Available Taycans @ Substantial Discounts!

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
Then I think you're focusing on a problem which is not relevant right now, and may not be relevant ever ($3K ADM vs. $2.5K shipping ). The issue today is allocations. If you don't end up getting MY23, MY24 may go up in price more than the shipping cost of the MY23. Some Taycan waits are a year or longer long, some dealers have so many people they no longer take more names, or only take names of people within their city (not even from elsewhere in the same state). In other words, unless they are asking for non-refundable deposits, I'd get on both waitlists and take whichever gets you an allocation first.
I don't disagree...
Sponsored

OP
OP
ssim

ssim

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
718 GT4 RS; Panamera 4S; Cayenne E-Hybrid
Country flag
Update for friends of the community who follow this thread:

Edit: 2022 & 2023 RWDs have sold!

You might have seen from another thread recently posted that Taycan sales for Q3 2022 are down ~47% compared to Q2 2022. To me, this is crazy...but we know that it's because of short supply, not demand. If you have recently purchased a Taycan, congratulations! And if you're planning to purchase one soon...keep reading :)

My SA is still accepting order demands for all Taycan trims @ MSRP. You can estimate about 1+ year(s) to receive a CT/ST allocation or anything 4S Sedan and above. RWD Sedan might be slightly easier to get in a shorter timeframe. Please PM!

Something new I'd like to try -- If you're after an allocation, or just want to talk about your spec, you're always welcome to PM me...but for those who want something sooner, I have an idea that might help:

If you PM me the trim for which you are interested, I will keep a running list and reach out to you first if my SA tells me that he has something available. It doesn't have to just be Taycan either...you can message me about any Porsche model. He had a bonus Taycan GTS and 4S a few weeks back that sold quickly to people who had PM'd me. While I'll continue to post whatever info I have here for everyone to see, time is of the essence, and it couldn't hurt to PM me what you're looking for...and if I hear of something, I'll let you know!

As a reminder, I'm not compensated in any way by any party; I'm just happy to help people avoid paying ADMs. I live by the idea 'if you put good out into the world, good will come back to you.'

Last edited:
OP
OP
ssim

ssim

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Quick Update: The incoming 2022 and 2023 Taycan RWDs have sold! If you want to place an order demand for any trim @ MSRP with no deposit required until allocation, please PM.

If you want me to keep you in mind for any extra allocated inventory cars (because you don't want to wait for an order...or you want to place an order and be offered any incoming units along the way), please PM.

rui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
...then an incoming GTS yesterday (that sold to a forum member; first GTS I've seen available in almost a year)
I am the lucky guy.. @ssim magically presented me with a Carrera white GTS @ MSRP and connected me with his SA. After some work, I took the delivery last night!! It's a pre-build car but has everything I need and is beautifully spec'd. Thanks Sam!

Porsche Taycan Available Taycans @ Substantial Discounts! IMG_3906

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
I am the lucky guy.. @ssim magically presented me with a Carrera white GTS @ MSRP and connected me with his SA. After some work, I took the delivery last night!! It's a pre-build car but has everything I need and is beautifully spec'd. Thanks Sam!

IMG_3906.jpeg
Awesome! How much did it cost to ship to SJ?

OP
OP
ssim

ssim

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

IMG_3906.jpeg
Gorgeous car, Rui! Enjoy it in good health :)

For those watching this thread looking to buy a Taycan...hang in there. Sometimes, all it takes is being magically presented with an available inbound unit!

Here are some daytime pics of Rui's car that he sent me. It's a really nice spec that deserves to be shown off:

Porsche Taycan Available Taycans @ Substantial Discounts! tempImageGnFlC

Porsche Taycan Available Taycans @ Substantial Discounts! tempImageZ5OIZq

Last edited:
OP
OP
ssim

ssim

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Update for Friends of the Community:

I recently spoke to my SA to check-in on Taycan allocations and any available incoming units. Unfortunately, he has nothing available. All of the incoming units he had (that I also shared on here) have sold, and it seems the only way to get an allocation is to submit an order demand and wait. For Taycan Sedan, anything 4S and above is particularly difficult...And all CTs/ST are difficult. If you'd like to submit an order demand for Taycan, are looking for another Porsche model, or want to talk about anything Porsche :), you're always welcome to PM me! I love Porsche (and seeing people drive their dream Porsches!), and I'm happy to connect you with a SA who will try his best to help.

There are some people waiting for incoming cars that, after a while, can no longer wait and decide to pass...a lot of Porsche dealers are seeing this happen as people become impatient or change their minds. If I hear of something available, I'll mention it on here for everyone.

