Battery preconditionning (heating or cooling)

MyA

First Name
Marc-Yvon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Newbie question: Is the preconditionning of the battery on the way by to a charging station (as determined in the navigation system) only applies if the charging point is Electrify America/Canada? On my way to a 50 kW station, as listed in the Nav system, it didn't seem to make any difference in the battery temp.

Is the limiting factor the operator (even if recognized on the Nav system) or the power of the charging station?

Merci for your inputs!
Sponsored

sfr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4s MY 2021
Country flag
Hi,
My seller told me the heat pump option helps a lot !

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Hi,
My seller told me the heat pump option helps a lot !
Heat pump standard on MY21. Shows as standard equipment for base RWD.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Newbie question: Is the preconditionning of the battery on the way by to a charging station (as determined in the navigation system) only applies if the charging point is Electrify America/Canada? On my way to a 50 kW station, as listed in the Nav system, it didn't seem to make any difference in the battery temp.

Is the limiting factor the operator (even if recognized on the Nav system) or the power of the charging station?

Merci for your inputs!
Works for any charger 50kW+ (I think is the minimum) but you need to navigate to a charger to initiate preconditioning of battery. Chargers not listed in PIRM database can be added as a stopover which ensures the control of preconditioning as needed.

This is covered in the Porsche Good To Know App - use of Porsche Intelligent Range Manager (PIRM) and adding chargers as stopovers.

Heat pump is for climate control and not related.

Battery could have been optimised already depending on various factors.

Reactions: MyA

Gubbjaevel

First Name
F
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TaycanT'20
Country flag
Intelligent Range Manager no a requirement.

Add a charger as a stopover or final destination and your vehicle automatically preps battery temp at arrival (30*C if I'm not mistaken).

Or, as we early adopters found out - Spots Plus+ for the last 20km and a heavy right foot works as well.

OP
OP
MyA

MyA

First Name
Marc-Yvon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Works for any charger 50kW+ (I think is the minimum) but you need to navigate to a charger to initiate preconditioning of battery. Chargers not listed in PIRM database can be added as a stopover which ensures the control of preconditioning as needed.

This is covered in the Porsche Good To Know App - use of Porsche Intelligent Range Manager (PIRM) and adding chargers as stopovers.

Thanks for the referal. Driving mode must be set/left on RANGE so that PIRM/Charging planner and battery conditionnning work altogether, right?

Or SPORT+ as some others suggest!!

sfr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4s MY 2021
Country flag

For the heat pump, please have read here :
https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/products/taycan/battery-18557.html

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thanks for the referal. Driving mode must be set/left on RANGE so that PIRM/Charging planner and battery conditionnning work altogether, right?

Or SPORT+ as some others suggest!!
No not a requirement.

Read the manual.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Maybe I am not reading right or maybe my English is not my mother tongue

271B0BC9-C78D-4EAE-815A-B75B5442AC14.jpeg
The English used in the manual is not particularly clear.

Two things are at play here 1) Charging Planner, 2) PIRM. 1) Battery pre-conditions with any charging station selected (the trigger is that the destination is a charger and is 50kW or more), 2) Battery pre-conditions as per 1) but PIRM can invoke RANGE mode (if not already) to optimise range by controlling speed and climate control.

Proof of the pudding is to try it all out (if you have time).