So my Bose settings are lost when I use AppleCar play. Anyone else have this occur?

Mikegrr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes sl550, corvette c7
Country flag
I go into settings and set the Bose to surround sound and linear (not sure what this does) . Now if i switch to , say, Google Maps in applecar play, When I go back to the cars audio with Sirius, the music plays but my Bose settings are unchecked. This has happened several times. I haven't even listened to music from my phone.
I have no idea why this happens, but I would love to know of a fix for this minor problem.

Am I missing something?
Sponsored

First Name
Anderson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
I go into settings and set the Bose to surround sound and linear (not sure what this does) . Now if i switch to , say, Google Maps in applecar play, When I go back to the cars audio with Sirius, the music plays but my Bose settings are unchecked. This has happened several times. I haven't even listened to music from my phone.
I have no idea why this happens, but I would love to know of a fix for this minor problem.

Am I missing something?
The same happens to me. Not sure what it is and didn’t have a chance to investigate further. Let’s see what the others will teach us!

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
The same happens to me. Not sure what it is and didn’t have a chance to investigate further. Let’s see what the others will teach us!
I have experienced this once, but set things back and haven’t experienced it reverting again in months.

There is a thread on Rennlist that suggests 2 things: 1) Save the settings to your profile/key just like you would seat position. 2) The issue might be a false negative, where if there is no selected/active audio source, some of your previously selected settings (e.g. linear) are grayed out, but reappear once there is an active audio source.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

Am I missing something?
They get lost without Apple CarPlay from time to time and is just another feature of the PCM.

abrookesuk

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 - blt Jun 3, dealer 22 Jun, del me 29..
Country flag
Fo for the meaning of linear: Just looked at the Good To Know App, the Linear setting "switches the PCM from a bass-heavy setting (linear off) to a more neutral sound (linear on)"

abrookesuk

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 - blt Jun 3, dealer 22 Jun, del me 29..
Country flag
Went to go find that in the manual (MY22 GTN embedded in My Porsche) and couldn’t.

@abrookesuk What section of GTN did you find that in?
Oh goodness will have to remember now…. I stumbled across it