B777

First Name
BP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911SC,Panamera S,Taycan Turbo
Country flag
You guys are lucky......had the wife's Tay for over a month and still can't get a Porsche I.D. for the car from Atlanta, so I can not set profiles, seats, mirrors, etc. Connect does not recognize any of my Pcars though I have sent them scans of Title, Registration, etc.
I just put the car back into storage because w/out I.D. I can not config my garage charger or use E-America and she's just about dry of the 1st dealer charge.
Connect sucks.
your dealership should have taken care of that for you
Sponsored

Scott Allen

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 911 Carrera S Cabriolet, 2017 Range Rover HSE, 1967 Camaro RS/SS 396
Country flag
I picked up my Turbo last Saturday and have the same issue with the Porsche ID. The dealer says it is a priority to resolve, but nothing so far.
While I could not set charging profiles, I can still use the charger, it just goes to 100% overnight.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
You guys are lucky......had the wife's Tay for over a month and still can't get a Porsche I.D. for the car from Atlanta, so I can not set profiles, seats, mirrors, etc. Connect does not recognize any of my Pcars though I have sent them scans of Title, Registration, etc.
I just put the car back into storage because w/out I.D. I can not config my garage charger or use E-America and she's just about dry of the 1st dealer charge.
Connect sucks.
Sounds a bit mysterious that you can not charge your car with the charger in your garage? My car was a showroom car and was charged there with one of the dealers charger without the car being logged in. And charging profiles worked a treat, no problem.
Only when I collected the car, did we jointly set it all up on the car and connect app. I can understand that you can not charge on EA but at home should work fine. Did not know that seats, mirrors etc was linked to the Porsche ID either.

You might want to try again in the garage or perhaps at any destination or free charger around you? Sounds very strange to me..

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Multiple Porsches and Mercedes AMG
Country flag
Sounds a bit mysterious that you can not charge your car with the charger in your garage? My car was a showroom car and was charged there with one of the dealers charger without the car being logged in. And charging profiles worked a treat, no problem.
Only when I collected the car, did we jointly set it all up on the car and connect app. I can understand that you can not charge on EA but at home should work fine. Did not know that seats, mirrors etc was linked to the Porsche ID either.

You might want to try again in the garage or perhaps at any destination or free charger around you? Sounds very strange to me..
I.D. allows profiles by drivers....for seats, mirrors, etc.
Anyway....plug into newly wired 14-50 and MobChgeConnect display goes through it's set-up wizard and 4th or fifth screen after it finds my WIFI.....there it is....."Enter Porsche I.D."
Do you have one I can use? :)

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I believe your Porsche ID troubles may in fact be your dealer's fault.

I requested on Friday, and received today, my Porsche connect ID linked to my Taycan. .. which I don't even have and haven't paid for. I scanned my driver's license, a copy of my finalized build & status sheet, and the VIN.. four days later it was approved and I have full access.

I believe Porsche requires your dealership to approve/verify it's your car and that's more important than the actual documents you submit.

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Country flag
I believe your Porsche ID troubles may in fact be your dealer's fault.

I requested on Friday, and received today, my Porsche connect ID linked to my Taycan. .. which I don't even have and haven't paid for. I scanned my driver's license, a copy of my finalized build & status sheet, and the VIN.. four days later it was approved and I have full access.

I believe Porsche requires your dealership to approve/verify it's your car and that's more important than the actual documents you submit.
Yep.....I appreciate that Frank.......yet the dealership has has also been wkg on this for a couple weeks.
There is another factor I have not shared......Atlanta PCNA's procedure on this is inflexible, meaning if their system is unable to text me a code to verify, there is virtually no manual work-around. On tech 'work-arounds' I actually own a tech company and in speaking, again, the other day with a non-helpful 'customer support' person at PCNA I pretty well lost it.
I'll cool-off after a few beers this holiday 4th weekend :cool:......address a-new next week.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Set up the mobile charger without wifi? I can't believe that the charger can't be used just as a charger...

