Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
I found it useful for entering my garage which has a sloped driveway and a lipped threshold which would cause the car to brake if it thought it was going to roll backwards.
I have a different issue. When at a stop light on an incline, I find that I am not putting enough pressure on the brake pedal and the Taycan tends to roll. I have to remember to push HARD to get the brake to 'take' so I can release my foot.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I have a different issue. When at a stop light on an incline, I find that I am not putting enough pressure on the brake pedal and the Taycan tends to roll. I have to remember to push HARD to get the brake to 'take' so I can release my foot.
Adjust the setting then to 'Early' and see how that works and if not experiment.

Light constant pressure until Hold lights up is all that's needed in my experience.

Kiyofumi

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I often get scared while reversing, the fish eye will make you think there's a car or a wall right NEXT to you. And coming from BMW and Mercedes for years... that is something that I still haven't got used to... and something that I never through would be a problem...

Reactions: B61

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I often get scared while reversing, the fish eye will make you think there's a car or a wall right NEXT to you. And coming from BMW and Mercedes for years... that is something that I still haven't got used to... and something that I never through would be a problem...
I'm sure you realise that if you touch the camera icon the view changes from fish-eye to standard wide angle?

Kiyofumi

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I'm sure you realise that if you touch the camera icon the view changes from fish-eye to standard wide angle?
Yes, I do that now. But still an extra step and often on a hurry still scare myself. (Have a 3 car garage) and I through I’ll run into my garage wall or cars. Slowing getting used to it tho.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Yes, I do that now. But still an extra step and often on a hurry still scare myself. (Have a 3 car garage) and I through I’ll run into my garage wall or cars. Slowing getting used to it tho.
It should remember the last used position I would have assumed. I never touch the camera icon and always start in standard view when Park Assist kicks in.

Reactions: B61

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Out of curiosity, can you keep the rear camera on the screen while driving? I got used to doing this with my Model S's, so curious if I could continue doing that in a Taycan when it gets here. Anyone use it like that?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Out of curiosity, can you keep the rear camera on the screen while driving? I got used to doing this with my Model S's, so curious if I could continue doing that in a Taycan when it gets here. Anyone use it like that?
No, only up to a speed limit of 9 mph (15 km/h) and then the camera switches off.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No, only up to a speed limit of 9 mph (15 km/h) and then the camera switches off.
Thanks. That sucks. From my test drive I don't recall Taycan having much better visibility out the rear view mirror than a Model S has (I couldn't use the PCM as the SA couldn't figure out how to get it out of some demo mode, couldn't even zoom in on the map). Rear camera is really useful to see behind. At least Taycan has proper BSM with warnings in the mirrors.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thanks. That sucks. From my test drive I don't recall Taycan having much better visibility out the rear view mirror than a Model S has (I couldn't use the PCM as the SA couldn't figure out how to get it out of some demo mode, couldn't even zoom in on the map). Rear camera is really useful to see behind. At least Taycan has proper BSM with warnings in the mirrors.
BSM is an option in Europe!

Rear view is fine if you don't have the 4+1 seats as the central headrest will obscure an already small viewing aperture.

If you have 360 pano cameras then most manoeuvres are a breeze - from kerbside view to birds-eye.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
BSM is an option in Europe!

Rear view is fine if you don't have the 4+1 seats as the central headrest will obscure an already small viewing aperture.

If you have 360 pano cameras then most manoeuvres are a breeze - from kerbside view to birds-eye.
I have 4+1 configuration, but also birds-eye view and BSM (Lane Change Assists is the name here in the USA IIRC) speced out on my car. I'm sure I will love the car, it would be nice if I could still use the read camera white driving - I have the passenger display too, and GPS directions can be displayed on IC and/or HUD, so could sacrifice the main display for an improved rear view mirror (in a Model S it takes up less than half the screen, and it stays on between drives, but of course the screen is much bigger).

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
In that case red and blue lines are not displayed anymore…

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
In that case red and blue lines are not displayed anymore…
Displayed in standard mode only and doesn't make any sense to display in a fisheye view which would be too distorted to be useful.

Beardo

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BluTack 4S CT
Country flag
Displayed in standard mode only and doesn't make any sense to display in a fisheye view which would be too distorted to be useful.
You don't actually get this mode unless you option the full surround cameras. If you just have the reversing camera only you just get the fisheye.

Unless of course I've missed it which is possible!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
You don't actually get this mode unless you option the full surround cameras. If you just have the reversing camera only you just get the fisheye.

Unless of course I've missed it which is possible!
Curious indeed!

It looks like the standard reversing camera doesn't have any camera icons so you are indeed correct.

Porsche Taycan Backup Camera Quality to Improve? 1667322256262

The view (not sure I'd call it fisheye) is different from what I see on my surround setup - there are 2 camera icons and touching either front or rear will set the view and then if you touch again you get a view that is demonstrably more fisheye
Sponsored