FlyingPoint

First Name
Cobblestone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, GT3
Country flag
I can't seem to charge my car at my home with two different EVSE's. No errors other than car indicates the charging planner is active (it is not) and that the charging process has completed (it has not started much less complete).
Has this happened to anyone, any ideas?

Info:
There are no timers set or setup
All charging profiles have been disabled
The battery is at 66%
Sponsored

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Mine wouldn't charge AC, turned out the 22kw onboard charger had failed. No error messages other than charge failed/ red battery in the lower battery screen. It would still charge on DC, so try that as a stop gap?

Also, have you tried the direct charge button on AC. That should override all profiles and timers etc.

OP
OP

FlyingPoint

First Name
Cobblestone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, GT3
Country flag
Mine wouldn't charge AC, turned out the 22kw onboard charger had failed. No error messages other than charge failed/ red battery in the lower battery screen. It would still charge on DC, so try that as a stop gap?

Also, have you tried the direct charge button on AC. That should override all profiles and timers etc.
No error messages, no red charging indicator. Cannot activate Direct Charge. The damn car thinks it is fully charged. I will try a DC charger later on my way to another location. Thank you.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
most likely a dealer service visit to diagnose.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
it sucks - but cars are cars and sometimes things go wrong - it's why there are warranties.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I can't seem to charge my car at my home with two different EVSE's. No errors other than car indicates the charging planner is active (it is not) and that the charging process has completed (it has not started much less complete).

Info:
The battery is at 66%
If you get message - charging planner is active - when you want to charge, you must get rid of that message. Idea is that charging planner believes car does not need any more charge.
To do this, make sure there is no active destination the nav unit. If there is, press the red stop navigation button.
If there is no destination in the nav unit, put a destination in the nav unit, let it plan the route and start navigation, then stop the navigation process with red button.
Those steps should eliminate the "charging planner is active" message. If not, go to settings in the nav unit and turn off/uncheck Porsche charging planner option.

Last edited:

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag

Info:
The battery is at 66%
Guessing here hoping to be of help.
Do you have a planned route in the sat-nav? I think that may activate the charging planner.

OP
OP

FlyingPoint

First Name
Cobblestone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, GT3
Country flag
If you get message - charging planner is active - when you want to charge, you must get rid of that message. Idea is that charging planner believes car does not need any more charge.
To do this, make sure there is no active destination the nav unit. If there is, press the red stop navigation button.
If there is no destination in the nav unit, put a destination in the nav unit, let it plan the route and start navigation, then stop the navigation process with red button.
Those steps should eliminate the "charging planner is active" message. If not, go to settings in the nav unit and turn off/uncheck Porsche charging planner option.
I finally got it corrected. I had turned off the charging planner fu.nction earlier, while the box was unchecked it still remained active. There were no destinations active in the NAV.
I rebooted the PCM and still the message "charging planner is active" remained.
I then went to the charging menu and turned on the charging planner and again unchecked it and the message disappeared. The car is charging now. Looks like it was a software glitch.

Thank you for your assistance

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I had exactly the same and this is what solved it.

First time I had an active destination and it was solved just by ending navigation. Second time no active navigation and at the end I solved it by trial and error the way you describe.

started to be worried the second time because the error persisted after pcm reset. Fortunately I was in Germany with more than enough range to reach a DC charger. But like mentioned I got it solved and could charge at the AC charger at the hotel over night.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I finally got it corrected. I had turned off the charging planner fu.nction earlier, while the box was unchecked it still remained active. There were no destinations active in the NAV.
I rebooted the PCM and still the message "charging planner is active" remained.
I then went to the charging menu and turned on the charging planner and again unchecked it and the message disappeared. The car is charging now. Looks like it was a software glitch.

Thank you for your assistance
wow - what horrible software!