Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
Larger motor is on the rear axle and so (not being an engineer) I'd expect most recuperation to come from that and obviously if you have two motors then more potential to recuperate more energy and of top of that you may squeeze a little more with overrun recuperation.
No. Max regen is split about 2:1 in favor of the front (weight shifts to the front while braking). Motor size makes no difference so long as the max regen is within the rating.
I wonder how much recuperation (regen) is happening in base (RWD) vs. 4S (or other dual motor AWD)?
RWD is rated for same max regen, but it obviously is all on the rear. Several mini-discussions on other threads about RWD, regen, and brake pads.
Sponsored

mystermykee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 IGM
Country flag
Strange outcome. Did they provide details of the defect?
They did not. It was something along the lines of, "We consulted with Porsche NA and they said to replace front rotors and pads."

I bought the car used with about 1800 miles, so I have no idea how the owner drove the car. But I don't think the PSCBs should look like this with such low mileage.

Porsche Taycan Braking IMG_7942

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
They did not. It was something along the lines of, "We consulted with Porsche NA and they said to replace front rotors and pads."

I bought the car used with about 1800 miles, so I have no idea how the owner drove the car. But I don't think the PSCBs should look like this with such low mileage.

IMG_7942.jpeg
Perhaps a lot of time spent at the track?