Bay Area (East bay) to Tahoe in one shot?

ituner

First Name
Andrei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota, Mercedes
Country flag
Hello Bay Area Taycan drivers! Is it possible to drive from East Bay to Tahoe on a single battery charge (no speeding, no crazy acceleration)? The distance is 196 miles, but it is uphill about 7,000 ft. Thanks!
Sponsored

ejcintr

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s, F150
Country flag
Hello Bay Area Taycan drivers! Is it possible to drive from East Bay to Tahoe on a single battery charge (no speeding, no crazy acceleration)? The distance is 196 miles, but it is uphill about 7,000 ft. Thanks!
I live in P-town and door to door to my house in Truckee is 211 miles... with the elevation gain- I don't think it is doable in one shot - at least not the way I drive- and even if you are super conservative- I still think your not going to be able to do it. That being said there are lots of charge spots up the i-80 corridor (I am assuming your going to N Lake) and I usually stop in Rocklin Commons (https://www.plugshare.com/location/186191) or in Auburn at the motel 6 (https://www.plugshare.com/location/350450).. both have been pretty solid EA stops for me. 20 minutes of charging and you have more than enough to get up the mountain.

notsofast

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90, 2005 Cayenne Turbo, 2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
This depends :) If traffic keeps speeds down I can drive Menlo Park to Gardnerville, NV on a full charge via 88 in summer with a few percent SOC to spare. This is ~210 miles with a similar but not identical elevation profile to going to Truckee. I guess what I am saying is the answer to your question really depends on the specific route, car, and driving style.
Sponsored