Are Taycans being delivered?

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The companies use derivatives for securing their profits. The company that i worked for had need to do that, at the day when agreement was signed we know what exchange rate will be when transaction will be made on agreed date.
I understand currency swaps - I’d just be a little surprised that they did it as compared to say an oil company, but maybe so!
Sponsored

jld1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S23
Country flag
Mine entered production on 15th September, exited production on 22nd and the dealer contacted me this morning to let me know that it is now at the entry port of Emden. He said he was confident it hasn't been impacted by the 12v battery shortage.
I'm almost positive that Porsche is being honest with what their website says - only those unfortunate cars stuck in storage are without the battery, whereas anything now being produced after the summer break will be equipped with them.

Also hopeful thinking on my part since my car also started production on the 15th.

andrew1cohen

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tayvan GTS, June BMW M4 Convert, Audi, Alfa Romeo
Country flag
This is all with reference to US cars.

It seems some folks have more recent GTS builds that are scheduled for delivery in the US this fall. My GTS was ordered in Dec '21, built in June, and is sitting at the factory or port, not scheduled for delivery till December. The delays are irritating enough, though understandable. But getting cars to people who ordered after mine before I get mine is unacceptable. I don't really care what Porsche's issues are -- it would be nice if Porsche did not take its customers totally for granted!

JustWatching

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (April '22)
Country flag
Probably not going to make anyone feel any better...

But look at what happened over the last 2 years:

In mid-2021, cars were shipped without steering columns and without key fobs. Some here still don't have resolution a year later.

There was a batch of '21s that showed up after some '22s were delivered.

Some CTs were stuck at port waiting for something, can't even recall what it was while sedans continued to be delivered.

Some cars were delayed because of stereo choices.

Some were delayed because the pedestrian speaker was not installed.

We also had factory shutdowns in Ukraine (puts things in perspective quickly). Wiring harness shortages

Semiconductor shortages.

Worker strikes at Emden.

Factory fires.

Sunken ships.

And now 12V batteries.

FIFO has not really been a thing. Nothing wrong for everyone trying to predict what order cars will be shipped in, timing, rationale, etc... but look at that list...we all work on different things, apply the scenario Porsche is dealing with....there is probably the proverbial war room somewhere dealing with all these fire drills and who knows how many more none of us are even aware of.

With all that said, I really do hope you get your Taycan's soon...they are a blast

....and if you want the bright side of it....you are not dealing with the alarm that went off every night, not wondering if your PCM was going to be retrofitted, dead 12V batteries, etc..

Finbo

First Name
Finlay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
My 4S was delivered July. Ordered Jan/Feb 2022. In uk. Don't know if that helps
TC 4S ordered Aug ‘21 N.Ireland dealer, car built mid July and zero from then. I’m almost ready to order something else drive for 6-9 months then bye bye

Yoko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ST4S
Country flag
I have an 4SST that was expected mid May 2022. Was pushed forward a number of times and then for delivery end of September! Unfortunately, no news so I guess that time will pass too.

andrew1cohen

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tayvan GTS, June BMW M4 Convert, Audi, Alfa Romeo
Country flag
Interesting update: For the last 3 months, TYD has been saying the car is production complete and ready for transport to Emden, date: 7/11. Beyond that, all it said was on a ship in November and delivery, 12/9. Suddenly, in the last hour, it says "Arrival at Emden Port, 9/22" Complete and on transport, 11/4.

Can anyone read the tea leaves for me? Might I expect my car to get on a ship before November 4 and delivered before 12/9? Nice to see some movement!

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
Interesting update: For the last 3 months, TYD has been saying the car is production complete and ready for transport to Emden, date: 7/11. Beyond that, all it said was on a ship in November and delivery, 12/9. Suddenly, in the last hour, it says "Arrival at Emden Port, 9/22" Complete and on transport, 11/4.

Can anyone read the tea leaves for me? Might I expect my car to get on a ship before November 4 and delivered before 12/9? Nice to see some movement!
Yes, I think it's likely that it might get on this next boat leaving on 9/30 to the west coast. The timing of movement on your TYD feels like not just a coincidence
Sponsored