First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Just think of it as a giant cell phone.
Back in the day I bought loads of rechargable cells for use in kid's toys and my much used Sony Walkman(s) and was disappointed with their life, both in how quickly they ran down compared to disposables and how few charges I got before the performance notably degraded.
Once I no longer had kid's toys to maintain I went back to disposable batteries and they are fine for me.

My most recent laptops have had longer use between charges than back in the day but haven't had as long battery life as I was used to either, notable deterioration after a couple of years and bonded in so not as easily replaced as the old ones (which didn't need replacing...)
Sponsored

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
On that basis it is definitely what suits your use case, I am definitely considering keeping my convertible 2-seater though logic says I should sell it!
Logic?
Forget about logic... if you have Spider, I'm pretty sure that you love it... so keep it, until you are still able to sit (so low) into it :like:

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Logic?
Forget about logic... if you have Spider, I'm pretty sure that you love it... so keep it, until you are still able to sit (so low) into it :like:
It is a bit low, but probably no more difficult to get in and out of than the Taycan IME.

More recent cars are theoretically faster but take the enjoyment out of driving for me. I want a manual gear lever and 3 pedals and the only driver aid to be ABS.
Cars with more headline power but electronic stability control so an engineer I don't know is driving, not me, will be better and faster but not rewarding at all IMO. Yes for a daily driver but not for a real sports car :)

Reactions: B61

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
It is a bit low, but probably no more difficult to get in and out of than the Taycan IME.
You can lift Taycan CT up to 5cm... and I never believed that every cm is so huuuge :angel:
Spider is amazing, but I'm too lazy for manual gear...

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You can lift Taycan CT up to 5cm... and I never believed that every cm is so huuuge :angel:
Spider is amazing, but I'm too lazy for manual gear...
In an every day car having something convenient which requires no skill is ideal IMO.

For getting satisfaction from driving oneself every bit of stability control, traction control and auto gearshift removes a layer of skill from the driver, which is probably a good idea in general but I am an old fashioned Jim Clark fan :)

OP
OP
Jancha

Jancha

First Name
Janis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Cabrio (ex Taycan 4s+)
Country flag
Taycan is like a Swiss knife - fast, comfortable, cheap to run, winter friendly, exciting. It just seems that the dealers are unable to ramp up their skills to serve cars properly. So, it seems that I will be pushing to get a 911 Cabrio as a summer car and will look for another vehicle for winter/cargo/etc.

The one year with Taycan was truly spectacular and it was great until it was drivable. Clearly the future.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
In an every day car having something convenient which requires no skill is ideal IMO.

For getting satisfaction from driving oneself every bit of stability control, traction control and auto gearshift removes a layer of skill from the driver, which is probably a good idea in general but I am an old fashioned Jim Clark fan :)
I'm driving myself my tractors (Steyr, JohnDeere) in quite challenging areas on my farm... so i prefer "easy driving" when I'm on the road.
BTW: I remember Jim Clark, he was an icon when I was a kid ... but I couldn't recall, who was his largest rival? Jackie Stewart?

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm driving myself my tractors (Steyr, JohnDeere) in quite challenging areas on my farm... so i prefer "easy driving" when I'm on the road.
BTW: I remember Jim Clark, he was an icon when I was a kid ... but I couldn't recall, who was his largest rival? Jackie Stewart?
Jackie was a new F1 when Clark was already a legend.
As I understand it the only driver Clark worried about was Dan Gurney and they had some great races together.

Jim Clark died when I was still at school but I was lucky enough to get to know Dan Gurney once I was in the racing business. A great man who was very humble, unlike plenty of drivers I met who were neither great nor humble!

I helped on the farm before I left home and my brother just retired as a stock farmer, the land round him is only suitable for grazing and he bred pedigree Limosin cattle and had had enough of the 365 day working year.