Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Went out to car one morning and car wouldn’t switch on. Porsche (AA) assistance called. Ended up being taken to local dealership. It’s taken a few weeks and some logistic planning but I’m getting a new battery.
Picking up car tomorrow, hoping they have upgraded to 22kw charging/plug n charge etc.

Only 35000 miles done. 2nd car from dealership to get a new battery!
Sponsored

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Wow - thats unreal - can you share what model year both cars were i.e. it seems the majority of failed HV batteries appear to have been 2020 to 2021 early adopter cars (and poss related to slightly different battery chemistry etc) - if these are 2022 cars that would be very good to know.

PS: in ref to the 22Kw onboard charger - was that an option to retrofit as they had the original battery removed that you took advantage of, as obviously not related to the failed battery itself, correct?

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Picking up car tomorrow, hoping they have upgraded to 22kw charging
Good luck with it all. I wouldn’t expect them to replace / upgrade the OBC as that’s not part of the pack. It sits in the frontal frunk area.

LATE-CT

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Tourismo
Country flag
Went out to car one morning and car wouldn’t switch on. Porsche (AA) assistance called. Ended up being taken to local dealership. It’s taken a few weeks and some logistic planning but I’m getting a new battery.
Picking up car tomorrow, hoping they have upgraded to 22kw charging/plug n charge etc.

Only 35000 miles done. 2nd car from dealership to get a new battery!
this happened to me 2 weeks ago, my car is 4 months old done approx 3500 miles and I had a fault saying pull over where safe...............I hadn't even started the car at this stage...........Porsche assist sent AA to wake 12 volt battery up but was towed away to Porsche the next day.
Latest they think there's a problem with the main battery but say there's only a couple of technicians in the UK, I'll have to wait until someone can come over to Nottm to check this out.
Why can't they do this by facetime or whatsapp with local mechanics..........SHOCKING
Sponsored