Anyone get notified for NHTSA 23V-840 yet?

OP
OP

2P168S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Interesting. How would I know if I was affected? VIN: WP0AC2Y11MSA63464. Seems like it's possible?
Porsche should contact you, likely via email. You can also enter your VIN on the NHTSA website in the recalls section.

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'm puzzled by the traceability that is entirely to new vehicles. Porsche sold replacement HV battery assemblies manufactured in the same date range. How are they absolutely certain that all defective HV battery assemblies were installed in the 205 new vehicles and that none of the defective assemblies went into stock to be issued as replacements to vehicles like mine that needed a new HV battery last year?

Vzx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tacan 4S, 2023 EQS SUV 580
Country flag
My car VIN is listed on the NTHSA website and I even got an email from Porsche today. However, searching my VIN on NTHSA website returns with “0 unrepaired recalls”

I was at dealership today to address other recalls (reprogram ECU, PMCC and APL8 - passenger cabin heater). I asked my service advisor about the latest recall and she even showed my her screen. The APB5 recall was not listed on their software.

not sure of what to make of all this.

Tucson_Jim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan turbo
Country flag
Got an email notice two days ago from FIXD saying I was on the list. NHTSA shows 0 unrepaired recalls. Called and made an appointment at my dealer and got in 11 days from now. They found the Apb5 and said they'd handle it. Looking at the Part 573 Safety Recall Report, I fall in the VIN range and build dates. I've never won the lottery... 205/153,000? :confused: Lucky me.

Onyxta123

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I just got a notice in the mail about this today. Has anyone else who received one made an appointment for the recall? My letter mentions that a remedy isn't available yet and to wait for Porsche to contact me again. I will wait a while and if I don't hear from Porsche again soon, I will reach out to the dealer for the next steps.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
I'm puzzled by the traceability that is entirely to new vehicles. Porsche sold replacement HV battery assemblies manufactured in the same date range. How are they absolutely certain that all defective HV battery assemblies were installed in the 205 new vehicles and that none of the defective assemblies went into stock to be issued as replacements to vehicles like mine that needed a new HV battery last year?
AI?

Yes, AI:
Porsche Taycan Anyone get notified for NHTSA 23V-840 yet? 1707848256512

It is a good question, though; the description of the issue seems to indicate unsafe charging - which, presumably, occurred at the factory and for complete batteries, rather than individual modules. I didn't read that as a defective module, just an issue of procedure. Given the large span of time covered by the recall, and the non-sequential nature of the VIN ranges, they probably determined from the production audit logs of a "charging station" which cars exactly were affected.
Sponsored