louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
Best car I've owned. And I had a lot of nice cars "M5, panamera,c63s wagon and so on" I LOVE how the car looks, specially in the mamba Green color I got

20200619_180233.jpg
That looks fantastic with the green wheels!

Which M5 did you own?

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
EVs are just on another level. Between instant torque, AWD, and lots of weight down low keeping it grounded you can just dust anything in real world conditions.

KenU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list
Country flag
Make sure you get the 14-50 plug/cable and the module that goes along with it!!!!

My dealer was sent the 14-30 plug per Porsche training pre COVID, manual says should be 14-50. Dealer was kind enough to get me the 14-50 plug after my pointing out to them but it doesn’t fit the module it came with because it is for a 10-30 plug. Only getting 24a now, not the proper 40a.

Not dealer’s fault as this was/is sent with all Taycans, at this dealership anyway.

My regret is not doing my homework last February prior to ordering my 4S. Love the car, notwithstanding this Porsche USA screw-up.

OP
OP
flickroll

flickroll

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Thanks for all of the comments guys, keep em coming as I think this thread is beneficial to a large audience. Here’s a pic of the ship my car is on, the Siem Confucius. I got the pic from a Halifax NS webcam video that captured the ship’s arrival there this morning. This was the first Atlantic crossing for the ship.

Porsche Taycan Any Regrets with the Taycan? FEC743D5-4473-4465-96E2-BE146B88C99F

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Two weeks ago, it was raining outside and I was pulling out from my residential complex. I saw a Ferrari 488 drive by and the driver looked over as he passed by. He was driving a bit aggressively. I caught up to him at the next red light. The light turned green, the all wheel drive engaged on the Taycan flawlessly in the rain and it was like the Starship Enterprise going into warp drive. The Ferrari was completely dusted. He probably had no idea what happened especially with the lack of noise from my car. As we both entered the Interstate I saw him hanging back until I exited. How could anyone with a Taycan have any regrets when you can overshadow almost anything on the road? It is an awesome piece of engineering. Years ago I owned a Porsche Panamera Turbo. It was one of my favorite cars I have owned. Whenever I did launch control with 3 other people in the car, everyone was left giggling. The Taycan is at a completely new level. It is a very easy car to drive as hard or as laid back as you want.
Would pay to see the look on the his face. Lol

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
Make sure you get the 14-50 plug/cable and the module that goes along with it!!!!

My dealer was sent the 14-30 plug per Porsche training pre COVID, manual says should be 14-50. Dealer was kind enough to get me the 14-50 plug after my pointing out to them but it doesn’t fit the module it came with because it is for a 10-30 plug. Only getting 24a now, not the proper 40a.

Not dealer’s fault as this was/is sent with all Taycans, at this dealership anyway.

My regret is not doing my homework last February prior to ordering my 4S. Love the car, notwithstanding this Porsche USA screw-up.
My suspicion is that the dealer did not realize that the default plug that comes with all the US Taycans is the 14-50 plug. The Sales Associate or the dealership probably thought that they had to make an affirmative choice on the list of power supply cords and chose the 14-30 for Taycans ordered for its dealership. I made a similar mistake when I spec'd my car. I realized my mistake the week after it was locked with no more changes. When I took delivery, I had the parts department order the 14-50 cord (it was under US$120). So I have both the 14-30 and the 14-50 cords. I highly doubt it was a Porsche USA screw up or training. All the Taycans at my dealership including the launch edition demos have the 14-50 supply cords.

KenU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list
Country flag
My suspicion is that the dealer did not realize that the default plug that comes with all the US Taycans is the 14-50 plug. The Sales Associate or the dealership probably thought that they had to make an affirmative choice on the list of power supply cords and chose the 14-30 for Taycans ordered for its dealership. I made a similar mistake when I spec'd my car. I realized my mistake the week after it was locked with no more changes. When I took delivery, I had the parts department order the 14-50 cord (it was under US$120). So I have both the 14-30 and the 14-50 cords. I highly doubt it was a Porsche USA screw up or training. All the Taycans at my dealership including the launch edition demos have the 14-50 supply cords.
Did you also order the module for the 50 plug? It won’t fit in the back of the module that came with 14-30 plug. The 2 plugs are different...

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Did you also order the module for the 50 plug? It won’t fit in the back of the module that came with 14-30 plug. The 2 plugs are different...
Not true. It should not require an additional module. The Taycan plug that fits in Taycan's Mobile Charger Connect looks very similar to the one used on the Panamera e-Hybrid but is not interchangeable. When I ordered my 14-50, the parts department originally received the Panamera plug that would not fit into my Taycan charger. We fixed the problem and found the correct part.

The piece that slides into the top of the charger is exactly the same on my 14-30 and 14-50 power supply cords. There is no adapter or module. It is also the same for the 110v power supply cord that you should have also received in the charger bag. All three slide into the charger without any adapters or modules. Attached is a picture with the 14-50 supply cord installed in the Charger. You can see there is no adapter or module.

Porsche Taycan Any Regrets with the Taycan? Charger

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

KenU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list
Country flag
Wow. Now I’m thinking they ordered the wrong 14-50 plug. Would you mind taking close up photo of the inside part of 14-50 plug? There’s a model code inside. Really appreciate it...

Thanks in advance!

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wow. Now I’m thinking they ordered the wrong 14-50 plug. Would you mind taking close up photo of the inside part of 14-50 plug? There’s a model code inside. Really appreciate it...

Thanks in advance!
Unfortunately, I can't take a picture of the inside of the plug. I am currently 1000 miles away from my car. I will be back around July 13th. I have the invoice from the dealership. The incorrect 14-50 plug (the one for the Panamera e-Hybrid) had a part number of 7PP-971-678-S (list price $286.68). The correct 14-50 plug for the Taycan has a part number of 7PP-971-678-ED (list price $120.21). Very similar part numbers except for the last letter. If I recall, the part numbers for the Taycan plugs (14-30 and the 110v) had similar parts number as the Taycan 14-50 except the ED was E and a different letter.

KenU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list
Country flag
Unfortunately, I can't take a picture of the inside of the plug. I am currently 1000 miles away from my car. I will be back around July 13th. I have the invoice from the dealership. The incorrect 14-50 plug (the one for the Panamera e-Hybrid) had a part number of 7PP-971-678-S (list price $286.68). The correct 14-50 plug for the Taycan has a part number of 7PP-971-678-ED (list price $120.21). Very similar part numbers except for the last letter. If I recall, the part numbers for the Taycan plugs (14-30 and the 110v) had similar parts number as the Taycan 14-50 except the ED was E and a different letter.
Thanks very much for all your help!!! I am also away but will be back in the morning and will double check what part # my 14-50 plug says.

You’ve been a great help! Enjoy wherever you are and be safe!!

KenU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list
Country flag
Good news: Parts Dept gave me the Panamera e-Hybrid plug. Should have the Taycan plug early next week. Thanks again for all your help!!!
Sponsored