Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
So no obvious answer to the OPs issue of how they got in?

Do you have Comfort Access Sheila?
....... But even so, with the new key design (I don't know cause I don't have Comfort access) relay theft should not work.

I am very security aware after previous experiences (armed robbery at home) but am only aware of 2 Taycans actually being stolen.

One on here (US) where they stole the key at the dealership.

And this couple of low life scum (UK) who don't seem to know how to even drive/start the car.

Sponsored

OP
OP
sheila

sheila

First Name
sheila
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 2021
Country flag
So no obvious answer to the OPs issue of how they got in?

Do you have Comfort Access Sheila?
....... But even so, with the new key design (I don't know cause I don't have Comfort access) relay theft should not work.

I am very security aware after previous experiences (armed robbery at home) but am only aware of 2 Taycans actually being stolen.

One on here (US) where they stole the key at the dealership.

And this couple of low life scum (UK) who don't seem to know how to even drive/start the car.

Yes i do have comfort access. Right now my car is at the dealership and they’re trying to find out how to raise the security level and reprogram the keys. So far I bought a faraday box

TayTaySD

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mamba Green Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'm going to ask a stupid question. Are you sure your car was locked? I say that because if you
just walk away after (30?) seconds the handles fold in but the car is NOT locked.
The other issue I have had is when I lock the car and kind of walk around a bit near the
car it might unlock. Also if it is in something that hits the button it will unlock. This is true
of all the cars I have owned, sometimes in my pocket the FOB buttons are pressed...

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Yes i do have comfort access. Right now my car is at the dealership and they’re trying to find out how to raise the security level and reprogram the keys. So far I bought a faraday box
You can also get small faraday pouches for key fobs/credit cards that are nice to have when traveling.

OP
OP
sheila

sheila

First Name
sheila
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 2021
Country flag
I'm going to ask a stupid question. Are you sure your car was locked? I say that because if you
just walk away after (30?) seconds the handles fold in but the car is NOT locked.
The other issue I have had is when I lock the car and kind of walk around a bit near the
car it might unlock. Also if it is in something that hits the button it will unlock. This is true
of all the cars I have owned, sometimes in my pocket the FOB buttons are pressed...
Yes im positive it was locked. Because of the first theft I religiously check if it’s locked

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag

TYKHAAAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Ram 2500, Kia EV9
Ok, I’m going to say this and just leave it. Take it for what it’s worth. The OP‘s post and account fits a phishing attempt. New account, few posts, pretty woman profile pic. This account is asking us to determine and post PUBLICLY what we think are the vulnerabilities to our very valuable vehicles. Even if the OP post is 100% legit, not a good idea people to post what we think are the best ways to loot this car. We are the SMEs on it and need to protect it.

OP, if you are legit, i do apologize, but seriously, this whole situation smells wrong. I’d advise admins to close this thread and not allow any like it that exposed potential ways to steal or break into our cars, even tho there may be legit reasons to ask.

I promptly expect my account now to be targeted if OP is in fact a criminal, so this may be the last time I have control of it. ?

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Ok, I’m going to say this and just leave it. Take it for what it’s worth. The OP‘s post and account fits a phishing attempt. New account, few posts, pretty woman profile pic. This account is asking us to determine and post PUBLICLY what we think are the vulnerabilities to our very valuable vehicles. Even if the OP post is 100% legit, not a good idea people to post what we think are the best ways to loot this car. We are the SMEs on it and need to protect it.

OP, if you are legit, i do apologize, but seriously, this whole situation smells wrong. I’d advise admins to close this thread and not allow any like it that exposed potential ways to steal or break into our cars, even tho there may be legit reasons to ask.

I promptly expect my account now to be targeted if OP is in fact a criminal, so this may be the last time I have control of it. ?
Really now, there is nothing discussed in this thread that I haven't seen discussed elsewhere. Not to mention all of the sites, especially on the dark-web, that are dedicated to pretty much everything criminal, including how to use technology to steal the latest cars (and probably most of our personal data as well). The idea that someone would come to a forum like this to learn about techniques/vulnerabilities for stealing Taycans is, well, at least to me, ludicrous.

