted. But your Porsche advisor tells you it looks amazing and clean and yet...it has many (superficial) scratches? Will someone cover for the re-PPF of the front?
I have made a claim to Porsche Assistance now. It really is AXA and that does not inspire me.

I have got pictures from both Porsche Centres in Stockholm, where first the analysis and then repair was performed. And there is NO damage on the car at that stage at all. So from the service manager of the repair centre it was clearly done in transport. So let’s see

OP
OP
Scandinavian

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
SOH might be based on some cumulative numbers in the BMS which got reset during battery repair.
I think something like that yes!
It will most likely reset itself after driving a few 1000 km’s.

CaliPorsche

First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2020 Cayenne S, 964 Speedster, AMG
I think something like that yes!
It will most likely reset itself after driving a few 1000 km’s.
@Scandinavian - have you checked the SoH since adding a few km - i agree with your comments a strange increase ……..

OP
OP
Scandinavian

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@Scandinavian - have you checked the SoH since adding a few km - i agree with your comments a strange increase ……..
Yes I have checked it a few times. It was extremely high in the beginning at 99% or so. But now after some 7000 km it seems to have settled down.

55 420 km. 99.12%
62 867 km. 89.92%

and it has been fairly stable at that level.
Car has been great in that respect since the repair and worked very well. Got other issues with water ingress, but that is a different issue!

Still love the car and its dynamic driving but all the niggles start to wear me out now.
Sponsored