Best Bose settings?

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
Greatly appreciate people's thoughts on this too, I've been fiddling around for a week and still don't feel like I have a great setting. I also have Bose and use Spotify through wireless Apple Carplay.
Maybe it is psychological, but I think I get a little better sound with Spotify when I plug-in rather than transmit with Bluetooth.
Sponsored

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
Bass +5, Treble +3, Surround 'off', sounds false to me, Linear 'off', sounds smother / more rounded left off. I have Audiopilot and the boost streaming sources both set to 'on'. Also have the fader set one notch to the rear,

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Settings may also be relevant to what people mainly listen to.

Dance music settings may not sound good for opera or talk radio for example.

My musical taste is primarily Soul/House/Jazz funk etc, but I will also listen to talk radio a lot.

Only had the car 3 days, so I am still experimenting to get it sounding right most of the time without adjusting settings (not there yet).

I will play something like this track to make sure the bass is tight and not too low/boomy.

enginerdify

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
I had my neighbor use his professional audio calibration equipment on my 4 CT to analyze the output using a pink noise input source. Here is what we found matched an ideal curve. NOTE: This may be different for the Sedan due to speaker placement and such and everyone’s ears have their own preference - take as a starting point based on digital data analysis.

Taycan CT Bose Profile

surround: on - this brought up the kids and high-mids that were lacking by default
fader: just forward of the center lock position to fully forward - this eliminated the “surround” effect while still enabling the mids described above
bass: 3 - beyond 5 it was too “boomy” and didn’t have that smooth roll, but in that 3-5 range was ideal for the target curve
treble: 6 - some of the high-mids seem attached to this equalization control, so bringing it up helped those match the curve
linear: off - enabling this compresses the end of the audible spectrum and really detunes the subwoofer activation
true sound: off - if using a decent source (direct usb, wired phone/ipod) this had negligible impact and in some cases was slightly detrimental to the curve matching
Porsche Taycan Best Bose settings? IMG_9148
Porsche Taycan Best Bose settings? IMG_9150
Porsche Taycan Best Bose settings? IMG_9151

Last edited:

Alex74

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT (MY22)
Country flag
I had my neighbor use his professional audio calibration equipment on my 4 CT to analyze the output using a pink noise input source. Here is what we found matched an ideal curve. NOTE: This may be different for the Sedan due to speaker placement and such and everyone’s ears have their own preference - take as a starting point based on digital data analysis.

Taycan CT Bose Profile

surround: on - this brought up the kids and high-mids that were lacking by default
fader: just forward of the center lock position to fully forward - this eliminated the “surround” effect while still enabling the mids described above
bass: 3 - beyond 5 it was too “boomy” and didn’t have that smooth roll, but in that 3-5 range was ideal for the target curve
treble: 6 - some of the high-mids seem attached to this equalization control, so bringing it up helped those match the curve
linear: off - enabling this compresses the end of the audible spectrum and really detunes the subwoofer activation
true sound: off - if using a decent source (direct usb, wired phone/ipod) this had negligible impact and in some cases was slightly detrimental to the curve matching
Can you send photo of screen for the settings, please.
thx

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
I know nothing about audio and probably don't have very refined taste in music (prefer Red Hot Chili Peppers over Mozart), but use Apple Music 100% of the time and found the following settings to be quite acceptable with the Bose: Surround: On; SoundTrue: On; Bass: 0; Treble: 6; Fader/Balance: default center position. (I would like to adjust the sound ever so slightly toward the front but the controls are too sensitive and move it too far up when I try.)

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Seems like there are 2 groups: those liking the fader a touch forward and those who like it a touch behind lol

BartA

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan GTS
Country flag
I always wondered why would you increase treble or bass. Just listen to the music as the artist intended. Bose is sounding enough “bassy” and “digitally” on it‘s own. I would recommend to turn off everything and keep eq flat.

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
For Metal Fader forward over mid compartment and bass and treble 6. Tested Exodus and Slayer. The high treble helps the cymbals but any higher than 6 and the guitars rip the ear drums. The 6 bass actually really brings the double bass drums forward creating a beastly thunderous rumble. Metal mixes are not big on bass guitar so it’s not an issue being so high say versus a dance track. Surround on. No difference with SoundTrue.

Tambrose

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I always wondered why would you increase treble or bass. Just listen to the music as the artist intended. Bose is sounding enough “bassy” and “digitally” on it‘s own. I would recommend to turn off everything and keep eq flat.
That sounds like the right thing to do, but there are some other factors.

First, the artist is not always involved in the final mix and others involved (the producer, record label, mixing engineer) may make changes to make it sound “better” for radio or Spotify or whichever monitors they are using. I’ve read many times about artists not being happy with the final mix, hence some (not all) instances of remastering.

Second, not all speakers or rooms/listening environments or listeners are the same. It is more challenging in a car because it will be different sitting still vs driving and on the tires/road/wind/rain/etc. conditions.

Ideally, one would have the tools and equipment to make the output completely flat across the entire audio frequency range with the eq settings, then playback would then be as it is on the media. Again, can’t quite do that for all the variables in a car

ElectricSoul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2021 Taycan 4 CT in Crayon
Country flag

Taycan CT Bose Profile

IMG_9148.jpeg
IMG_9150.jpeg
IMG_9151.jpeg
I wonder if the recent update would change the calibration :)