Discussing vulnerabilities on a forum like this helps owners, not criminals. Except for smash and grab folks, I'm willing to bet that the more sophisticated car thieves already know more about our cars than the average owner and have probably read the manual from front to back as well ;)

P.S. Making sure owners understand the vulnerabilities, that the thieves likely already know, is a public service. Forwarned is forearmed after all.

TYKHAAAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Ram 2500, Kia EV9
Really now, there is nothing discussed in this thread that I haven't seen discussed elsewhere. Not to mention all of the sites, especially on the dark-web, that are dedicated to pretty much everything criminal, including how to use technology to steal the latest cars (and probably most of our personal data as well). The idea that someone would come to a forum like this to learn about techniques/vulnerabilities for stealing Taycans is, well, at least to me, ludicrous.

Discussing vulnerabilities on a forum like this helps owners, not criminals. Except for smash and grab folks, I'm willing to bet that the more sophisticated car thieves already know more about our cars than the average owner and have probably read the manual from front to back as well ;)

P.S. Making sure owners understand the vulnerabilities, that the thieves likely already know, is a public service. Forwarned is forearmed after all.
Take it for what you want like i said. In the end I’m either wrong or right. If I’m wrong, no sweat off your back. If im right, maybe I helped.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
Another possibility is that it's somebody that knows you. Remember the car can be controlled remotely via your porsche.com account. Your account could be compromised.

OP
OP
sheila

sheila

First Name
sheila
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 2021
Country flag
Another possibility is that it's somebody that knows you. Remember the car can be controlled remotely via your porsche.com account. Your account could be compromised.
Thank you everyone for all the responses. I left my porsche at the dealership for a week hoping for answers but i got better information from this forum than the service at the dealership. They said that the memory only stays for 20 times of lock/unlock and they couldn’t tell me anything useful for future usage. Basically told me to put my keys in a faraday box and if happens again bring it back immediately. I appreciate everyone’s input. …. And no im not a thief and the picture is real ?

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Thank you everyone for all the responses. I left my porsche at the dealership for a week hoping for answers but i got better information from this forum than the service at the dealership. They said that the memory only stays for 20 times of lock/unlock and they couldn’t tell me anything useful for future usage. Basically told me to put my keys in a faraday box and if happens again bring it back immediately. I appreciate everyone’s input. …. And no im not a thief and the picture is real ?
  1. Put your keys in a faraday cage when at home, as you're already planning. Don't forget the spare key.
  2. Change your online password to a new, never used on any other site account. If you are currently using a password used on any other site and that site was compromised, the thieves can locate your car, and remotely unlock it at will.
  3. If possible, setup a security camera recording where the car is parked. Those are relatively inexpensive nowadays, especially to anyone who can afford a Taycan. Having a video of a breakin can help identify the mode of entry, and possibly catch the thieves.
  4. Never store anything irreplaceable in a car. No matter the car (except maybe some armored trucks), there are always ways to get into them whether destructive or not. You would not want to be driving a car into which first responders cannot get in to save your life in case of an accident. And even if you were ok with that, any car can be stolen by a tow truck in under 30 seconds (scary, I know, but you can find examples on the internet showing it's not that hard to pull off).

Last edited:

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
The post about potential phishing is very valid imo.

On a previous forum I was on there was a lot of discussion about ways people could break in / steal the cars and it was obvious that a lot were thieves.
The forum members ended up trying various things and innocently reporting back on what did and didn't work.
?

This thread was also the 'most read' by some margin last week - even though there were not too many posts on it.

Sheila sounds genuine though.

So care is needed to only post cures and not vulnerabilities.

Also worth, memtioning that the Taycan is rated highly for security and relay theft

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-n...y-ratings-for-keyless-car-theft-vulnerability
Sponsored

Last edited:
Reactions: B61