Third Row Rear-Facing Seats

TractionControl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT soon
Country flag
Has anyone thought about the possibility of retrofitting/installing a 3rd row of rear-facing seats for kids in the Cross Turismo or Sport Turismo? Maybe I am in the minority, but those seats in the Mercedes E-Class Wagon/Estate and the old Tesla Model S (pics below) are terrific when needed in a pinch. If we get a Taycan it will be our only car, and so when we occasionally host family/friends over it will be useful to install the 3rd row seats and relocate the kids there for added occupancy. I can have the seats custom made, but can anyone shed some light on how practical this could be or if there is even enough space to install this in the CT/ST trunk?

Porsche Taycan Third Row Rear-Facing Seats 2021 Mercedes E 450 4Matic wagon 3rd row rear facing - Copy

Porsche Taycan Third Row Rear-Facing Seats Tesla-Model-S-rear-child-seats

Electron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, Audi
Country flag
It would be great to have this flexibility for carrying extra kids. The problem is the seatbelts. I’d never consider a retrofit without a factory-certified seatbelt solution.

EvFamily

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE, dodge Ram
Country flag
interesting idea. When I asked my service advisor how the third row ev suv was coming along for Porsche, he said it won’t be a true suv like a cayenne but more a Panamera and described exactly this as what they are doing. Not sure how accurate but you might have this option to buy in the future from Porsche.

LongLive959

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
I just did a 2,000km road trip with my family of 5 in my Model S. The jump seats were a life saver. My wife and I in the front, two boys in the back, and our terrible toddler in the jump seats. Saved a lot of fighting!

they also work great in a pinch, if we need to give someone a ride….plus the kiddo thinks it’s super fun. It’s a great option

I wish Porsche had added it, but don’t know how it would safely be retrofitted after.

Big P is probably banking on that new 7 seater EV SUV for anyone who needs more room

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
the early tesla model S had an option for a seat like that, it flopped because only smaller children could fit back there and the HVAC system didn't heat and cool the seats there. the option was quickly deleted
Sponsored