Back seats 2+1

miglio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s - Cayenne Coupe Hybrid - Carrera S 992
Country flag
What do think about back seats. 2 +1 optional?

pro and cons

usability, aesthetics. Etc
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
miglio

miglio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
@miglio
Cons:
1. Extra seat belt may detract from asthetics, doesn't bother me.
2. Loose the change tray between seats
3. With transmission tunnel for batteries, not very comfortable

Pros:
1. 5th person in a pinch
2. Gives 40/20/40 split on rear seats for long objects and still seat 4
3. Easy to drop to access objects in trunk by rear seat passenger in-flight.
4. Relatively inexpensive option

I took the option. For me it was worth it for the ability to take a 5th passenger occasionally.

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
I don't often carry five people but it happens, for me this was an easy decision. I think most other Taycans in Norway will have 2+1 also.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
For the UK market it was an option that the salesguy told me I must tick for resale.
Interesting. I’ve got that option as well but didn’t think it may help resale. I can’t see me ever having more that 3 passengers in the car.

Cilviloze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boxster, MB E class, MB S class, Alphard
Country flag
I first wanted to spec this option as well. Why not. More flexible. But then I thought It'd make the interior look worse for something that I didn't know when I'd use.

Last edited:

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I first wanted to spec this option as well. Why not. More flexible. But then I thought It'd make the interior look worse for something that I didn't know when I'd use.
It's certainly a personal preference, and a very inexpensive option. I opted no for the following reasons. The middle seating surface is almost identical, just a slightly (maybe a couple inches?) longer seating surface, and a headrest. The middle seat does affect both other rear seats. They no longer match the front seats in pattern, and there is a 'pesky' seat belt for the middle seat that intrudes on the driver side rear seat. The headrest slightly obscures the poor rear view, and you lose the armrest and cupholder for the rear seat passengers. I don't ever anticipate having 5 people in the car, and if I do, it will be for a very short distance, and they can fit in just as well - of course without seatbelt or headrest...

OP
OP
miglio

miglio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It's certainly a personal preference, and a very inexpensive option. I opted no for the following reasons. The middle seating surface is almost identical, just a slightly (maybe a couple inches?) longer seating surface, and a headrest. The middle seat does affect both other rear seats. They no longer match the front seats in pattern, and there is a 'pesky' seat belt for the middle seat that intrudes on the driver side rear seat. The headrest slightly obscures the poor rear view, and you lose the armrest and cupholder for the rear seat passengers. I don't ever anticipate having 5 people in the car, and if I do, it will be for a very short distance, and they can fit in just as well - of course without seatbelt or headrest...
thank you
Very detailed reasons

RRVV17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, GLS580
Country flag
I have the 2+1 option...........You do not lose the armrest and rear seat cupholder in the rear
Sponsored