Are ADMs still a thing?

Atipical

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
996 C4S, Taycan GTS
Country flag
Greetings all,

I'd like to take my mind off of the endless delays and sadness that are confounding a lot of us on here (myself included) and talk about something else. For anyone that has recently bought either a CPO Taycan or reserved an allocation: are dealers still charging ADM or has the market softened to MSRP now? Particularly for GTS/turbo models as those seem much more sought after and rarer
Sponsored

ssim

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
718 GT4 RS; Panamera 4S; Cayenne E-Hybrid
Country flag
Yes, ADMs are still a thing. Can you get a MSRP allocation? Sure -- but you'll end-up waiting a very long time.

In SoCal, RWDs are $10-15k...so you can imagine what 4S, GTS, Turbo are. Other markets, you might see $5-15k, dependent on trim.

I have a thread on here where I post cars available at MSRP...some people have gotten lucky (myself included with a CT4), but the best plan of attack right now is to place order demands at sticker (like with my SA) and see who calls.

HowDoYouChargeIt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 CT 4S
Country flag
Adding some data points as I've been on the hunt. I briefly had a CT 4S allocation with an April delivery within reach, ADM was 10k. It was gone before I could think about it. Northeast. Still might be a GTS ST out there for 20k...

I then snagged an incoming dealer spec 2023 CT 4S for msrp off Porsche finder. December delivery. Good enough spec and a short delivery time. Only wish it had rear wheel steering...

rjdoc74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT, Tesla MX P100D
Country flag
I snagged an income CT4 from a dealer in So Cal. They wanted 20k ADM, but I negotiated it down to $5k. They wouldn't go lower. How did you find one at MSRP? Mine is arriving in December as well and I can still cancel if I find a better deal...

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
They are definitely lower. When we ordered my wife's eTRon S, the ADM was $12K. When it arrived, we were able to get them to drop it to $3K and add in AudiCare.

A friend on the West Coast also told me his ADM on the same vehicle was $25k, which is down from $50k about six months ago.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
Greetings all,

I'd like to take my mind off of the endless delays and sadness that are confounding a lot of us on here (myself included) and talk about something else. For anyone that has recently bought either a CPO Taycan or reserved an allocation: are dealers still charging ADM or has the market softened to MSRP now? Particularly for GTS/turbo models as those seem much more sought after and rarer
as long as people pay them they will be a thing - and while it's less now - there are still ADM's - a market is always going to be a market…and as long as demand outstrips supply paying to get to the front of the line - or even in the line - will be a thing.

ssim

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
718 GT4 RS; Panamera 4S; Cayenne E-Hybrid
Country flag
If you PM are about an available Taycan 4S Sedan my SA just texted about…then no, ADMs aren’t a thing :)

But in all seriousness, ADMs are still a thing for Taycan in a lot of markets. If you’re patient, one at sticker can happen, but it’s rare.

HowDoYouChargeIt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 CT 4S
Country flag
How did you find one at MSRP? Mine is arriving in December as well and I can still cancel if I find a better deal...
Got lucky for sure, then I moved quickly. Porsche finder site is a great tool. They seem to have just limited it to 500 mile search radius which is an annoying limitation for those of us on the hunt for the best spec.

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
I'd say that ADMs probably are going to decrease in the coming months though - due to a combination of the economy slowing+fed rate hikes, improvement in supply chain (2022 was a particularly bad year for Taycan production), and Taycans no longer being eligible for the $7,500 tax credit (this alone would offset a $7,500 ADM). For now, the supply is still constrained, so markups will still be there, but I think demand is softening

The used market will be an interesting one to watch - the softening economy and rising rates will put downward pressure, but the supply isn't immediately going to recover with MY2022 being light for supply. Also with new cars having a significant MSRP bump and no tax credit, this might increase demand for used cars.

For example, when I was ordering my Taycan, it made little sense to buy a used one (at least before I knew mine was going to end up delayed 5 months), as the prices were hovering around MSRP, so a new one as long as it wasn't more than $7,500 ADM was actually cheaper because of the tax credit than buying used