First Name
Lauryen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hello,

Im interested in hearing if anyone experinced issues with their Taycan where it was in the dealership multiple times (whether it be for the recall/software issues or anything else) and Porsche NA offered a buy back!

If you opted for the replacement option did you get a car that was matched MSRP to MSRP? I am in this process now, however the cars they are presenting to me in exchange, if I accept I will be losing features on the car so in my eyes I'm downgrading. I just want to see if anyone experienced the same thing and what did you do.

I tried to search the forum and I couldn't find a post that talked about opting for the replacement.
Sponsored

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hello,

Im interested in hearing if anyone experinced issues with their Taycan where it was in the dealership multiple times (whether it be for the recall/software issues or anything else) and Porsche NA offered a buy back!

If you opted for the replacement option did you get a car that was matched MSRP to MSRP? I am in this process now, however the cars they are presenting to me in exchange, if I accept I will be losing features on the car so in my eyes I'm downgrading. I just want to see if anyone experienced the same thing and what did you do.

I tried to search the forum and I couldn't find a post that talked about opting for the replacement.
Could you be more specific? What exactly are they offering you versus what you originally bought?

OP
OP
Lauryen828

Lauryen828

First Name
Lauryen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Could you be more specific? What exactly are they offering you versus what you originally bought?
I have a 4S in frozen berry with Turbo Aero wheels! One of the replacements is missing the passanger display, its grey, it doesnt have the 25 foot charging cable (which I need and was told needs to be surrendered with the car). It doesnt have the turbo aero wheels. No power mirrors. My biggest issue of all is the Color!

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Personally, I wouldn’t do that.
either take your money (ie. hard dollars), or keep your car.
As far as I understood you, it’s been fixed, right?
If one spends over 100k for the car, it should be exactly the same as dreamt….

just my $0.02

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have a 4S in frozen berry with Turbo Aero wheels! One of the replacements is missing the passanger display, its grey, it doesnt have the 25 foot charging cable (which I need and was told needs to be surrendered with the car). It doesnt have the turbo aero wheels. No power mirrors. My biggest issue of all is the Color!
But the question I have, is your car a MY 2020 and they're offering you a 2021? Is the car they're offering you a 2020, a 2021 demo or a new 2021 car? I understand your color thing--thats tough to overcome if you're in love with frozen berry. Have they done a dealer search to find you a frozen berry or are they just offering what's at their specific dealer? Personally, I’d calculate the difference in price for any options being deleted from the replacement car and ask for a check for those missing options or I'd order exactly what I'd want and wait for that car to deliver.

OP
OP
Lauryen828

Lauryen828

First Name
Lauryen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Personally, I wouldn’t do that.
either take your money (ie. hard dollars), or keep your car.
As far as I understood you, it’s been fixed, right?
If one spends over 100k for the car, it should be exactly the same as dreamt….

just my $0.02
I agree with you 100%! I just wanted feedback, I've been dealing with this for so long now. They did find another Frozen Berry however there is a $27,000 difference in MSRP & they told me I would be responsible for the difference ??. Or, I could opt for the colors they chose ?. Needless to say I am not paying the difference. I'll keep my car and hopefully this software update did the trick and I have no more issues.

OP
OP
Lauryen828

Lauryen828

First Name
Lauryen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
But the question I have, is your car a MY 2020 and they're offering you a 2021? Is the car they're offering you a 2020, a 2021 demo or a new 2021 car? I understand your color thing--thats tough to overcome if you're in love with frozen berry. Have they done a dealer search to find you a frozen berry or are they just offering what's at their specific dealer? Personally, I’d calculate the difference in price for any options being deleted from the replacement car and ask for a check for those missing options or I'd order exactly what I'd want and wait for that car to deliver.
They did find another Frozen Berry however there is a $27,000 difference in MSRP & they told me I would be responsible for the difference. Or, I could opt for the colors they chose! My car is a 2021 and the replacements are all 2021. I truly love the Frozen Berry it is so different. I did ask for the difference in MSRP to be reimbursed and they said no! Ironically they offered me a large cash option to keep my car as well, but I would waive my rights to the lemon law replacements in the future.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I think that you made the right decision.
Enjoy in your car & good luck!

cfp

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo '22 (ordered),MB E350, Mini Cooper SE
Country flag
Could getting a car wrapped in Frozen Berry be an option?

