Anyone with a confirmed allocation for a GTS ST in the US?

cpd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Teslas and Ferraris
Country flag
Working w 2 dealers, both have the same message, no allocation from PCNA beyond their spec launch car (sedan only).
They were hoping to have alloc in Jan but so far nothing and no ETA from PCNA
Thanks
Sponsored

zzy45

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
No news here (Toronto) either, was told to expect an allocation end of Q1.

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Working w 2 dealers, both have the same message, no allocation from PCNA beyond their spec launch car (sedan only).
They were hoping to have alloc in Jan but so far nothing and no ETA from PCNA
Thanks
Where are you geographically? I think Jan allocations should be coming down in the next week.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Earlier this week one dealer told me they got some GTS commissions (already allocated internally to customers), but no production or delivery dates yet. I'm not familiar with what a commission vs. allocation and their various stages are, but by his own admission, those were in very earliest stages of conception. This was a dealer which usually never bs'ed me before, plus I'm waiting for a Turbo not a GTS so he had no reason to give me any story to lead me on.

Last edited:
OP
OP

cpd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Teslas and Ferraris
Country flag
I am in CT. Commission I believe is V070 status ie order waiting for an allocation which is where I am at.
I am waiting for the fancy photochromic pano roof which starts production in March. Academic anyway as very unlikely to see a March production date, would assume April at the earliest w delivery Jun/July.
Then becomes a question of when MY23 goes live...

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I am in CT. Commission I believe is V070 status ie order waiting for an allocation which is where I am at.
I am waiting for the fancy photochromic pano roof which starts production in March. Academic anyway as very unlikely to see a March production date, would assume April at the earliest w delivery Jun/July.
Then becomes a question of when MY23 goes live...
Well, I've been waiting for a CT Turbo allocation for over half a year now, and according to the very same dealer they have not even gotten any commissions for those yet, so a commission seems is not the earliest stage.

OP
OP

cpd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Teslas and Ferraris
Country flag
Both dealers here told me of similar stories for any CT allocation besides CT4 ie they have barely received any over the past few months, one of them theory was production challenges impacting CT more than sedan due to complexity but not sure this is accurate

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Both dealers here told me of similar stories for any CT allocation besides CT4 ie they have barely received any over the past few months, one of them theory was production challenges impacting CT more than sedan due to complexity but not sure this is accurate
I'm thinking that given that the majority of CT's in the USA so far are CT4, I'm guessing Porsche prioritized those to try to get in before the $7,500 USA federal tax credit was discontinued by Biden's administration. The logic might be that CT4 buyers are more price sensitive and Porsche would lose more CT4 sales than higher trims when the credit disappears. It makes sense, especially that the few non CT4 that the dealers have seen were CT 4S, the next most price sensitive bunch. My hope is that once the rebate goes away, they will finally produce some of the higher margin trims for the USA. Maybe Canada gets swept up in whatever plans Porsche makes for the USA - too small or a market to make distinct production plans (very similar production specs)?

gotzillar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ST GTS coming
Country flag
My dealer also told me they are expecting to have allocations for ST GTS by the end of this month.

OP
OP

cpd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Teslas and Ferraris
Country flag
Interesting theory @whitex, makes a lot of sense, haven't seen any noter CT besides CT4 and CT4S delivered in the US

OP
OP

cpd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Teslas and Ferraris
Country flag
I got a confirmed allocation out of nowhere this weekend. Quite unexpected and super excited now.
Nice! Good for you, just to confirm it is for a Sport Turismo GTS?

Harbor_Dawg

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 90D; 2020 Porsche GT4; Ram 1500
Country flag
Had been working with a couple of different dealers, and it looks like I have a May build date with likely July delivery (for ONLY $7,500 over MSRP). Fine with me, since good things are worth waiting for. And the GTS ST is a very good thing indeed.

OP
OP

cpd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Teslas and Ferraris
Country flag
Sound like you are the first confirmed alloc, congrats

nickmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I've had an allocation since the week the GTS ST was announced (had been waiting on a 4S CT, and got lucky I guess). I think originally for March/April build, but I ended up going for PTS, which pushed things back to May.

Harbor_Dawg

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 90D; 2020 Porsche GT4; Ram 1500
Country flag
Nice! What color?

I've had an allocation since the week the GTS ST was announced (had been waiting on a 4S CT, and got lucky I guess). I think originally for March/April build, but I ended up going for PTS, which pushed things back to May.
Sponsored