Anyone experience their center display wouldn't come on?

Moman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan CT
Country flag
After parking for a market run, return to my Taycan CT4. Notice my center and passenger display are off. Only display PORSCHE on the center and TAYCAN on the passenger display. It did a quick flash notice of something about low power. But was too quick for me to fully read what's happening. My SOC is at 67% and was driving normal. Tried restarting several times but still the same. Anyone with insight on this will be appreciated, thank you.
Sponsored

ShiftyWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2017 Audi Q5 PP
Country flag
It will often reset after about an hour or so, sometimes overnight. You can also try a hard reset of the PCM (search for it, but I believe it's two fingers on the top right of the display). If none of those work, there's a 12V battery disconnect method, but wait and see if the other solutions work before going to that extreme.

eisenb11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I got the Taycan screen once. I walked away and it was working again 5 min later. I got the Porsche screen once (maybe twice). For the Porsche one, I couldn't get it to work, so I drove with it that way. Parked at the destination and when I left 10 min later it was working again.

Recently took my car in to the dealer to get the WPN9 update so I went from software version 3832 (I think) to 3882. It's only been 2 days - hoping that resolved the issue.

MarkR

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT
Country flag
I have had a similar issue previously on two occasions. I got "Porsche" on the centre screen. I decided to drive to my destination too (this does not affect you being able to drive the car, but it does stop you from changing the vehicle settings or using the map). I locked the car amd came back some time later and it was fine. I just look at this as a boot up issue and assume it will resolve itself. Notnideal, but not something that happens much.

Tighlines

First Name
Klint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 panamera turbo, 2023 taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Lock the car for 30min. If that doesn't work, do the hard restart.
Quite common and an easy fix.

OzzieT

First Name
Oz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Hi @Moman. This happens reasonably frequently with my car. Its very frustrating. Stopping the car for a period of time, seems to be the only way to reset it.

Once I left my drivers door ajar overnight and upon starting the car the screen flashed a message saying the screen would switch on when the PCM is charged, but this did not occur while I was driving for over an hour. Is it a charging issue to the PCM?

At other times it has occurred in spaces with poor mobile coverage, such as my garage or an underground car park. Is it a mobile connectivity issue with the PCM?

These are my theories.

Derip88

First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Happened to me once, did all of the restarts that people are mentioning above…nothing happened also all the driving assistance systems were showing failures at the same time.
Took it to the dealership, they said that the car needed a software update, sent it and they returned it a day later, never had that issue again.

OP
OP
Moman

Moman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan CT
Country flag
A big thanks to all your advices. This sounds like a common issue, but is this a glitch or something to be concern. At first I thought my 12V battery was not being charged enough. After I let it sit for a few hours it did go back to normal. Thank you all.

vks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Happened to me yesterday. I did the 2-finger reset. It opened the engineering mode screen where it asked me if I wanted to update the software. I tried it, but don't think it went through. Drove anyways to the restaurant, came back after 30 mins, and the screen was back. Don't know what if anything changed on the software.

NewtoEV

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Base model Taycan
Country flag
I have had a similar issue previously on two occasions. I got "Porsche" on the centre screen. I decided to drive to my destination too (this does not affect you being able to drive the car, but it does stop you from changing the vehicle settings or using the map). I locked the car amd came back some time later and it was fine. I just look at this as a boot up issue and assume it will resolve itself. Notnideal, but not something that happens much.
Same experience. Happened twice when I first got the car(7/23) but not since then. Good luck!

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
I had the same problem a few weeks ago. First time experiencing it, then twice within a week!
Seems like you can’t do anything other than lock the car and return in 20 mins.
Far from ideal when you need to drive to the airport to catch a flight…
Sponsored