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
I can’t provide any personal experience, but if you’re looking for validation or opinions:
  1. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with making the exterior color a sticking point. You want frozen berry, get frozen berry.
  2. The MSRP thing is tricky. It’s hard to do 1 for 1 on a higher MSRP, but given the situation, I think they should at least discount the new car. I don’t know what a reasonable amount is for that. 10% of MSRP? 15%? It wasn’t your choice to receive a faulty car and go through this. Will they apply the “keep it payoff” toward the MSRP difference? I don’t know how to force a compromise here. I just know what I think is fair.
  3. Not getting a 25’ cable if you need it is BS. They can let you keep the cable and order a new one for the car or order a new one for you. It’s not like your looking for handouts. You’re just tying to get whole on your car.
if it we’re me and I felt confident the issues were fixed, I would just keep the car.

If I wasn’t comfortable with the issues and I could find a suitable replacement that I didn’t feel I was compromising on and was fair to me, I would swap it.

If I couldn’t find a suitable/fair replacement but still wanted the car and felt comfortable with the next one being better, I would look for alternative temporary transportation and order a new one.

If I wasn’t confident in a replacement or didn’t want the car I would just look for something else.

I tend to think I wouldn’t reach the last case, but I’m not in that position, so I can’t be sure.

Edit: Anyone know what they make as profit on these cars? If their profit is more than the MSRP difference, then they should be able to do the swap for higher MSRP at no charge. No reason they need to make a profit on the replacement car.

Last edited:

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
Did you ask whether you can just order the exact same spec again from the factory? Not sure why the replacement car has to be a car that's already built...

raymort

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo 2020
Country flag
Did you ask whether you can just order the exact same spec again from the factory? Not sure why the replacement car has to be a car that's already built...
They won’t do this option.
I’m involved in the same buyback situation.

I looked at the replacement, but determined that wasn’t going to get the vehicle I wanted. They will only allow you to get a car in current dealer stock and charge you 100% of the MSRP difference.

In the repurchase procedure, they use some ridiculous outside company to evaluate the repurchase price. I’m fed up with them and about to file a federal complaint against PCNA to get fair valuation.

Horrible customer service experience. My car was in the shop 45+ days since October until they agreed to repurchase in June. Now they want to be extra cheap and not pay a fair amount For the repurchase for their defective car.

OP
OP
Lauryen828

Lauryen828

First Name
Lauryen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Could getting a car wrapped in Frozen Berry be an option?
I definitely thought about that. My only concern is finding someone reputable to do it and that does quality work I researched that option as well. The cost wasnt bad around 5-6K. Im from NYC and I know of a place there and also an amazing place in Atlanta. I haven't found one in Los Angeles Yet.

OP
OP
Lauryen828

Lauryen828

First Name
Lauryen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
They won’t do this option.
I’m involved in the same buyback situation.

I looked at the replacement, but determined that wasn’t going to get the vehicle I wanted. They will only allow you to get a car in current dealer stock and charge you 100% of the MSRP difference.

In the repurchase procedure, they use some ridiculous outside company to evaluate the repurchase price. I’m fed up with them and about to file a federal complaint against PCNA to get fair valuation.

Horrible customer service experience. My car was in the shop 45+ days since October until they agreed to repurchase in June. Now they want to be extra cheap and not pay a fair amount For the repurchase for their defective car.
I agree! Im frustrated because this is a Porsche problem. Granted, I can allow them to buy the car back and walk away, however there is no other car that I see that I want. I would love a Lamborghini Urus ? , but I haven't made it there yet, Im just starting my career. So that really isn't an option. I truly believe trading it out for the car of my choice due to limited inventory is fair. Its not like Im asking to upgrade from a 4S to a Turbo S. I was without my car for almost 2 months and I just got it on 4/2.
Sponsored