D.Dagg

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Should I be concerned about buying a used 2020 Taycan 4S with 25,000 miles? It is pre-owned certified but in Canada the car still will cost $109,000.
The only thing holding me back is the mileage (41,000 km = 25,000 miles).
Any comments would be really appreciated.
Sponsored

O2TheL

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots of Ducati, LR Defender, Audi S5, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Assuming you're good with how the car is spec'd (color, options, etc), I think condition would be more relevant than miles at that level. My thoughts:

- Can you get battery SoC data?
- Have factory updates been completed?
- Bodywork condition?

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
25k miles for a 3 year old car isn't much at all. Battery warranty for another 4 years or 55k miles, so can't see an issue. Knowing battery SoC would be useful i guess.

Also, given the cars are bloody expensive to repair if they break down, i'd definitely want porsche extended warranty.

OP
OP

D.Dagg

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Assuming you're good with how the car is spec'd (color, options, etc), I think condition would be more relevant than miles at that level. My thoughts:

- Can you get battery SoC data?
- Have factory updates been completed?
- Bodywork condition?
Thanks for the reply. The car looks great with the 21 inch wheels and paint protection film. It has been updated because it is at a reputable Porsche dealer.

O2TheL

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Awesome!
Ask the Dealer for a SoC report and think you're good to go

OP
OP

D.Dagg

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
25k miles for a 3 year old car isn't much at all. Battery warranty for another 4 years or 55k miles, so can't see an issue. Knowing battery SoC would be useful i guess.

Also, given the cars are bloody expensive to repair if they break down, i'd definitely want porsche extended warranty.
cheers Big Bob

O2TheL

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Is there anything in particular one should be looking for in the Battery SoC report? Not familiar with that at all.
I'm no expert on this topic, but you can search it on the forum for opinions.
Also, post the data here and let people chip in.

MAPC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2023.5 Defender, 2019 X1
Country flag
That’s only 8k miles per year. Nothing! :)
I just bought a 2020 4S with 25k miles. Not CPO. waiting for it to be delivered. :)

Good luck with the purchase!

ShiftyWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2017 Audi Q5 PP
Country flag
I just bought a 2020 4S with 25k miles. Not CPO. waiting for it to be delivered. :)

I am not quite three weeks into my 2021 4S. The only regret is that I can't drive it more often.

Congrats on the 2020 and happy hunting to OP on your used search.

OP
OP

D.Dagg

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

Appreciate you taking the time to comment

MAPC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2023.5 Defender, 2019 X1
Country flag
I still have the debate in my head on whether to buy a used 2020 Taycan or get a brand new Model S or Lucid Pure for the exact same money.
I cant speak to the Lucid as I didn't consider one....but here are some comments on Taycan vs Tesla.

I have owned three Teslas- a Roadster, an early S and a P100D. I had great experiences with each of them.

Pros for Tesla: tech is better, Plaid is CRAZY fast, charging network is better (if you see the benefits of the Superchargers), car is a bit bigger and probably more comfortable for passengers (rear)

Pros for Taycan: more solid, far higher build quality, much better driving experience (well, it is a PORSCHE!), more impressive interior (although I think that the new S's have come a long way since even my second one).

I considered a used 2021 Plaid vs a used 2020/2021 Taycan 4S. In the end I the build quality and driving experience won me over.

Last edited:

arijaycomet

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
I still have the debate in my head on whether to buy a used 2020 Taycan or get a brand new Model S or Lucid Pure for the exact same money.
I had the exact same dilemma. As I've already owned EVERY Tesla there is including a 2010 Roadster, I still went to drive the latest Model S iteration. I found that the yoke wheel is horrible, but the round wheel blocks a lot of the cluster. And in general I was left unimpressed by the car. I wanted it to be something more.

I found a local Lucid Air Touring model to drive, and I absolutely loved it. I even put down a deposit on a car that was located in Chicago and got approved for their really aggressive leasing. I will say this: I wanted semi autonomous driving features, similar to at least the ALK features on Porsche, the basic AutoPilot on Tesla. To get that on the Lucid, the Pure does not include; and the 18 month lease promo on the Touring made that the smarter buy.

(side note: car market is softening and used car values are bad, even more so on any EV; so if you get anything I suggest a short term lease, or a used car)

Ultimately, the forums on the Lucid and a few owners I spoke to (and a few post Lucid owners on here) convinced me otherwise. It felt like it was going to be much like my early Tesla experiences a decade ago and I did not want that. I was worried that I'd have issues, and the nearest actual service center for me is a bit far away. I also liked the idea of getting the most car for the lowest monthly cost, so a used Taycan 4 CT wagon sounded cool. But I do still want a Lucid Air once they square things up a bit better :) for the moment I think a used/depreciated Taycan is the smarter buy though.

EDIT -- and unsurprisingly @MAPC with the tandem post -- my twin, or brother from another mother ... from his keyboard to your eyes ;)
Sponsored