Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Will get my 2021 on Monday - obviously will attempt to setup wireless carplay. Will let you know if it fails for me as well or if it goes all right and what the setup sequence is.
Cheers. I’m sure it’s simple and I am making it hard work.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Nickj

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Have you tried to unplug the phone, lock the car and wait 30 min or more and try again. You seem to be connected in your photo but it sounds like it is frozen?

I am not sure what you mean by

Once CarPlay is connected Bluetooth Handsfree should no longer be active.

You could also try to restart your iPhone as well to check there is no hang up in it.
will give that a go. Yes, I think you’ve read what I said correctly. So the Bluetooth shouldn’t be connected when car play is?

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
When you press the Device Manager icon (symbol of iPhone with a slash through it), do you get the option to select your iPhone either as CarPlay or iPod mode? Would be interesting if switching to iPod and back to CarPlay mode has any effect.

OP
OP
Nickj

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Well, i think it may have been frozen. Turned phone on and off again as suggested and seems to have got me back going again.

Porsche Taycan Apple car play ? 88F5B9DA-A282-42C9-A678-FABC9361177B

Still getting to grips with it. Can’t really work out search songs on Amazon or Apple yet without going on phone.
Need to have a play with layout. Is this possible?

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Well, i think it may have been frozen. Turned phone on and off again as suggested and seems to have got me back going again.

Still getting to grips with it. Can’t really work out search songs on Amazon or Apple yet without going on phone.
Great to hear you got it going. Maybe you can find some tricks on this websites?

https://www.carplaylife.com/apps/carplay-app-tidal/

https://www.lifewire.com/customize-carplay-4159194

enjoy!

Smithy37

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 991.2 C4 GTS. Taycan Turbo S
Country flag

88F5B9DA-A282-42C9-A678-FABC9361177B.jpg

Sometimes it’s as simple as unlocking your phone. If it was the first time connecting your phone then occasionally it needs to establish the security of the device you’re connecting to. I’ve seen it happen to me in other cars & as soon as you unlock the phone the carplay springs to life.

Carplay isn’t perfect. Like you say you loose the PCM’s ability to handle calls & messages.
I’m also battling it overriding the cars DAB radio (and other media devices) so I’m furiously writing shortcut codes to see if I can conquer that.

However the pro’s far outweigh the cons in my opinion.
I like the ability to have Waze running in the background every time I get in the car. The police & camera location notifications are very welcome indeed!

As for searching. Apple restrict what you can see so Siri is your friend. Long press on the voice command button on your steering wheel will free the Siri genie from its bottle.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Sometimes it’s as simple as unlocking your phone. If it was the first time connecting your phone then occasionally it needs to establish the security of the device you’re connecting to. I’ve seen it happen to me in other cars & as soon as you unlock the phone the carplay springs to life.

Carplay isn’t perfect. Like you say you loose the PCM’s ability to handle calls & messages.
I’m also battling it overriding the cars DAB radio (and other media devices) so I’m furiously writing shortcut codes to see if I can conquer that.

However the pro’s far outweigh the cons in my opinion.
I like the ability to have Waze running in the background every time I get in the car. The police & camera location notifications are very welcome indeed!

As for searching. Apple restrict what you can see so Siri is your friend. Long press on the voice command button on your steering wheel will free the Siri genie from its bottle.
Waze is amazing - warnings of objects in road and police are worth $$$'s, and it will warn you about traffic jams etc. as well. I've got it setup so it always goes to Waze on the central display automatically and that works pretty much flawlessly. Sometimes I do need to unlock my phone, but not sure what causes that, since it rarely happens.
Sponsored