KenU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list
Country flag
I picked up my Turbo last Saturday and have the same issue with the Porsche ID. The dealer says it is a priority to resolve, but nothing so far.
While I could not set charging profiles, I can still use the charger, it just goes to 100% overnight.
I was told the same thing by my dealer and decided to call Porsche Connect myself 800-767-7243. The only issue I was told by the very nice agent on the phone was Porsche waiting to switch from AT&T to VZW for the Hotspot - which I could care less about. They assisted me in getting me connected with no issues whatsoever and guided me the whole way through. I think it helps if you've owned/own previous P cars and already have an ID.

KenU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list
Country flag

Yeah, I don't think many dealers are up to snuff on these cars just yet most likely due to the shutdown and either forgetting their prior training or not having enough time to bone up again as Taycans were arriving. I know my dealer got crushed when they reopened with deliveries on pre Covid P cars that all sat during Covid.

Singularity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY 2020 Taycan 4S, MY 2022 Audi Q7 60 TFSIe
Country flag
The car can be used decently without any Porsche ID stuff. Even the charging profiles work without any ID set up. You simply login as the "guest" account when the setup begins. It will popup the setup every time in this case though, until you set up an actual account. This one has to live with until the account can be set up.

The seats and stuff you could program to the memory buttons on the door. They can be programmed both to the account+key & the door memory buttons. With the guest account obviously only the latter is possible.

So in summary even if you because of some strange dealership fuckup don't have the Porsche ID, the car can be used. You'll have to run through the couple of setup screens and choose guest account each time you start the car though, but it'll otherwise work. And program the seats etc to the door buttons.

Don't understand why this would affect the garage charger in any way other than the ability to do remote stuff via Porsche Connect. Regarding public chargers, there are other ways to use them besides the Porsche membership.

Do agree it's a bit of a shitty situation.

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Country flag
OK appreciate that........however there must be other issues as we tried to program the seats/
mirrors/etc to something usable w/any-all of the door memory buttons. Nothing 'took' and all buttons continued to revert to the 'midget position' when coming back to the car.
Will re-address next week when we take another run at Connect from Atlanta. Thanks.

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
Page 180 of the Owner's Manual describes how to set Driver preferences and profiles linked to each key.

Personal settings

Driver detection occurs automatically via the driver's key. A driver's key is always automatically assigned to the active account.
@wemct thank you for trying to help. I did all the things above and nothing works in a predictable fashion. I am the first owner, the only user of the car, with only one key and only one phone. The initial setup for Porsche ID was completed without problems. There is only one set of preferences stored in the memory. Other than at delivery, the second key was never in the car.

Every time I get in the car I am getting a different response. Sometimes the car powers up on its own (recognizes both key and phone), sometime in only starts with the power button. Each of them can be with automatic seat adjustment (this happens 90% of the time) or needing the memory button (10%). The mirror adjustment is a 50/50 proposition, and I cannot find a consistent pattern....
I tried switching the car off with the button before exiting the car or exiting then lock with the key (which switches the car off) - does not seem to make a difference....

Pressing the memory always bring the mirrors to correct position.

In the end it is only a quirk and the pleasure of driving more than compensates.....

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
I find Innodrive to be very disappointing. The primary feature that is missing is being able to set the automatic speed adjustment to a certain amount over the detected speed limit, say 5 or 10 mph over. Without that feature, its barely usable. For example, when I'm doing 75 in a 65, and the speed limit drops to 55, the car will brake pretty hard to to get from 75 to 55. Sure you can turn that automatic speed adjustment feature off (which I did), but then its just another adaptive cruise control.
Wow, I did not realize you cannot set your desired speed with Innodrive. What is the point of that? I don't remember driving anywhere in the world where the main car flux is at or below posted limit. Most of drivers go 5-10 mph over.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
@wemct thank you for trying to help. I did all the things above and nothing works in a predictable fashion. I am the first owner, the only user of the car, with only one key and only one phone. The initial setup for Porsche ID was completed without problems. There is only one set of preferences stored in the memory...
Why not going back to the dealer and let them figure it all out?
Sponsored