aniltandon

First Name
Anil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
I got an error in my 2021 Taycan for the Precool/Heat setting. It says "Precool/Heat System Error". The heat in the car isn't working. I can understand if a tech issue related to EV could prop up as Porsche are new to this, but heating failure seems very surprising.

Just dropped off to the dealership today for diagnosing.
Sponsored

Trogdors_Peasant

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4s, 2022 AMG SL63
Country flag
Nothing to "diagnose." The original heaters, all 9 revisions of them that were built before Feb 2023, fail every 12-24 months on average. My last failure was 11/7/2022. That replacement failed 11/9/2023. Luckily the dealer had one of the new design post 2/23 heaters in stock and put that in last week.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I got an error in my 2021 Taycan for the Precool/Heat setting. It says "Precool/Heat System Error". The heat in the car isn't working. I can understand if a tech issue related to EV could prop up as Porsche are new to this, but heating failure seems very surprising.

Just dropped off to the dealership today for diagnosing.
It isn't surprising. It isn't new. First heater failure report in this forum was October, 2020.
Porsche has issued at least 3 preventive recalls for this problem over the years, but only included a small subset of Taycans in each recall. For most Taycans, Porsche policy is: wait till the heater fails (and then wait longer cause it's winter and heaters are in short supply.)

hifi239

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Nothing to "diagnose." The original heaters, all 9 revisions of them that were built before Feb 2023, fail every 12-24 months on average. My last failure was 11/7/2022. That replacement failed 11/9/2023. Luckily the dealer had one of the new design post 2/23 heaters in stock and put that in last week.
Wow, I did not catch that there were 9 revisions. The one in my 2022 is being replaced as we speak. The dealer has the replacement part in stock. How can I tell if it is one of the good ones, or by now, are all of the parts the good ones?

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Wow, I did not catch that there were 9 revisions. The one in my 2022 is being replaced as we speak. The dealer has the replacement part in stock. How can I tell if it is one of the good ones, or by now, are all of the parts the good ones?
Get photos of the old and replacement heaters like @Jonathan S. did: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...-your-porsche-center.17545/page-5#post-272686
And review this summary post: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...-your-porsche-center.17545/page-5#post-272859
And review TSB: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...compartment-heater-wpl8-october-5-2023.17826/
Do not assume that heaters in-stock at a dealer were manufactured after Feb 14, 2023. You must have the date on replacement heater verified.

Last edited:

JasonC

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Picked up my new 4S in December 2022 in NY. Driving it home on a cold day I realized the heat wasn't working. Took it back and it was a faulty heater right out of the factory. They found one at a dealer out west and replaced it in a few days. Haven't had any issues since and hoping I don't as it's already really cold in NY this year!

OP
OP

aniltandon

First Name
Anil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Thanks for the info. I will check with the dealership if they can install the one made in feb/2023.

OP
OP

aniltandon

First Name
Anil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
The dealership mentioned they have ordered a high voltage heating system for its control unit. I asked them to check if they are getting one manufactured on or after 2/23.
Sponsored