Auto deploy door handles

Tino82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I didn't order comfort access, but will the doors auto deploy when I when i approach the car? The standard taycan spec says the handles auto deploy, but I thought this was part of comfort access?
Sponsored

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
They will deploy when you press unlock on the fob or tap the door handle.

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan, 22 Q5, 95 F150 Flair Side
Country flag
Not to sound like a butt…..but the comfort access is so nice to have!

fgwinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 FBM CT4 (sold), MY23 EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Country flag
Not to sound like a butt…..but the comfort access is so nice to have!
Not always. I have a large 3-bay garage with the Taycan parked in one of the outer bays. No other cars in the garage. I got tired of the door handles cycling through open and closed while I moved around in the garage. After a couple of days I disabled the feature.

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan, 22 Q5, 95 F150 Flair Side
Country flag
Not always. I have a large 3-bay garage with the Taycan parked in one of the outer bays. No other cars in the garage. I got tired of the door handles cycling through open and closed while I moved around in the garage. After a couple of days I disabled the feature.
I get it I have the same set up. My car is in a three car garage and yes it is a pain when I walk around the garage when I have my key on me.

Taycanfamily

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Porsches
Country flag
I don't have comfort access. But yes, the handles will deploy when you get close and have the keys on you. Like others have said, I deactivated this feature.

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
Me too

OP
OP
Tino82

Tino82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I don't have comfort access. But yes, the handles will deploy when you get close and have the keys on you. Like others have said, I deactivated this feature.
Ah, thats great, thanks. It's difficult to find much info on this but i do like this feature. Im not fussed for waving my leg or hand around to open a boot or bonnet (trunk or hood!)

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I like the feature, but it can be annoying when you are walking around the car in your garage doing other things. I just pop mine in a small key fob Faraday pouch that way I have the key fob on me but it doesn't communicate with the car unless I take it out of the pouch.

OP
OP
Tino82

Tino82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I like the feature, but it can be annoying when you are walking around the car in your garage doing other things. I just pop mine in a small key fob Faraday pouch that way I have the key fob on me but it doesn't communicate with the car unless I take it out of the pouch.
Thanks Gary, good idea. Love your car, by the way. GTS?

OP
OP
Tino82

Tino82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I see now - I originally thought your wheels were the all black Spyders. Your Mission E wheels in all black are smart.

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
If you DONT have Comfort Access and the car is LOCKED the door handles will NOT auto deploy.
There is a bit of auto deployment if the car is UNLOCKED.
I noticed this by accident after getting out of my car, the door handles will fold away if you move away from the car without locking it. The car does not lock, just the handles fold in so it doesn't advertise that it is unlocked.
My neighbours Range Rover, if left unlocked, will leave the door handles out, shouting
"Hello, I am open!" for ever.
If you then return to the car while it remains unlocked the door handles will deploy out again but not always in my experience!
You can lift up a handle manually, when unlocked, to provoke the handles to deploy.
If the car is locked they will stay firmly in the doors.