Are used high milage Taycans worth looking at?

DCYL725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
The buffers are there to protect the battery from significant damage at the high and low points.

I don’t see what difference the degradation of the battery makes to this. If you have a brand new battery, you need the buffers to protect it and if it’s degraded, you need the buffers to prevent the degradation getting worse. If you erased the buffers, you would get an immediate improvement in performance followed by a rapid degradation to where you were before and no doubt well beyond.
I think State of Health (Total capacity) is based on net capacity, not gross.

Correct me if I am wrong.

This might be difficult to prove or know.
Sponsored

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
That would make sense as the same battery, assuming the 93kWh one, is used across the range
Just wanted to correct your sentence: 83kwh is available in battery performance+.

Andy0565

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IPace
Country flag
I think State of Health (Total capacity) is based on net capacity, not gross.

Correct me if I am wrong.

This might be difficult to prove or know.
You might be right. I was just thinking that the upper and lower ‘unusable’ battery capacities are permanent i.e. they won’t be ‘released’ for use as the battery degrades so as to maintain range. I think this was what was being suggested by the contributor I was responding to.

OP
OP

pauls999

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Cabriolet
Country flag
Something that I have noticed is that the majority of the low mileage 4S vehicles are the 79kWh battery. I found a December 2020 4S with just 4500 miles and a decent options list for £76,450 from a Porsche dealer with 2 year Porsche warranty. Seriously considering that as I only cover about 5k miles per year and I have never driven more than 150 miles in my 45 years of driving history without stopping for at least a loo break.
It looks like people who are expecting to do higher miles opt for the 93 kWh battery and those that do low miles go for the 79 kWh one which would make sense.

andb

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I wonder why EV's don't have an option in the OS to see battery health like on iphones?

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
I wonder why EV's don't have an option in the OS to see battery health like on iphones?
I guess when you come to sell, you probably don't want to know.

andb

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I guess when you come to sell, you probably don't want to know.
As EV buyer that's the first thing I must know, battery health is more important than mileage which often is misleading. I bought high mileage cars that were much better maintained than low mileage ones.

ThePaddyWan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Polestar 2, Maverick
Country flag
As EV buyer that's the first thing I must know, battery health is more important than mileage which often is misleading. I bought high mileage cars that were much better maintained than low mileage ones.
I would think so as well. It's a good metric to gauge the general care the car has been given over it's life and also happens to be the part that has a major contributor to quality of life and potential repair cost if replacement is required.
Sponsored