kwanyu

First Name
Kwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Audi Q7, M235 conv., Z4
Country flag
2020 4S daily driver. System just warned me to replace key FOB battery today.

Sponsored

taycan4sl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes, replaced my 2020 4S 2 weeks ago. Did find it strange so I don't recall ever changing a FOB before in previous vehicles owned 3 - 4 years.

2020 4S daily driver. System just warned me to replace key FOB battery today.

agaurav

First Name
Gaurav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
I have a Porsche Taycan 2021. They fey fob battery was low after about 6 months. I replaced it with a new battery. Just to make sure I measured the voltage of the old battery and it was 2.9V and the new was 3.3V. However, the dashboard still says that the battery of key fob is low after 2 days of changing the battery.

Is there a way to reset the warning indicator on the dashboard? I know the battery could be bad too but still wondering if there is some memory in the car dashboard perhaps?

Arjan_

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3, Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I have a Porsche Taycan 2021. They fey fob battery was low after about 6 months. I replaced it with a new battery. Just to make sure I measured the voltage of the old battery and it was 2.9V and the new was 3.3V. However, the dashboard still says that the battery of key fob is low after 2 days of changing the battery.

Is there a way to reset the warning indicator on the dashboard? I know the battery could be bad too but still wondering if there is some memory in the car dashboard perhaps?
Mine was replaced in November by the dealer free of charge. Taycan is from July 2020
Sponsored