If you have a car incoming, especially if it's equipped with Bose or any constrained option, it's probably best you continue to wait...though I know that's easier said than done. I really don't think the allocation situation for Taycan will improve at least until Q3 2023, and only the Porsche Gods know what option will be placed on constraint next! :CWL:

That's all I have for now! I'm hoping to be able to post some available incoming cars soon. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out.

PS: I know of two CPO units in case you want something now -- 1) CPO 2022 CT4 in a nice color combo and low miles @ ~$10k over MSRP (lower but well-equipped sticker though...so pricing isn't too bad); 2) CPO 2021 Turbo S in a nice color combo with reasonable miles @ ~$30k under MSRP. PM to see full specs!

Last edited:

FrozenBerries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
I originally thought I wanted a lucid, but changed my mind a month ago after seeing some quality issues on the forums. Wish I joined a waitlist back then in q1 this year rather than 2 weeks ago…

I guess the idea of waiting for my first nice new car will have to hold me over for quite some time! I never had as much fun driving as that brief taycan test drive!

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
There are some people waiting for incoming cars that, after a while, can no longer wait and decide to pass...a lot of Porsche dealers are seeing this happen as people become impatient or change their minds.
I think a number of those have to do with changing economy/market situation. Interest rates go up, so anyone who stretched for a Taycan with a loan/lease is now looking at higher monthly payments. Stock market dropped significantly this year too, so all tech company employees who get stock grants as part of their compensation suddenly see their income and often savings held in the stocks significantly reduced. Cost of living on the other hand is going up with inflation.

Last edited:

Taycan barry

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan cross tourismo 4 s
Country flag
Hi! While my account here is new, I'm a longtime lurker on the TaycanForum and have been quite active on Rennlist for a few years now. I've created this same thread on RL, but thought I'd post this here as well for better exposure. Hope everyone is doing well! --

Every so often, my wonderful SA emails me builds to incoming cars he thinks I may be interested in or know people who would be interested. I can't share build sheets on this post, but if you're looking for a car and something mentioned below catches your eye, you're welcome to PM me. No skin in it for me. I would simply connect you with him. Just trying to help people get cars at sticker during this weird time.

These are at MSRP. They're incoming but locked configurations. I honestly think they're all great builds with Premium Pack and other creature comforts.

GTS Sedan (Dolomite/Slate Grey Leather - $151k)
GTS Sedan (Dolomite/Black Leather - $151k)
GTS Sedan (Carrara White/Slate Grey Leather - $151k)
4S Sedan (Chalk/Bordeaux - Performance Battery - $135k)
4S Sedan (Black/Bordeaux - Performance Battery - $132k)
Turbo Sedan (Ice Grey/ Black/Chalk Leather - $178k)
This should sell fast: Cross Turismo 4 (Ice Grey/Standard Interior in Black - $115k)

Dealer is on the east coast, and you'd have to ship/pick up. ETA is May. For those who don't want to pay a ridiculous ADM and want a nicely configured incoming car, these are great options. Thank you for your consideration!

Quick edit to reflect my later post:

There are also a couple of Base RWD Sedan allocations available, all March production, at MSRP. These can be done PEC LA/ATL. PM if you're serious and interested in placing an order.

Taycan barry

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan cross tourismo 4 s
Country flag
I originally thought I wanted a lucid, but changed my mind a month ago after seeing some quality issues on the forums. Wish I joined a waitlist back then in q1 this year rather than 2 weeks ago…

I guess the idea of waiting for my first nice new car will have to hold me over for quite some time! I never had as much fun driving as that brief taycan test drive!
I jusr

OP
OP
ssim

ssim

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hello Friends!

It's been a while since my last post, so I wanted to update those of you viewing this thread with some good news :) My SA has one incoming 2023 Taycan RWD Sedan available at MSRP...it is fixed at V250 with a late December ETA. It is Black/Black with Premium Pack, Performance Battery +, 21" Rims, and a few more nice options...and most importantly...Bose! At least Bose is on the build sheet, and it's a locked build, so I'm 99% sure the car will be built with it. It's a very reasonable MSRP.

If you're interested and would like to see the full build sheet, please PM. If you previously PM'd me about a Taycan RWD, I have just PM'd you, though I may have missed someone...so please reach out!

Edit: Sold! Please PM to place an order.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ssim

ssim

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Also -- There might be an available Taycan RWD allocation (I'm working to get more info about availability for 4S, GTS, etc allocations). It would be sold at MSRP.

I've messaged people who previously reached out to me about a RWD order. If you're one of those people, or you're interested in ordering a RWD, please PM!

Edit: Sold! Please PM for more info.

Last edited: