Burmester Amp Missing

AlexR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (on order), BMW X5, Golf GTE
Country flag
So apparently there was a stop sale all of March whilst software update and part awaited. Both now released and being sent to dealers. Should all be sorted next week.
Sponsored

AlexR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
But it has not been sorted...bit of a slog in the face to wait 7 months to finally have it delivered to the dealer to then have it stopped waiting for whatever it is. And the financing rates have gone up.

OP
OP

Adz_1990

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
718 GT4, VW T6, Turbo S CT, Cayenne Hybrid (due)
Country flag
Yup, plus 7 months is actually a lot less than the norm, I'm at 11 months today...

No news on my car yet, just waiting to hear when the part is "ok'd" to be ordered by Porsche UK (such a joke and the dealer agrees) and then we will have some idea of delivery and how long to prep the car etc.

GTS440

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Tursimo 4S
Country flag
First post here from me, so hello all.

I have just been notified by my UK dealer that my Taycan Sport Turismo 4S is built and on its way to the dealer (due next week) but has a 'Stop Sale' on it for a missing Burnester Amp.

Message from dealer:

'Until the amp has been supplied by Porsche we will not be able to provide a handover to you. Porsche are working as quickly as they can to get these parts dispatched. As soon as they get another shipment from Germany, they will be working down the list of cars in priority of how long the affected cars have been waiting.'

I already have a Cross Turismo with Bose which I will be replacing with the Sport Turismo and I thought i'd give Burnester a try. Wish i'd gone for Bose again now! Anyway, i will keep the forum updated.

Taz1981

First Name
Taz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo s
Country flag
I have the same ! Turbo s CT and stop on the delivery given the amp issue. The thing I dont understand is as above theh must know This when they send the car . It’s all about expectations management

GTS440

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Tursimo 4S
Country flag
Has anyone who was on Stop Sale for Burmester had the issue resolved yet? If so when was your car built and when was is resolved please?

Just trying to guage how long i might have to wait?

AlexR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Still waiting for mine to be resolved, been sat with the dealer for 10 days with daily assurances that it will get resolved the next day as they are assured the part will arrive. So painful to wait 7 months, get sent a video of the car and now another unquantifiable wait time.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I already have a Cross Turismo with Bose which I will be replacing with the Sport Turismo and I thought i'd give Burnester a try. Wish i'd gone for Bose again now!
When I went to finalise my order a few days ago the dealer had a note adding 6 weeks delay for Bose, so I dropped it. As it turned out my car hasn’t been locked for build yet so I will check again when it is. I am not waiting more for car audio, personally :)

OP
OP

Adz_1990

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Still waiting for mine to be resolved, been sat with the dealer for 10 days with daily assurances that it will get resolved the next day as they are assured the part will arrive. So painful to wait 7 months, get sent a video of the car and now another unquantifiable wait time.
14 days for me, and to be fair to the dealer they have said they will let me know as soon as they are able to order the part. That time has not come yet after speaking with them today. They have been very upfront and said they do not know when that will be. So at least I know I am in for the long haul! Just ticked over 11 months since deposit down now as well :-( Maybe a year deposit to delivery is on the cards!!

AlexR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
FFS this is not at all what I am being told - part was supposed to arrive last week! Will follow-up, probably need to get back onto...On To. £15 a day in congestion charge is not the best use of funds

VK45.01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 waiting for parts
Country flag
Into week 7 of the car just sitting at the dealer. Still no info. Well, other than a message saying "we have no new info".

For my first experience with Porsche, this is not exactly confidence inspiring. I also have a feeling that because I have not been a customer before, cars to existing customers are completed and delivered before mine. Dealer had four cars (incl. mine) waiting, and now have five. But the three cars that arrived with mine have all been delivered, so it´s mine and four new cars now waiting..

OP
OP

Adz_1990

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Into week 7 of the car just sitting at the dealer. Still no info. Well, other than a message saying "we have no new info".

For my first experience with Porsche, this is not exactly confidence inspiring. I also have a feeling that because I have not been a customer before, cars to existing customers are completed and delivered before mine. Dealer had four cars (incl. mine) waiting, and now have five. But the three cars that arrived with mine have all been delivered, so it´s mine and four new cars now waiting..
7 weeks waiting for Burmester, ouch!

Also I would like to think it is not a existing customers over yours, as I have had quite a few Porsches in the past 5 years and mine is still sat there waiting. I think it is purely down to there being no supply. Although, very much like the electric steering columns, I wonder where any Burmester amps are going, production line maybe....

ASL

First Name
Alain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia e-niro, waiting for my CT4S
Country flag
7 weeks waiting for Burmester, ouch!

Also I would like to think it is not a existing customers over yours, as I have had quite a few Porsches in the past 5 years and mine is still sat there waiting. I think it is purely down to there being no supply. Although, very much like the electric steering columns, I wonder where any Burmester amps are going, production line maybe....
They are not going in the production line, that's for sure.
A friend of mine has his CT4S blocked at the dealership with a STOP SALE due to the Burmeister. The car has been produced 3/4 weeks ago.

OP
OP

Adz_1990

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
They are not going in the production line, that's for sure.
A friend of mine has his CT4S blocked at the dealership with a STOP SALE due to the Burmeister. The car has been produced 3/4 weeks ago.
Snap, mine was produced early April.

But I would have a pretty good bet that there some Burnester Amps at the production line now, rather than in the cars sitting waiting for parts. There wasnt any there in April it appears, well I hope not anyway!!

GTS440

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Tursimo 4S
Country flag
My Taycan ST 4S has now arrived at the dealer but no info or date yet for the Burmester amplifier.......
Sponsored