Carmine red with black door handles?

most_vexing_parse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
e-tron, Porsche Taycan GTS, Macan Turbo (order)
Country flag
Red - doesn't look so good in real life IMHO. You could always consider getting them wrapped later on.

Perhaps consider gloss black brake calipers instead as the white doesn't look right at all.
I agree, I went with black PSCB on my GTS build, for this reason. It goes much better with the use of black in the GTS design language.
Sponsored

Foreal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i8 roadster
Country flag
Great look with the black/red contrast. I'd order the electronic charge port door with the black tab. I think that will continue the line really nicely and will look even better.
+1 on adding the electronic charge port door. Goes very well with the black handles!

ptilley42

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Red door handles and opt for colour matched mirror bases. Just my opinion. looks clean

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Red door handles and opt for colour matched mirror bases. Just my opinion. looks clean
Beat me to it. ALWAYS spec painted mirror trim - especially if doing black door handles.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
My lock date is coming up on the 14th, but the last thing I’m thinking about doing is adding black door handles to my carmine red build (see photos).

What do y’all think? Should I keep the black door handles or just have them red

93C0733C-A3E6-4385-859F-FAC52E7BD176.jpeg

5A2DA80D-FCB2-4AEB-A13C-2DA6DFDF0421.jpeg

BDA4AC61-DDB0-4635-B527-DA68FD28BFB3.jpeg
They do look better in pic 1 with the dark pano roof and rear window.

But the view you will see is pic 2 and 3, which don't look anywhere near as good imo.

Especially pic 2, where there is less dark contrasting going on.

Agree that they would go better with electric port covers.......and also that wrapping makes sense.

MohCT4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
I got my Cherry Metallic CT last week. I did gloss black all over. Window surrounds, inlays, handles, logo. Paired with the power charge port it creates a beautiful line across the side. It’s not Carmine red, but it should give you a decent idea.
Porsche Taycan Carmine red with black door handles? 24C8BDE7-F290-424C-8BB9-53124C6F1468

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
I got my Cherry Metallic CT last week. I did gloss black all over. Window surrounds, inlays, handles, logo. Paired with the power charge port it creates a beautiful line across the side. It’s not Carmine red, but it should give you a decent idea.
24C8BDE7-F290-424C-8BB9-53124C6F1468.jpeg
CT looks fantastic with black handles. But, IMHO you can take more liberties with the CT than with the sedan due to the CT's more aggressive off-road persona.

MohCT4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
CT looks fantastic with black handles. But, IMHO you can take more liberties with the CT than with the sedan due to the CT's more aggressive off-road persona.
Agree, it just has a different vibe than the sedan. (I just finished washing it, so it’s in the fully lifted height here).

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
24C8BDE7-F290-424C-8BB9-53124C6F1468.jpeg
Lovely. It's nice to finally see a real vehicle with the option. It confirms the effect I was hoping for- I've got my brave pants on with it on my Frozen Blue build.
(PS you can update your Vehicles list now ? )