Can back seats be flipped down when 12V battery is dead?

Charlie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
When the 12V battery is dead and you enter the car with your manual key, can you still flip the backseats down? If so, we could keep our 12V charger and battery booster back there instead of needing to keep them in the passenger compartment for access in case of a 12V emergency.
Sponsored

DQLAV

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S - Renault Captur - BMW 535i F10 (prev.)
Country flag
Flipping down the backseats is a fully manual procedure. If you pull the latch, the rear seats will be able to fold down without any electricity from the battery needed.

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Flipping down the backseats is a fully manual procedure. If you pull the latch, the rear seats will be able to fold down without any electricity from the battery needed.
Perfect. Then we can access the trunk and store our battery booster there attached to the tie down near the back seat so we can get to it in case we can't get in the frunk. Very good!

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Perfect. Then we can access the trunk and store our battery booster there attached to the tie down near the back seat so we can get to it in case we can't get in the frunk. Very good!
There is a storage compartment underneath the floor of the trunk also, so it is more out of the way. I put a 12v charger there, a testap and the porsche charger (normal cable length, not the 25 ft version) since I have another charger in the garage.

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
There is a storage compartment underneath the floor of the trunk also, so it is more out of the way. I put a 12v charger there, a testap and the porsche charger (normal cable length, not the 25 ft version) since I have another charger in the garage.
I don't think you'll be able to open the trunk with a 12V failure though and it would be a lot of crawling around to get to that tray from the back seats.

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
That is significantly cheaper than a Noco!
And all that is likely required to wake up the car - it does not have to crank a starter motor.

hox1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla X, 2016 Tesla S, 2020 Taycan 4S Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Hi all, relatively new owner so I may have missed: Is there a link to where exactly to connect the charger to the 12V battery? Couldn't find in owner's manual.

Thanks in advance

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Hi all, relatively new owner so I may have missed: Is there a link to where exactly to connect the charger to the 12V battery? Couldn't find in owner's manual.

Thanks in advance
Look in the "Good to Know" app on your phone and it's under 12V battery. It's also on pg 58 in the owner's manual that is available as a PDF if you don't have the print version. It's also under info in the PCM in the car (but that won't do you any good if the battery is dead)

hox1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla X, 2016 Tesla S, 2020 Taycan 4S Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Look in the "Good to Know" app on your phone and it's under 12V battery. It's also on pg 58 in the owner's manual that is available as a PDF if you don't have the print version. It's also under info in the PCM in the car (but that won't do you any good if the battery is dead)
That is “Good to Know”

thank you!

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Page 287 in owner's manual

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Thanks in advance
You would connect at the fuse box drivers side and then open the trunk in front, electronically...of course

F16HTON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Carrera, Taycan RWD
Country flag
I'm considering adding a fused jumper wire from the 12V battery to an exterior part of the vehicle that can be plugged into a power supply in case of an emergency. (similar to battery tender ring terminal 12V accessory cable)

That way instead of fumbling with the key, opening the frunk and connecting the clamps to the battery, it is a simple plug in.

Doing my research right now.
Sponsored