Kev.k

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Amarok highline, Seat Leon FR hybrid
Country flag
I’m considering buying a used Taycan turbo with the intention of keeping it long term.

Trying to learn as much as I can.

The panoramic roof was one option I really wanted. After reading about cracks and replacement cost, it’s the one option that I definitely don’t want.

Are there any other options that would be great on a lease, but you would avoid if you owned the car?
Sponsored

ben1

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla,porsche
Country flag
In general (not taycan or Porsche specific), there are typically issues with air suspension in the longer run. But I think all Turbo's have air suspension, so it isn't really an option.

I would avoid gimmicks that do not really add functionality but can break: like ambi-lights, ionizers or electric charge ports.

Jasper4S

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
I would avoid gimmicks that do not really add functionality but can break: like ambi-lights, ionizers or electric charge ports.
Just wanted to add; ionizer is not a gimmick at all. It cleans the air in the car. I have pollen allergies and this summer was sublime inside the car. No issues at all, best 200€ I spent on the car.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I would avoid standard interior, standard wheels, standard seats, standard headlights, and standard brakes (even in light of regen, I’m traumatized from standard brakes in my former Cayenne).
By "standard" do you mean:
Standard equipment for a Turbo or
Default item for a Taycan (RWD)?
E.g. Turbos come standard with PSCB, Matrix LED including PDLS+, etc.

beefster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
This thread lists compromises when selecting some options that might be helpful. But it sounds like you're looking for reliability/replacement pricing reasons to avoid options. Pano roof and air suspension would potentially be big ticket items for replacement or repair. Same goes for higher optioned headlights, wheels, and head up display (windshield replacement costs more).

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
The panoramic roof was one option I really wanted. After reading about cracks and replacement cost, it’s the one option that I definitely don’t want.
Are you basing this on any real data (e.g. you found what percentage of pano roofs crack) or just anecdotal complaints from people on the internet? Internet can make non-issues sound like a huge problem by the simple fact that you only hear complaints, most people don't go online posting "my pano roof didn't crack".

Crazymind

First Name
Mattia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Had many cars with pano roof, so far none had problems… of course if your car has it, it might give you problems at some point… Now, the cabin is quite claustrophobic without it…

The Riddler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Had many cars with pano roof, so far none had problems… of course if your car has it, it might give you problems at some point… Now, the cabin is quite claustrophobic without it…
My pano roof hasn’t cracked yet, and my Taycan isn’t currently on fire either…

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
I’m considering buying a used Taycan turbo with the intention of keeping it long term.

Trying to learn as much as I can.

Are there any other options that would be great on a lease, but you would avoid if you owned the car?
My view on this is there are no options to avoid outright. There are certainly ones that are questionable for the money though but they are all pretty good….some are just a matter of taste.

OP
OP

Kev.k

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Amarok highline, Seat Leon FR hybrid
Country flag
Thanks for the advice.

I’ve had a few cars with pano roof including an Alfa Romeo (not known for great build) and had no issues.

I just seen the replacement cost, cracking stories and read some had to replace their windscreen with it too.

Taycans seem good value compared to anything else atm so I’m trying to learn as much as I can before I buy.

Nothing has put me off so far.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
The best way is for you to give us some examples that you are considering, @Kev.k, then we can pick it apart what options might be trouble. However, as others said, Turbo trim is very well equipped. I have a no compromise Turbo build (see my signature for code), but I did stay away from the most troubled option in my option, which is the VLC roof, long story. I love everything about my build and cannot wait to look and drive it every time.
Sponsored

Last edited: